School me on the LS.

You can't "coax" a car to go any faster or perform any better than it is capable of going. Is this some sort of magical bribery? Am I supposed to talk to my car? Sprinkle some fairy dust on it perhaps? :rolleyes:
+ eleventybillion

Robot I am just gonna come out and say it. Everything you say is pure chit. Every thread, same thing. Verbal diarrhea. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

I love the 740 in your pic....I wanted a 7 series soooo bad before I bought my LS but I drove a few and 2 had tranny problems and the other one at 130k drove like an old truck....it wasn't cared for though....but after driving 3 and two having the same problems kinda turned me on them....still beautiful cars and SUPER comfy.

Wow, this thread really took a shit.

Both cars aren't that fast, adequate at best by todays standard. The mark was considered pretty fast in it's day. The ls not so much, more on the average side. My dads v6 stock Saturn Aura can whoop both. A fucking Saturn guys...

I hardly doubt 250 hp V6 is gonna outrun a LS, espcially a Gen 2.

If Saturn was any good, they would be around right now.

+ eleventybillion

Robot I am just gonna come out and say it. Everything you say is pure chit. Every thread, same thing. Verbal diarrhea. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Laser, first off I am going to say this, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!. Why the hell would you even think of getting rid of that Beautiful 740i. That is going to be a classic!

Now, I know you probably aren't an idiot but I just had to get your attention. Read that post over again. As a matter of fact, read all of my posts again. Do you honestly think I would waste my time spreading a bunch of BS. I really can find better things to do. You and others may not agree with everything I post but that doesn't warrant a personal attack from you or anybody. The fact is, I probably have more driving experience than anyone else on this board. If not, I know I'm like in the top 3. Obviously, there is some validity to what I post otherwise there would be more than the same 3 or 4 bozos following me around slashing at my post.

BTW

215 mph Porsche 956 (210 officially closed circuit) Arizona 1984

173 mph Mustang GT w/Cartech and Haltech set at 445 hp @ 5200 rpm Westbound I-8 near Hotel Circle

325 knots IAS Boeing 737-400 @ FL350 over GOM April 1996

115 mph 2006 Lincoln LS V8 on Howard Franklin Bridge going toward Tampa just this past Wednesday.

I hardly doubt 250 hp V6 is gonna outrun a LS, espcially a Gen 2.

If Saturn was any good, they would be around right now.

A gen 2 ls from what I've read will run 14.7-8. That shitty little v6 Aura runs 14.5. ;)

My point was that it's retarded to argue over who's slow car is faster.

Laser, first off I am going to say this, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!. Why the hell would you even think of getting rid of that Beautiful 740i. That is going to be a classic!

Now, I know you probably aren't an idiot but I just had to get your attention. Read that post over again. As a matter of fact, read all of my posts again. Do you honestly think I would waste my time spreading a bunch of BS. I really can find better things to do. You and others may not agree with everything I post but that doesn't warrant a personal attack from you or anybody. The fact is, I probably have more driving experience than anyone else on this board. If not, I know I'm like in the top 3. Obviously, there is some validity to what I post otherwise there would be more than the same 3 or 4 bozos following me around slashing at my post.

BTW

215 mph Porsche 956 (210 officially closed circuit) Arizona 1984

173 mph Mustang GT w/Cartech and Haltech set at 445 hp @ 5200 rpm Westbound I-8 near Hotel Circle

325 knots IAS Boeing 737-400 @ FL350 over GOM April 1996

115 mph 2006 Lincoln LS V8 on Howard Franklin Bridge going toward Tampa just this past Wednesday.
Still spewing the same chit. Thanks for proving my point. Ok you're the best and have the most experience and fart magical unicorn dust to make your cars faster then everyone else's. Kudos. +2 interwebz points for you.

A gen 2 ls from what I've read will run 14.7-8. That shitty little v6 Aura runs 14.5. ;)

My point was that it's retarded to argue over who's slow car is faster.

The aura has a decent V6. Apparently it's the same as the cts. Not sure it can run 14's though.

Still spewing the same chit. Thanks for proving my point. Ok you're the best and have the most experience and fart magical unicorn dust to make your cars faster then everyone else's. Kudos. +2 interwebz points for you.

Lol.

What times have you ran in your 740??

The aura has a decent V6. Apparently it's the same as the cts. Not sure it can run 14's though.

Yup 14.5 in stock form, I was surprised.

So you're against the idea that an LS or a Mark VIII can be turned into a muscle car? You're against doing something different and showing up at the track with something different? You really have no imagination at all and seem very close minded.
It's not close minded to call these cars non-muscle cars... they aren't. If you have enough money in your pocket, you can make a Focus run the drag strip with impressive times. But it is not a muslce car.

This should remind you what a real muscle car is: http://bit.ly/IxtzR0

"662 horsepower and 631 lb-ft of torque" [stock]

2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-front-three-quarter-1024x640.jpg

You can't "coax" a car to go any faster or perform any better than it is capable of going. Is this some sort of magical bribery? Am I supposed to talk to my car? Sprinkle some fairy dust on it perhaps? :rolleyes:

rub its ass and tell it it looks pretty i bet thatll make it run faster. lol.

The fact is, I probably have more driving experience than anyone else on this board. If not, I know I'm like in the top 3.

LMAO at this one. Laser pretty damn smart.
You think a 7 series will become a classic when a 8 series isnt? ha
7 year run for that generation 7 series and there were over 340,000 made while the 8 series had a 10 year run with a little over 31,000 made, slight difference in numbers there.

And just because youve driven longer more than anyone on here doesnt mean you can drive worth s hit.
my grandpa has driven 50 years longer than i have doesnt mean hes a better driver than me. SMH.

rub its ass and tell it it looks pretty i bet thatll make it run faster. lol.

LMAO at this one. Laser pretty damn smart.
You think a 7 series will become a classic when a 8 series isnt? ha
7 year run for that generation 7 series and there were over 340,000 made while the 8 series had a 10 year run with a little over 31,000 made, slight difference in numbers there.

And just because youve driven longer more than anyone on here doesnt mean you can drive worth s hit.
my grandpa has driven 50 years longer than i have doesnt mean hes a better driver than me. SMH.
LMAO at this one. You capable of a thought.

First off the 8 series is a classic and their prices have started to rise. 7 series Sport Shorts are on the rise as well. There were under 124,000 sent to America.

That being said, this thread has turned to chit.

Lol.

What times have you ran in your 740??
I never ran the 740. Mainly because its not a race car but also partly because I have a shop I am trying to build up and work like crazy. I didnt buy the 740i as a performance saloon. I got it cause I wanted uber comfort and respectable performance. Had my goal been to be quick I would have bought the M5 instead. I have gotten the car to 150 before though and to keep it at 150 for a few miles it took about 1/3 throttle.

Now I want some more performance and good comfort and will give up some of the luxury. LS seemed like a nice compromise but a second gen V8 is a slight step backwards. Hair slower, a little less sure footed and lower top end. LS is a good car and all but now I am leaning toward a C5 A6 2.7TT. 350hp with a chip and downpipe, AWD, 5 speed auto, lots of creature comforts.

@Laser

So, this thread started out like, "Someone school me on the LS" and we have tried to school you and the only thing you can do is argue with the teachers? Really?

Here is your chance to school me young man! Tell me about the "chit" I am always spewing.

And son, you really need to try and keep her. She is very special. She is one of the last of her breed! I wish I could have had one like her :( .

http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/112_9906_2000_bmw_740i_sport/index.html

@Laser

So, this thread started out like, "Someone school me on the LS" and we have tried to school you and the only thing you can do is argue with the teachers? Really?

Here is your chance to school me young man! Tell me about the "chit" I am always spewing.

And son, you really need to try and keep her. She is very special. She is one of the last of her breed! I wish I could have had one like her :( .

http://m.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/112_9906_2000_bmw_740i_sport/index.html
Argue with the teachers? If you consider yourself a teacher then I see why the youth of today is so misguided and pussified.
The people who are actually dropping knowledge on me, I am paying attention to it. I have yet to argue with anyone regarding actual facts about the LS.
Untrue "facts" I will always argue. Stupidity pisses me off.

As for the son comment....... :lol: No problem boy.

Lazer, sorry you feel the way you do. I would not try to bs you. That's not my intent. I can only go by what I have experienced. Sure, it might be different than what others say but, isn't that the reason we ask so we can get a sampling of real world experience from others? This entire forum is based on the need to gather information from beyond what is published in the monthly magazines. Before joining this forum, I never knew there was an aftermarket for the Mark VIII. Now, I know. I also know that I can't just pull up to a Mark and be assured of smoking it from the green light. You know, most people scoffed at the idea of Rodney King doing 120 in a Hyundai before getting clubbed. I didn't. I knew they could do it because I had one that did 130 with some exhaust work. Magazines don't tell you everything and that's why we have forums.

You know, most people scoffed at the idea of Rodney King doing 120 in a Hyundai before getting clubbed. I didn't. I knew they could do it because I had one that did 130 with some exhaust work. Magazines don't tell you everything and that's why we have forums.

Funny..... With few exceptions most cars of that era were limited to ~112 due to the tires. Even the LS is limited to 130 because Lincoln installed "H" rated tires. First gen sport models had "V" rated tires therefore weren't limited.

I'm pretty sure just about any car COULD be a 200mph car, its just that most are not worth the cost it would take to get it there.

Very true but this particular car is the same one they sold here but without the limiter.

Funny..... With few exceptions most cars of that era were limited to ~112 due to the tires. Even the LS is limited to 130 because Lincoln installed "H" rated tires. First gen sport models had "V" rated tires therefore weren't limited.

Mine are V rated .

I think with that Hyundai the exhaust was so restrictive, there was no thought of it possibly making it to a speed to restrict it. Now weren't the S=112, H=130, V=149, Z=149+ at one point? I know I had Y rated on my 1st Gen and I think that is somewhere like 180 or more.

What's even funnier is I was stopped by an El Cajon based CHP coming off the 125 connector to SR94 heading west just before College Grove. Lol the officers told me they were pacing me for more than 5 miles but couldn't get close until I actually pulled over to adjust the timing. No ticket, just a tongue lashing. Whew!

Members online

No members online now.
Back