School me on the LS.

Those Marks are quick yo. I raced one the other day and the guy left me like 4 car lengths behind. They are lighting fast and do like 112mph in quarter mile.

I am pretty set on this and think I am going to sell one of my rims and pick me up a Mark so i can go fast.
Damn New Yorkers.

112mph LOL I can tell sarcasm.:D Any time you want to race my 93 let me know. ;)

I would have no problem doing it. I used to own a Mark viii, i know exactly how fast they are.

I am still in the mark club and have raced every mark in the club with the LS (gen 1, gen 2) numerous times. And, the Ls has no problem pulling away. That's why i crack up when the guys say it's faster than the LS, cause it's not.

If the mark was faster, better, i am not afraid to say it is, cause me likes the TRUTH.

I would have no problem doing it. I used to own a Mark viii, i know exactly how fast they are.

I am still in the mark club and have raced every mark in the club with the LS (gen 1, gen 2) numerous times. And, the Ls has no problem pulling away. That's why i crack up when the guys say it's faster than the LS, cause it's not.

If the mark was faster, better, i am not afraid to say it is, cause me likes the TRUTH.

i raced a 1st gen v8 several times. i was only marginally faster from a roll. (i got a pretty good jump on it from a dig though) and that's with my 4.10s and a chip too.
so if the 2nd gen v8s are faster... :eek:

112mph LOL I can tell sarcasm.:D Any time you want to race my 93 let me know. ;)

What was your fastest ET? You go to NED as well? I haven't been for a couple years but I threw down a 13.7 @ 100.8 last time. Not bad for this grocery getter. I'm hoping for a low 13/ high 12 next time. Not sure I'll ever get the time to find out.

They dont like the idea that a sedan with a puny 3.9 V8 is faster.

What was your fastest ET? You go to NED as well? I haven't been for a couple years but I threw down a 13.7 @ 100.8 last time. Not bad for this grocery getter. I'm hoping for a low 13/ high 12 next time. Not sure I'll ever get the time to find out.

Yes I go to NED all the time. Best time 13.31@102.5 N/A thats NO NOS for noobs. LOL YO

I am actually pretty sure N/A is naturally aspirated, which may pertain to no nos as well, but I was pretty sure that means not forced induction... :nos:

That was directed to guy I posted to. He ran his times with NOS. Thats why I said I ran NO NOS. And yes N/A means NO poweradders from blower,turbo or NOS.

You haven't driven a Mark VIII with full bolt-ons yet then obviously and your club is full of a bunch of slow cars. Chit, Minnesota has a pretty small crew up here and i know a handful that would blow your doors off including myself. You're too full of yourself and your car is modifiable only to a fraction of what the Mark8s are. Get over it.

Gas is too :q:q:q:qin expensive to race anyways.

Call me grandpa cause im driving slow as :q:q:q:q and letting you waste all yours.

Haha. I'll have you know Mike Schultz runs a Vortech setup that blasts down the track in the mid 11s and he drives it to the track frequently getting over 20mpg on the highway. :p A slight hit on gas mileage to run new Vettes down the track? Sure, why not.

You haven't driven a Mark VIII with full bolt-ons yet then obviously and your club is full of a bunch of slow cars. Chit, Minnesota has a pretty small crew up here and i know a handful that would blow your doors off including myself. You're too full of yourself and your car is modifiable only to a fraction of what the Mark8s are. Get over it.

But werent we comparing stock vs stock?? I didnt buy my car to modify it, i bought it to enjoy it as a daily driver. I could go buy something with a 5.7 chevy motor throw a blower on it and crush marks all day if i wanted.

Marks are all motor and nothing else. LS is everything else. Put mark motor in LS and now you have a real vehicle. :p

We do some mods here and there but we knew they couldint be built up like mod motors. oh well. still a hell of a car for the money.

Haha. I'll have you know Mike Schultz runs a Vortech setup that blasts down the track in the mid 11s and he drives it to the track frequently getting over 20mpg on the highway. :p

Thats cool.

Maybe later in the future ill have a forced induction system on another vehicle.

I dont know what times this LS runs but its a beast just N/A.

Lincoln LSX Dyno.mpg - YouTube

Lincoln LSX Dyno Pull.mpg - YouTube

They dont like the idea that a sedan with a puny 3.9 V8 is faster.

That's exactly right!

That's cause i never gave a sh#t to!
See, instead of dumping my money into a 16 year old grandpa mobile, i use it to make more and buy me a real car with AMG badges on it, that gives massages. Then what happens, you pull up at a light next to one and think "dang, wish i won a lottery to buy me one"

I didn't buy a Lincoln LS to go fast.

I would like to cordially invite you to year 2012. Come out of the 90s, you will like it.

The two cars were manufactured in the same plant so somehow the LS became the successor? The LS was originally supposed to be the successor of the Continental! They should have kept the Mark series coupes. Nevertheless, stock to stock, the LS is faster on the strip and on the country road environment.

Please don't get me wrong. I love the Mark VIII. It is an absolutely fabulous car! Why is everyone forgetting the original purpose for these cars. Why do you drag race Lincolns? Let's put these wonderful cars in their elements.

Mark VIII

An absolutely fabulous machine designed to run down vast stretches of highway with comfort and safety at high speeds and have the versatility to dance through the twisties on occasion. This one has the beautiful aerodynamic shape which makes it capable of higher top speeds. This one is what my father would call a pure PU55Y Mobile!

LS

This beautiful machine is pure Sports Sedan. What this one lacks in the aero efficiency and top speed department, it makes up with excellent balance and control in the twisties of the rural environment and the battle grounds within the urban sprawl of major metro areas. While this fine machine has a much smaller powerplant, it matches the big coupe's power and bests it in torque availability through sophistication and innovation.

So, there! I would love to have both of these wonderful cars. One being the PU55Y Mobille and the other for when that good PU55Y pushes out those 2.5 crumb crunchers.

One last bit. With some wondering what it would be like to put that great 4.6 DOHC in the LS, it would make it slower and far less nimble as it would upset the near perfect weight distribution. I wonder what it would be like to put the great 3.9 DOHC in the Mark VIII. Ok fellas! GET ON IT!

We do some mods here and there but we knew they couldint be built up like mod motors. oh well. still a hell of a car for the money.

I couldn't agree more. The video you posted is an LS motor swap with a big cam. Totally not surprised at the numbers. That car probably runs 12s.

Yes I go to NED all the time. Best time 13.31@102.5 N/A thats NO NOS for noobs. LOL YO

Thats a good time. I wasn't bragging about my time, actually on the contrary, my time should have been better. I was happy to find another member who goes up there. I have only went with one other member once. Its generally a nice quick track but street night gets chitty sometimes. I had traction problems but I have since started to address that.

No doubt a 4.6 will have more power potential than a 3.9. That's simple math. So are we comparing stock to stock or not?

Stock to stock, the LS wins. Modified, the Mark has much more potential, at least as far as power and drag strip performance. Not to say the Mark is not nimble- I loved my 94 t-bird handling (intrax springs and kyb shocks), but the LS beats it in this department (especially with the eibach springs). I have over 100,000 miles on each platform. I wanted a Mark VIII for a long time or to slap a dohc cam into my tbird but just starting out, I didnt have the time or money. Then I got out of school and could afford a low milage, LS so I scooped one up and still have it.

Your argument about comparisons was getting pretty particular. This change is allowed but that change wasn't. You went one route, which I understand and respect- gearing, stall, and whatever else you did, "bolt ons". There is also some cost associated with your method that is probably more than going the power adder route. Well, my block is stock and I "bolted on" a nitrous kit.:D

I went the other direction and added power first. Mostly to see if it was enough to keep me interested in the car, and it was. Both of these cars are slow stock which makes this whole argument kind of idiotic. My method was not any more right or wrong than yours. I simply got the performance gain cheaper and quicker, and I have the "reliability" of a stock vehicle on the remainder of my commute (400miles per week). I do plan on gears after I get a replacement daily driver, and my wheel change with the wider tires, along with the limited slip unit (coincidentally for an 8.8" IRS) waiting to be installed for resolution to the traction problems. 12's should be attainable at that point.

So, a high 12 is a pretty good feat for an LS and I will likely stop at that point. I have seen the awesome videos of the fully built engines for Marks and they pull insane times. That won't happen in an LS without swapping in a different motor and losing its handling characteristics. Anything can be done though with enough money (maybe all aluminum 5.4 supercharged?). You don't have one of those cars. Not to crap on your car, I think its a nice car and quick for what it is.

With all that crap said, I bet we'd have very close race times and would like to try to get more members up there. Maybe even rent the track for a day. Friendly competition?

See, instead of dumping my money into a 16 year old grandpa mobile, i use it to make more and buy me a real car with AMG badges on it, that gives massages. Then what happens, you pull up at a light next to one and think "dang, wish i won a lottery to buy me one"

I didn't buy a Lincoln LS to go fast.

I would like to cordially invite you to year 2012. Come out of the 90s, you will like it.

5082f7ea_Slow-Clap.gif

LS or Mark VIII, one thing we all have mastered is picture whoring. When properly done up, they look damn good standing still.

I don't think anyone buys an LS to see how much they can mod it. You can buy a $500 Nissan/Toyota/Civic and mod the hell out of it. If you want a real muscle car, you still don't buy an LS.. hell you don't buy a Mark VIII for that matter.

Wow, this thread really took a shit.

Both cars aren't that fast, adequate at best by todays standard. The mark was considered pretty fast in it's day. The ls not so much, more on the average side. My dads v6 stock Saturn Aura can whoop both. A fucking Saturn guys...

Thats a good time. I wasn't bragging about my time, actually on the contrary, my time should have been better. I was happy to find another member who goes up there. I have only went with one other member once. Its generally a nice quick track but street night gets chitty sometimes. I had traction problems but I have since started to address that.

No doubt a 4.6 will have more power potential than a 3.9. That's simple math. So are we comparing stock to stock or not?

Stock to stock, the LS wins. Modified, the Mark has much more potential, at least as far as power and drag strip performance. Not to say the Mark is not nimble- I loved my 94 t-bird handling (intrax springs and kyb shocks), but the LS beats it in this department (especially with the eibach springs). I have over 100,000 miles on each platform. I wanted a Mark VIII for a long time or to slap a dohc cam into my tbird but just starting out, I didnt have the time or money. Then I got out of school and could afford a low milage, LS so I scooped one up and still have it.

Your argument about comparisons was getting pretty particular. This change is allowed but that change wasn't. You went one route, which I understand and respect- gearing, stall, and whatever else you did, "bolt ons". There is also some cost associated with your method that is probably more than going the power adder route. Well, my block is stock and I "bolted on" a nitrous kit.:D

I went the other direction and added power first. Mostly to see if it was enough to keep me interested in the car, and it was. Both of these cars are slow stock which makes this whole argument kind of idiotic. My method was not any more right or wrong than yours. I simply got the performance gain cheaper and quicker, and I have the "reliability" of a stock vehicle on the remainder of my commute (400miles per week). I do plan on gears after I get a replacement daily driver, and my wheel change with the wider tires, along with the limited slip unit (coincidentally for an 8.8" IRS) waiting to be installed for resolution to the traction problems. 12's should be attainable at that point.

So, a high 12 is a pretty good feat for an LS and I will likely stop at that point. I have seen the awesome videos of the fully built engines for Marks and they pull insane times. That won't happen in an LS without swapping in a different motor and losing its handling characteristics. Anything can be done though with enough money (maybe all aluminum 5.4 supercharged?). You don't have one of those cars. Not to crap on your car, I think its a nice car and quick for what it is.

With all that crap said, I bet we'd have very close race times and would like to try to get more members up there. Maybe even rent the track for a day. Friendly competition?

I have to remind you guys I own a LS also! Like to get you guys going.

Wow, this thread really took a shit.

Both cars aren't that fast, adequate at best by todays standard. The mark was considered pretty fast in it's day. The ls not so much, more on the average side. My dads v6 stock Saturn Aura can whoop both. A fucking Saturn guys...

I am not sure if that would really happen on a daily basis. Maybe if the owner of the Saturn had a passion for his or her car like we have for ours. The fact remains, if you have someone that only goes to jiffy lube and buys tires from Sears, their car just runs. They may just put 87 octane in and they might not notice the difference like we can. Yes, that Saturn might be a half a second quicker in the best out of three runs but honestly, that isn't enough of a difference to make up for us passionate drivers that can coax the very best out of our machines.

Both cars aren't that fast, adequate at best by todays standard. The mark was considered pretty fast in it's day. The ls not so much, more on the average side. My dads v6 stock Saturn Aura can whoop both.

And the LS whoops a Ferrari from the 60's and most 70's muscle cars. So what? Times change.

that isn't enough of a difference to make up for us passionate drivers that can coax the very best out of our machines.

You can't "coax" a car to go any faster or perform any better than it is capable of going. Is this some sort of magical bribery? Am I supposed to talk to my car? Sprinkle some fairy dust on it perhaps? :rolleyes:

If you want a real muscle car, you still don't buy an LS.. hell you don't buy a Mark VIII for that matter.

So you're against the idea that an LS or a Mark VIII can be turned into a muscle car? You're against doing something different and showing up at the track with something different? You really have no imagination at all and seem very close minded.

Members online

No members online now.
Back