Scale detail model of LS

P

paulownian

Does anyone have a detail scale model of the LS? I would like to borrow, rent, whatever, long enough to do some photo work. If anyone who is coming to Carlisle can help, just bring it along and I can have it back to you before you leave. This is a great project. If all works out as planned, I'll post some great photos in the forum.

paulownian said:
Does anyone have a detail scale model of the LS? I would like to borrow, rent, whatever, long enough to do some photo work. If anyone who is coming to Carlisle can help, just bring it along and I can have it back to you before you leave. This is a great project. If all works out as planned, I'll post some great photos in the forum.

I've never seen or heard of a scale model of the LS. There's been some talk on other forums about making one or having a company make them, but to date I don't think its been done.

i've been tryuin to buy one for some time now.. never seen it

Maybe the scale model manufacturers over in whatever, third world, emerging economy, :q:q:q:q hole of a country, haven't figured out that there is a market for scale models of a beautifully craft vehicle like the LS - at least I haven't found the source, yet. Help me keep looking, though, if you would. This project is worth the trouble. I got the idea from the still photographer who did the recent Lexus and Saturn commercial work. He was shooting with a 7X17 view camera, while I intend to to use a 4X5. The effects will be greateven with the smaller format. After I shoot the car the way I want, I will try to photoshop in different owner's vehicles if I have the right angle and size photo of them. As I mentioned, it is an extreme experiement in photography that should yield great results.

lexmarkz00 said:
Wow, that looks NOTHING like an LS. :(

actually - it really does. a member of the LLSOC built a replica of the OLOA LS - re-created the decals and all.

He took photos of the car that could almost be mistaken for the real thing.

Quik LS said:
actually - it really does. a member of the LLSOC built a replica of the OLOA LS - re-created the decals and all.

He took photos of the car that could almost be mistaken for the real thing.

It does look like the OLOA car. Dead on...

paulownian said:
Maybe the scale model manufacturers over in whatever, third world, emerging economy, :q:q:q:q hole of a country, haven't figured out that there is a market for scale models of a beautifully craft vehicle like the LS .

...then why haven't one of the american companies made one yet either??
Obviously there isn't that much of a market for it or else companies would be all over it already. This has nothing to do with what country originates them.

I thought about getting a parma body for my 1/10 scale nitro r/c but I have yet to do it. :rolleyes:

279399_61_full.jpg

279399_160_full.jpg

279399_141_full.jpg

^^ Hot Wheels....Ertl...Spec cast....first gear..etc... What kind of die-are you talking here? There are many, many kinds of them as well as many, many brands.

i think it would be really neat if Jada Toy the makers of the Dub City die cast cars were to make a LS car.

Bad News For The Ls

I Talked To Ford, Then Ford's Collectors Catalog, And Then To Fords Catalog Producer, And Then To A Guy Named Chris, The Sales Guy For The Company That Makes All Lincoln/ford Diecast Models. He Told Me, There Was Never One Made, Because They Didnt Think The Market Was Big Enough. I Asked How Many I Would Have To Buy In Order For Them To Produce One And He Said Probably In The Range Of 50,000 Units. Got Dam!!!! Anybody Else Have Any Suggestions. Oh Yeah, I Forgot. If Anyone Decides To Make One, They Have To Go Through The Red Tape Of Getting A License From Lincoln. Im Going To Try To Get Ahold Of Some Ford Designers, They Had To Have Had A Plastic Or Wood Mold Of The Ls. Maybe I'll Just Carve My Own.

jolinc01 said:
i think it would be really neat if Jada Toy the makers of the Dub City die cast cars were to make a LS car.

Yeah, I agree. They make one for the Cadillac CTS but no LS :( Must be a bigger market for those.

Members online

No members online now.
Back