Running hot

gnarls

LVC Member
Reaction score
It is a 1996 mark viii i have had the transimission replaced, rear end worked on and radiator replace thermostat and hoses replaced and it still runs hot.

No water in the oil at all no leaks from the motor. On the gauge at 80 miles per hour it runs at the bottom of the n in normal and in town it runs on the o in normal to the r. The old radiator was full of mud and gunk.It has been about 110 to 116 here lately but with the 3600 i put into the car i would have hoped for no more problems.

Is this normal ? Or is the next step replacing the water pump and then adding oil cooler with a fan and a extra fan on the radiator? Or finding a bigger radiator maybe 4 core with bigger fans?

I am getting to the point now to see what i can get for the car:( It has 68k miles on it and it is or has only a couple dings and no leaks.If i could get 5k to 5500 i could break even.

Thanks again

make sure the fan is running, and that there are no air bubbles in the coolant.

So the car is in the "NORMAL" range and you want to know if its normal?

dude it is 116 there, that is not normal

() above normal means :q:q:q:q :q:q:q:q (see how it is blanked out) STOP :eek::eek:
n ow you need to worry :mad:
o ooo its getting a little warm :(
r eady for the fan to kick on :shifty:
m y kinda temp :D
a hh nice and cool :rolleyes:
l ow temp:sleep:

that is what it stands for, not normal.:slam sheesh. all jokes aside, your computer will tell you when it is too hot. when your computer tells you you better pull over and let it cool immediately, that is unless you are a glutton for punishment

Again its a 96 ,hook up a scan tool and read engine temp #'s before trusting dash gauge.

So the car is in the "NORMAL" range and you want to know if its normal?

Since he has a 1996 his temp gauge should read dead in the middle. It sounds like you have air bubble in your system thats one reason why the gauge will jump

yeah the system was burped like it was suppose to and the fan is working.

What i meant is that my 92 town car ran wtih the gauge 49% all the time no matter speed or temp outside.

my 96 now runs on the n in normal which is the top of the chart coming close to crossing over seems a little exessive and that it should run in the middle with the amount of stuff fixed or replaced.

I will have my ford guy check the temp with a gauge gun and see what it says maybe it is a bad gauge.

109 to 117 is normal where i live in arizona :D It is a dry heat lol .............yeah right

also i thank u all for the replys sorry for the confusion in my question.

Just worried that something else is could be wrong and i mean for the love of god i just sunk 3800 in repairs in the car and i would like to stop spending money.

Thanks again for the replys all the info is much appreciated.

Hope you get it fixed, hopefully something simple. Be a shame to sell her, a low-mileage '96 is something I'd hang onto forever. Especially if it's a black on black LSC.
That's what I have, but with about twice as many miles as yours.

thanks for all the nice replys but with the comment from nolimit 95 i will not be posting anymore.It seems that he feels that such posts are the fact that i want someone to fix it for me and be lazy about it.

I will find a new site to ask questions thanks again to all of u that did answer and help have a great evening.

thanks for all the nice replys but with the comment from nolimit 95 i will not be posting anymore.It seems that he feels that such posts are the fact that i want someone to fix it for me and be lazy about it.

I haven't seen a single post from NoLimit in this thread. :confused:

Gebus people have some thin skin these days. Remember when you could hang out with your friends, call them all kinds of nasty chit and even get in a fist fight but then laugh it off at the end of the day and buy your bud a beer?
Its no longer like that, people get sand in their vagina over the lamest things that usually are not even real.

I blame the generation after mine. The one that decided no to keep score at childrens soccer games because everyone is a winner. The people that decided smoking in plain view or in your car (ciggs) is illegal. The vegans. The ones that do not spank their children but they negotiate with them. The ones who complain when their son had sex with the uber hawt teacher. Prius owners. Obama voters. People in California. Canadians.

Gebus people have some thin skin these days. Remember when you could hang out with your friends, call them all kinds of nasty chit and even get in a fist fight but then laugh it off at the end of the day and buy your bud a beer?
Its no longer like that, people get sand in their vagina over the lamest things that usually are not even real.

I blame the generation after mine. The one that decided no to keep score at childrens soccer games because everyone is a winner. The people that decided smoking in plain view or in your car (ciggs) is illegal. The vegans. The ones that do not spank their children but they negotiate with them. The ones who complain when their son had sex with the uber hawt teacher. Prius owners. Obama voters. People in California. Canadians.

Hear, Hear!

Go all Nancy Reagan and "Just Say No" to the nanny state, and the "how you're supposed to live" garbage being rammed down your throat by the idiot box. "Analytical Thinking" should be a required class to finish school.

Just to contribute-
I would trust that dash gauge, your car is running too hot.

1- you may have to burp the system again. Sometimes, many times, it's good to take multiple passes at this, especially when you've replaced so many parts.

2- people have trouble getting a good seal on the thermostat housing. Double check that for tiny air leaks.

The system shouldn't require any axillary cooling to maintain a normal temperature, so there's no need for a 4 core or external coolers. There's something wrong with the stock system.

Burping it is free.
Check for leaks- the plastic tanks on these radiators fail where they press the radiator fins into them.

I haven't seen a single post from NoLimit in this thread. :confused:

I used his question as reference in another thread that Cal started but never mentioned "fixing it for him", I was mainly stating that the search function here tends to bring up more results than needed.

He had no problem searching through threads and finding that but was even dumber to relate me to mentioning "doing the job for him" which in reality, I did. Not once did I say anything about "fixing it for him". Most likely he got his answer from the search I did do for him. Honestly, I wasn't even directing what I posted (in another thread) at the OP. If you don't post here again, that will be one less idiotic question someone else may give you grief over. I remained out of this thread because you live in a fukkin dessert with 115 degree temps and ask why is your car temp reading "normal" or maybe even a tad above.

Take the hood off and drive it. That should fix you right up.

Blame Canada!

blamecanada.gif

rofl

If you don't post here again, that will be one less idiotic question someone else may give you grief over. I remained out of this thread because you live in a fukkin dessert with 115 degree temps and ask why is your car temp reading "normal" or maybe even a tad above.

Take the hood off and drive it. That should fix you right up.

Made me think of this for some reason :lol:

I was kidding. I have many friends from Canada and just like to poke fun based off the South Park hatred of Canada. :lol:

Edmonton?
If you ever see my buddy Quinn in his wheelchair playing sax at an event, tell him Karl from the gnusgroup says hi.

Members online

No members online now.
Back