Rumor of RWD platform for Lincoln

Dan Ro

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I can't find the short article online. Saw it in the April 2011 Motor Trend in the "trend" area pg. 20.

"Lincoln needs an RWD platform. We've all known that for years, since the LS, left the market. Fortunately, Ford Motor Company realizes it, as we've heard from several sources in recent months. Plans for a new RWD platform for Ford cars have been on indefinite hold at least since 2006, when Ford Motor Company was lining up the huge line of credit that kept it from seeking federal help in 2009. Ford posted a $6.6 billion profit in 2010, and discussions have begun on what that RWD platform will be and whether it can be shared with a new Mustang and Australian Falcon."

They need to, give the Dodge's a run. Be sweet if it was the 5.0 all aluminum. The F150 gets up and moves with the 5.0.

They can use this platform on new stangs, the falcon, and bring back the LS with a 4.6!!

FPV-Falcon-GT-P-fq-690x460.jpg

Not a fan of that design at all. RWD or not, I wouldn't buy that.

Holy HELL! I would rock that!! ^^^ Ford open your eyeessss... Why the f*ck do we get a damn Fiesta???

It reminds me alot of the LS:

2s17og6.jpg

I think this model looks better than the newer one above.

2nvtjja.jpg

Now imagine the same body and interior but with Lincoln grille and emblem stamped all over it....sexy!!

Ford-FG_Falcon_XR8_2008_800x600_wallpaper_20.jpg

Last edited:

Ford, Make this a lincoln, NOW!

The other ones are "Too" Sporty for a RWD Lincoln base. The base model cant have too much flair. but granted we can make them look that way. THis Blue one looks like the perfect start. I would buy one, in black...

And move the front wheels forward a few more inches.

And I want some with a 6.2

And a pony for my birthday

They can use this platform on new stangs, the falcon, and bring back the LS with a 4.6!!
The 4.6 is dead, so that would put the LS back in the same boat as when it had the 3.9. Hell, the D37 gives the 4.6 a run for its money, so why would you want to go back to it, anyway? Go 5.0 or go home, baby! :D

The orange and blue that blackls06 posted would be cool with a little revision. It looks like a GTO. I wouldnt mind GTO power, but ill pass on the look!!!

Lol @ Fast and his brain damage Horse present.

If I cant have a 6.2 I would want a 4 or 6 cyl incline turbo diesel option in a RWD lincoln platform.

I picture it without the strips and wing..I just like the stance of it...better than the MKZ.

Members online

Back