Rumor of RWD platform for Lincoln

The 4.6 is dead, so that would put the LS back in the same boat as when it had the 3.9. Hell, the D37 gives the 4.6 a run for its money, so why would you want to go back to it, anyway? Go 5.0 or go home, baby! :D

I dont care.

4.6 is mod heaven. The 5.0 just came out but it already has manufactures making kits and tons of bolt ons for it.

The 3.5 ecoboost can pump out some power for a V6 but it needs to be a rwd 8 cylinder.

4.6 is mod heaven. The 5.0 just came out but it already has manufactures making kits and tons of bolt ons for it.
I just don't understand wanting to start with an out-of-production engine that's just barely better than a NA V6 when you could be looking at the new corporate-standard V8 that in its base form produces almost 100hp more. Having to use an expensive odd-ball engine is one of the contributing factors in the LS's demise, after all.

All I'm saying is that you need to set your sights higher...

I just don't understand wanting to start with an out-of-production engine that's just barely better than a NA V6 when you could be looking at the new corporate-standard V8 that in its base form produces almost 100hp more. Having to use an expensive odd-ball engine is one of the contributing factors in the LS's demise, after all.

All I'm saying is that you need to set your sights higher...

They should bring back the good ol Vulcan v6!!

I like the back end of that car you posted, ls'd. The front end needs to be reworked, though. Car will have a nod to the Europeans, with some similarities in stying to a Pontiac G8. Not a bad place to start - Lincoln could add their own style to it - minus the huge grinning grille.

I just don't understand wanting to start with an out-of-production engine that's just barely better than a NA V6 when you could be looking at the new corporate-standard V8 that in its base form produces almost 100hp more.

Speaking of which, for some bizarre reason, the Ford Racing catalog still advertizes the 4.6 at a higher price than the new 5.0. :confused:

Speaking of which, for some bizarre reason, the Ford Racing catalog still advertizes the 4.6 at a higher price than the new 5.0. :confused:

See it all of the time in manufacturing. The price of the older version gets jacked up to encourage the purchase of the newer one. Changing peoples' buying habits is very hard to do without some sort of incentive.

No way in hell Ford introduces a new car with the 4.6. The 5.0 is better in every way and introducing a new car, especially high end luxury vehicle with a dead platform would ensure that it was dead in the water before it even got a chance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back