RIP Jibit aka David O'Donnell

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got a terrible phone call.

One of our members, David O'Donnell (Jibit), died today after a motorcycle accident.

Dave was one of my absolute best friends. This was a guy who would go help one of our members fix a car, just because they were a fellow lincoln owner and fellow LVCr. This was a guy I could call at 2 am and he would jump out of bed to help me with something. This was a guy who you could depend on as a friend.

Dave was to be 29 years old this coming Thursday.

I dont have any other information right now, but will post when I do.

Everyone please, say a prayer for Dave. He was truly a good guy, and one of my closest friends. To say he will be missed, is an considerable understatement.

DSC02719.JPG

OMG!

Life is not fair.

i know how close you guys were. I liked Dave a great deal also. Super good guy.

Freakin Motorcycles.

Dave, his family, and you are in my prayers.

Some things just don't make sense.

Life is just too short.

Dave, You are missed - All Our Love, LVC

He was a great man, I can not comprehend this right now..the loss to us all is immeasurable..

Gods Blessings

Love
Debi

I only met Dave that one time at Kopper's Kitchen he was a funny guy and i will miss his friendship.

I am very sad to hear that. Let our prayers go to their families. Dam motorcycles, once again. I am greatful to be here today.:confused:

Dave good friend ... you were suppose to be riding with me today ...
How I wish you would have come this weekend to Boscobel maybe the new would have been different... God Speed .... Dave LvC and Kopper's Will never be the same. Thanks for the memories.... Thanks for the great friendship...

I met Dave at the first meet on Lombard ... He became a very close friend...

Joey Thanks for LvC and the chance to meet Dave... for those who didn't get the chance to meet Dave he was someone very special...

He has done so much. Like you said Joey, Rich, Brian..Dave would give up anything if it would help you out, I know he did for me several times. I am just unable to anything now...I am going to hang out in chat if you guys want to join me.

Debi

Hey joey do you have a paypal address or something so us at LVC could chip in for some flowers or something?

I'll post all that as soon as I know it. Right now, nothing is decided. His sister has asked me to help with the funeral, which of course I will gladly do. But as of this moment, I really have no information.

Article about it:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=48852

Motorcyclist dies near Route 53

Schaumburg police worked into the night Sunday trying to determine why a man crashed into a fence on a motorcycle, fatally injuring himself.

Schaumburg Police Sgt. John Nebl said the motorcycle was going south on Frontage Road, south of Golf Road, when it left the street, moving onto the east shoulder and hitting a fence along Route 53.

The driver, a man, was declared dead at the scene, Nebl said. The man's name was being withheld Sunday night while police confirmed his identity and notified his family members.

Frontage Road south of Golf Road was expected to be closed until about 9:30 p.m. Sunday while the Schaumburg Police Traffic Crash Reconstruction Team investigated.

It was not clear what caused the crash, police said. Nebl said it appeared the man's motorcycle was the only vehicle involved in the accident.

"At this time, we believe that's the only one,"Â Nebl said. "That's under investigation."

Terrible news indeed! Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family!

Wow... Teribble news.:( :(
I to met Dave a few times and was at his home. Partied in the basement...Life sure can be full of surprises.
Seem like a great guy.. Quiet like myself?
He will be missed.
Joey thanks for helping start the club so sometimes we can meet good people and have fun!!
My best wishes to his family!!

I am stunned, Dave was a good man ans a great friend I will truly miss him very much so. My deepest sympathies to his closest friends and family, my sympathies to you Joey, i know how close you guys were. We definately for those who were at the meet must remember the good times. i can say right now he will be missed very much.

my prayers are with all, God speed Dave.

I have an update. Here is what I have learned so far.

The motorcycle Dave was riding was a high performance Hayabusa, which had been modified to have even more speed capability.

Between the description given to me by Dave's girlfriend (who was riding her own bike at the time) and my own knowledge of Dave's riding ability, it looks like the bike malfunctioned and accelerated uncontrollably. Dave, unable to control the bike, ran into a chain link fence and the bike landed on top of him.

Dave was likely gone on impact or very soon thereafter, and didn't suffer.

Because of the nature of the accident it is standard to do an autopsy. I don't know how long that will take and a funeral will not be able to be arranged until after Dave is released by the county. I would guess it will be at least Wednesday before he is released, so likelihood is that the wake/funeral wont take place until Friday or Saturday. I will keep everyone advised as to the arrangements as I know them.

Thank you for your kind words. Dave was one of my very closest friends. This is just devastating and heart breaking. Dave was someone I trusted implicitly and completely and who was the best friend anyone could have. To say he will be missed doesnt do him justice. He will not only be missed, his friendship is treasured and will leave a void I will never be able to fill.

I did not write this I found it on another site, but with Dave being Irish it seemed to fit him so much.

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free!
I follow the plan God laid for me.
I saw His face, I heard His call,
I took His hand and left it all...
I could not stay another day,
To love, to laugh, to work or play;
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
And if my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss...
Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.
My life's been full, I've savoured much:
Good times, good friends, a loved-one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief—
Don't shorten yours with undue grief.
Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,
Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.

My thoughts and prayers will be with his family and to you Godfather i know what it is like to lose your best friend, i lost my best friend almost 8 years ago i wish that i could be there for everyone but i will be in spirit.

Damn, this is just........well, the worst news anyone can get. I too have had the pleasure of meeting Dave and know that he was truely one of those guys that would do anything within his power to help someone if at all possible. We have lost one truely amazing guy. My deepest and heart felt sympathies go out to his family, friends, and to you Joey.....as the two of you were very close friends. Let us know where to send the money as soon as you know for the funeral.

Damn man I have nothing to say right now, still soaking in, just glad I had a chance to spend a couple of great days with him a couple of years ago when he and Joey came out here to the house. A very cool guy. So sorry to hear this news.

Article about it:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=48852

Motorcyclist dies near Route 53

Schaumburg police worked into the night Sunday trying to determine why a man crashed into a fence on a motorcycle, fatally injuring himself.

Schaumburg Police Sgt. John Nebl said the motorcycle was going south on Frontage Road, south of Golf Road, when it left the street, moving onto the east shoulder and hitting a fence along Route 53.

The driver, a man, was declared dead at the scene, Nebl said. The man's name was being withheld Sunday night while police confirmed his identity and notified his family members.

Frontage Road south of Golf Road was expected to be closed until about 9:30 p.m. Sunday while the Schaumburg Police Traffic Crash Reconstruction Team investigated.

It was not clear what caused the crash, police said. Nebl said it appeared the man's motorcycle was the only vehicle involved in the accident.

"At this time, we believe that's the only one," Nebl said. "That's under investigation."

Jesus. I stayed not too far from there a few weeks ago for a wedding, off S. Barrington Road.

R.I.P. Dave.

That, in a word sucks.
I am very sorry to hear about this. I personally should not be here, except for God above, due to motorcycle wrecks.
He, and his, will be in my prayers!

Absolutely Heartbreaking news... Never forget haging and talkin with Dave at Geno's that time, but we really had a few laughs and some cool conversation when I picked him up at Newark Airport when he came out to my place to drive the '98 Mark VIII back to Chicago! He truly was the salt of the earth man... A soul shaped by God for sure.

My condolences to you Joey, as well as all of you folks who were very close to him.
There isn't much that can be said to assuage the sorrow...
Here is a quick set of lyrics that can help

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took His hand when I heard him call;
I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way;
I found that place at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared a laugh, a kiss;
Ah yes, these things, I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much;
Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.

Perhaps my time seems all to brief;
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wanted me now, He set me free.

This is very sad news. I didn't know him personally, but I've read his posts and learned from them.

Rest in peace Dave.

Just echoing all of your comments, this is terrible.

Dave had us all over to the house and I've seen him at some of the other meets too. He always made us laugh and I'll never forget his kindness whenever we had a Chicago area meet. I just got back from New Hampshire, this is my first oppurtunity to post. Simply heartbreaking.

Jamler that is so fitting, thank you.

Dave helped me so many times, from work, home, he had even taken off work to teach me how to do the bags on my Mark....I wouldnt be in LVC if he hadn't reached out and helped...totally a man who was all about "what can do for you" and with a smile a beautiful gleeming blue eyed grin. I knew Dave for a few years, but it only took a minute to know how truely giving and caring he was. He set an example for us all.

I talked to him for hours sometimes...he always seemed to find the bright spot, the positive note..the silver lining..never ended a conversation on a down note...he seemed to take on the responsibility of making things right..once you left his company..you just felt better.

Prayers for Krystal, his daughter, family, and his LVC family because to Dave, there was no line, LVC members were his family...for him blood didn't matter, all were his brothers and sisters...

Thanks Dave...for all you gave...and for all you continue to give.

My love and prayers to his family, friends and extended family, Dave, LVC, and most important Krystal, a woman he truely cared about. She made his eyes gleem even more.

I hate saying "was"....cause as long as I am alive a part of him will live in me but Dave, you answered my calls so many times....I will work harder, do more, make sure I pay more attention, to those calling out, cause sometimes, the part acting foul isn't the real issue...youknew those were easy fixes, it was the rest of the stuff you were there for too.

God Bless all...and never think for one second that I don't thank God for all of you....lol, I always say.."It's all about the cars", but if it werent' for the person behind the wheel...then it is all for nothing.

sorry for typos, or weird sentences, it's still just unbelievable..Gods blessings

Debi

Members online

No members online now.
Back