Replaceing the IAC Valve

KC96LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just figured I would go ahead and make a new thread for this subject. The title should pop right up with a search. Hopefully this will help someone down the road and they can use the info:

When I did mine, I was scared it was going to be a real pain. I used a 1/2" ratchet with the 1/4" adapter. What I used were two swivel connectors, one at the end of the first extension and one at the end of the second extension by the socket. It really worked very well. Took me about a 1/2 hour at the most. To put the screws back in, I used a 12 to 16 inch piece of hose that would hold the bolts. It took a little finagling, but wasn't bad at all. Hope this helps someone. I have a 96 LSC, I don't think that should matter, but it might. Good luck!

001 [640x480].JPG

002 [640x480].JPG

003 [640x480].JPG

I clicked on the link on the lvc forums page. I responded thinking it was for an LS. The IAC valve for us is very easy to change, and don't need any extensions or anything. I realized the mixup, and deleted my post, lol.

Don't remember what intake you have, but if you've got the gen1 style remove the throttle body first - gives you a lot more room!

Don't remember what intake you have, but if you've got the gen1 style remove the throttle body first - gives you a lot more room!

Actually I didn't have to, It would definitely give you more space and make it easier. All I removed was Throttle Body Tube and that was it.

I just figured I would go ahead and make a new thread for this subject. The title should pop right up with a search. Hopefully this will help someone down the road and they can use the info:

When I did mine, I was scared it was going to be a real pain. I used a 1/2" ratchet with the 1/4" adapter. What I used were two swivel connectors, one at the end of the first extension and one at the end of the second extension by the socket. It really worked very well. Took me about a 1/2 hour at the most. To put the screws back in, I used a 12 to 16 inch piece of hose that would hold the bolts. It took a little finagling, but wasn't bad at all. Hope this helps someone. I have a 96 LSC, I don't think that should matter, but it might. Good luck!

BITE ME!!! :mad::mad::mad:

6 hours and still cross threaded it! I hate it when I get the rough roads!:eek:

Glad it worked well for you.:D

Sooooooo glad I have a second gen. :lol:

Takes maybe 5 minutes if you are drunk. :D

lmfao....replaced mine in 4 min....i got ya beat.
Nice try.... unless you were really drunk. :lol:

My best time to swap one was 45 seconds but the old gasket was kinda new so came off with no scraping.

If I do one, I take the hood off. Makes it much easier and you can look straight down on it and work with more arm room. Requires someone nice enough to help with the hood though.

I did my 94 in about 5 minutes.

It's easy, once you get the transmission out first.:D

I need to disconnect the battery every 2 weeks to keep the fast idle below 2,000 rpm. cleaned the IAC many times. Whats wrong?

Members online

No members online now.
Back