Rear light problem

BradGroves

LVC Member
Reaction score
I posted about my brake light/fuse problem about a week ago. How the car would not recognize that the brake was applied and would not shift out of park. If you did not see that, the neon seemed to cause a short that blew fuse 32. I disconnected the neon under the trunklid itself, now it has come to my attention that although the brakelights work when applied the rear running lights (when headlights are on) are not lit. what could be the problem here, I assume it is because I'm leaving that neon disconnected, It would keep blowing the fuse otherwise. Do I need a new inverter and if I fix the neon, will that amend this or are the two unrelated? Thanks

Its come to my attention that disconnecting the rear neon ballast should have no effect on the rear lights. Im a novice when it comes to all things electrical, could somebody walk me through how I should approach this problem? Could it be the lighting control module? Another odd thing is the parking lights wont light on either end. On autolamp setting and headlight w/o autolamp (selector all the way right) the front headlights are on, and the rear lights are not. On the parking light selection, neither are on. Whats going on here?

Sounds like a good old headlight switch to me. Didn't leave your windows down in the rain did you?

Mine did that exact same thing, I replaced the rear Neon control box (in trunklid connected to Rear neon) I have herd people call it a ballast but im not sure. after replacing that I have had no problems. :)

Why would leaving my windows down in the rain create a problem. Where are the headlight switch and lighting control module located?

lincoln neon light repair

I had the same problem with my light,And when I was reserching ballast replacements I come across this company lincolnlightfix.com sent my light to them and the converted it to leds.

I had the same problem with my light,And when I was reserching ballast replacements I come across this company lincolnlightfix.com sent my light to them and the converted it to leds.

I looked at their website, and the picture kinda makes it look like crap....do you have any pictures of yours?

you can rip the neon off a mark VIII and it wont cause the side tail/brakes lights to not work. you dont need the neon for the other lights to work. if i was you, i would open your trunk and check the harness on the left trunk hinge, i bet that was your problem the whole time, there is a plastic shield that holds the tail light harness to the trunk hinge you need to pull back the loom and inspect the wires for any breaks in the wire harness. i bet you have a broken wire somewhere in that harness.

$519.99 thats f-ing insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it doesnt even look good i dont want my neon assembly to be striped wow!

I had a short behind the dash that made my tail/brake lights and turn signals not work. Thought I would throw that out there in case you still have not fixed this.

I had a bunch of burned out light bulbs, how bout check those first!

Ok, I have an update. It seems that one of my headlights is burning out. the left one is the blue color it should be, but the other has kind of turned purplish yellow. this has to have something to do with my other problems (no rear lamps when lights on, no parking lights) right?

Members online

No members online now.
Back