rear ended

ponytail john

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm finally able to post, was rear ended last month while waiting for the light to change. This woman driving a Chevy pickup truck must have been on her cell phone and just slammed into me. Rear is totaled along with crunched rear quarters. I didn't have collision on my 93 with 77,000 miles on her so it's all on me. I told the woman to pull into a strip mall around the corner and when I went in she kept going straight so she's gone. Stupid me didn't get her plate number when the accident happened, didn't think she'd skip on me. Now my poor car is hurt real bad, the trooper put the damage at $10,000. The car is still driveable but looks nasty. :(

Sorry to hear that, pony tail john. Man, i would be angry! This is the very reason why i don't drive much and keep a disposable camera in the glove box, just in case... Will you look for another Mark now? I hope you see that woman again... :mad:

The saddest part is that the truck only had a dent in the bumper maybe 2 feet wide and that was it, no other damage!!!!! I keep driving through Home Depot and WalMart parking lot because I know that I've seen this person before and I sure will reconize the dirty white pickup with a dent in the front chrome bumper. Had a fist full of bucks tied up in the Mark and otherwise it treated me really good, was a great car. Don't know what is in the future, maybe a 98 LSC, just holding off for the time being. Will post some pics. soon.:(

Cool, hopefully there is a very good chance of you catching this woman then. She's gonna be in big trouble... Hit and run, possibly some other stuff like no license/insurance, not to mention the possible injuries (whiplash) she caused to you! Take her to the cleaner's... :mad:

Rear992.gif

Passside.gif

Driversside.gif

wow man that drivers rear quarter is spanked hard, the pass side doesnt look terrible, i've seen much worse, but that driverside is toast. i wouldnt put a dime into that car now, not with that much buckling. with low miles though, you should be able to part that car out and have enough in your hand in the end to go purchase another mark easily. it looks like it was very clean before this, 77 k on motor and trans, that should pull about 1400 bucks, and another 600+ for the octastars, thats about 2 grand just there, not to mention you still have the whole front end, theres another grand for the nose. good luck, sucks that she ran.

Maybe said driver took off due to being tanked! Hey!.......white car is cue ball car. Man she just blasted you.......Hey where was the right foot? You had a shot for bonnafide car chase haha. My lincoln ,your chevy "could be hell of a chase" to quote the line used by the arab in the movie Gas. I would have run her down. People often travel the same places around the same time. Take a day and just sit there and watch she will most likely pass by. Nail that Chevy!

WOW that poor car,sorry for your lost.I bet that lady will try to fix her car so check local and distant body shops and if you have time and remember what time the accident was i would go back and see if she takes the same route and comb the area for the truck.hope you are ok but sometimes you dont need to be hurt but the things around you can cause the most pain,are your door jams or roof buckled if not you might want to repair it.That was a cool car.

Ponytail John,
Thats too bad ! Some people have no brains, Hope you can find the truck:confused:
Looks like you had a nice ride!! Looks like it's a gonner...:mad:

John, glad you are ok, you trusted that ( I won't say that word) to do the right thing, I agree with the Karma thing. Did you make a police report? Maybe even try fliers to body shops or in shopping centers near where it happened, it might shake the bushes enough for a decent lead.
How about an ad in local papers, maybe for eyewitnesses? And, I also have to agree, while there are millions of chevy trucks out there, chances are this person is a creature of habit and haunting the area around the same day and time might yield results-really sucks, though, some of MY parts ended up in that car.
Hate to say it, remember my blue 93 got hit by a WOMAN who thought I was invisible and turned in front of me at an intersection-you got parts from that one, maybe it was jinxed:eek: .
I ended up getting a friend (attorney) to deal with the mess (she didn't charge me at all) and I got paid. I then got my 96, which I didn't care for too much in the beginning, but now have the way I want it.
It does get better, but I am real sorry to hear about it-I know you pampered that car, hang in there, John.

Wow that sucks glad your ok.....hope you find her... there are some good ideas on trying to catch her....Try your local craigslist also post a ad and keep a eye on someone trying to sell the truck good luck and again sorry ponytail.

Florida is full of people pulling that crap.

Couple years ago we were down visiting a few friends in West Palm and got slammed into ( rent-a-car, thank goodness) and the guy just backed up and drove around us. The POS rental Chevy was not going anywhere so we just gave the data to the cops who said between elderly and illegals it happens a dozen times a day. It ended up being an elderly man with no license or insurance, who claimed he never hit anyone, even though the front of his white Buick had Chevy blue paint all over the crushed grill. We had to come back to go to back to FL and go to court as it was a felony hit and run (our friend got hurt pretty bad in back seat - broke her leg) The guy never showed in court - big surprise there.

Dam, sorry that someone got hurt. I got hit 7:30 A.M. so the woman was either still drunk or high or on her cell phone or a combination of the three. I need to sell the poor thing, only has 78,600 miles on her, still drives good, none of the suspension got hurt just the sheet metal and lights.:(

Members online

No members online now.
Back