Rear end is fish tailing??

giginfrogg

LVC Member
Reaction score
I got a slight problem with my 95 mark viii. I have the lowered suspension, from strutmasters. I also have the new rear sway bar, the heavy aftermarket one. Since putting on the sway bar when I step on the gas the rear end likes to sway side to side, at higher speeds 45 and up. Ive got new wheel bearings and all suspension parts are less than a few months old. Any ideas what could cause this issue. When going around corners the suspension kind of nestles in in sharp turns, if that makes sense.
thanks

Almost sounds like something aint right...we want pictures...

Here's the next part where someone will brain up and just start listing off parts to check

new wheels bearings in the back?
check to make sure those big axle nuts are tight. they work loose occasionally.

Ill pop the wheel off and check. Rear sway bushings settled in and I could tighten those up a little. It does feel like a loose axle nut. Thanks for the ideas folks.

Loose lug nuts. Just last year someone made the exact same thread and we all were stumped. Turned out he had forgot to tq the lugs down. :lol:

Im betting the rear sway bar is too small for the bushings you're using, get smaller bushings

I know Sappers 93 used to do it really bad too. Think we figured excessivly worn toe link compensators was the issue. I have yet to see a Mark that dont have worn ones.

swaybar

Had an Addco 11/4 bar on mine it's to large. I now have a cougar bar plus many other mods on the sispension. This car now handles like my vette. The Addco made the car oversteer very badly.

Had an Addco 11/4 bar on mine it's to large. I now have a cougar bar plus many other mods on the sispension. This car now handles like my vette. The Addco made the car oversteer very badly.
Get better tires.

Oh, I thought he was just saying he had new bearings but were not yet installed.

Fixed. It was a loose axle nut. Put some thread lock on it and done. It was loose about 3 turns. I tightened up my sway bar end links too about 1/4". Thats it.

Fixed. It was a loose axle nut. Put some thread lock on it and done. It was loose about 3 turns. I tightened up my sway bar end links too about 1/4". Thats it.

Glad you found it/fixed it.
Looks like chris2523 nailed it.
Nice of you to post up what you found, might help some other person no go smash.

Wait, did you actually put a "torque wrench" on it to "fix" it, or did you just muscle it up more with some thread loc?

Wait, did you actually put a "torque wrench" on it to "fix" it, or did you just muscle it up more with some thread loc?
Took the bolt off, thread locked the inner axle threads, and muscled the bolt on with a breaker bar lightly. I think the spec was about 30 lbs of torque.

The hub nut is a one time use item and should have been replaced with a new one. Torque for that nut is 251 lb-ft!

Really? Thought it was 221? I cant seem to find my manual CD but I am pretty sure it was that or 300.

Members online

No members online now.
Back