"Ray Switch" Now Available! Place your order here!

To you guys installing the kit.

If your car is not sensor lowered do it. It is not required, but it takes some of the strain off the pump when raising the car back up and plus it looks really cool. This is something that Ray recommended as well. Believe me, once you have the kit installed, you will be raising it and lowering all time.

Do not drive the car slammed. I dont care what people say. Its hard on the car and repairs are big $$$.

Lets see some pics of your cars after the kit is installed.

T

Update, just got the switch installed, it took me 2 hours but thats because I didn't actually have a crimping tool, and ended up having to hard wire a couple wires instead of using the provided spades. It looks awesome, I'm gonna get it all put back together and head out to the local park and get some pictures.

Ok, got some pics. The car is dirty, I just got home from vacation yesterday and the switch was here waiting for me.

First are at normal height.
2509050125_6083d9b79b.jpg

2509876504_2d37fac3e4.jpg

2509044791_fee1d621ea.jpg

2509875512_34c1fd2fd8.jpg

2509053013_3da833a80a.jpg

2509885982_3e8c6a9ac3.jpg

2509882070_05359e552b.jpg

And dropped.
2509058473_d17af447ef.jpg

2509884074_538e7dc06c.jpg

2509049073_6a97eded5e.jpg

2509042655_cc32b07450.jpg

2509890890_5c09ed9acb.jpg

2509051193_4644ecbbd9.jpg

2509043571_2abded3bf0.jpg

2509889772_5b399312d8.jpg

2509047801_1da9155c8e.jpg

Muahahahahahahaha!

I've done it! I've created a monster! :gr_devil: :headbang:

Ok, so I recreated it, but it looks good man, real good!

Thanks, I love it. I don't know how you or Ray ever got this thing made. Electrical stuff confuses the crap out of me.

Oh by the way, the colors of my wires ended up all being the same as in your directions. Mines a 98.

looks good jbird, good follow through 96, ill shoot you some diag's for a 97 conti.
*edit* ok well i cant attach photos in pm's so heres the diagrams

97 conti air susp 1.gif

97 conti air susp 2.gif

97 conti air susp 3.gif

97 conti air susp 4.gif

97 conti air susp 5.gif

I would like to purchase one of these kits, where do i send the money?

Thanks.

Send 96hotrodlsc a pm and he will give you payment info

It's 96hotrodlincoln, thank you very much. I'm the one making these kits, I've been pretty slow getting these out so far because it's been a busy two months for me. I've been working on a couple here recently, not far from having them finished. So hang in there guys, they're coming, I promise.

dont know if this has been asked or not, but can the ray's sswitched be used on a mark vii? and if so, can it be used to lower itself after an alarm has been set? down here we have alil problem of wrecker driver picking up cars for their thieving friends. just trying to make it alil more difficult to just roll in a winch a car up.

dont know if this has been asked or not, but can the ray's sswitched be used on a mark vii? and if so, can it be used to lower itself after an alarm has been set? down here we have alil problem of wrecker driver picking up cars for their thieving friends. just trying to make it alil more difficult to just roll in a winch a car up.

Well, I can honestly say for sure, I suppose it would work but I would need to see some info regarding the air suspension on the Mark VII's. Probably need a wiring diagram of the suspension to know for sure how it would have to be wired up.

If anyone has this information and could provide me with it, I'd be more than happy to look into it for you.

Somewhere I read that Ray's Brother was having a problem with dropping the rear. The nose would drop easy.

It was suggested that the switch had to be hit again for the rear but to no avail to Ray's Brother.

With that said he is my point. Can the car be just nosed down?

I did read where you said "Slammed or Raised".

I happen to like the rake look. I have a leak in the RF strut right now. New ones are on the way from American Air.

Here what she looks like after about 40min of sitting.

NoseDrop8.gif

NoseDrop6.gif

NoseDrop4.gif

you got one hell of a leak, yes it could be wired to just drop the nose, but it would take some adjusting to get it to not completely slam the nose on the ground.

you got one hell of a leak

Yes I do. My fault too. Not thinking I put a wrench on the center stud on the strut on RF when I was changing the Upper control arm.

Don't do that!

I talked to Eddie at American Air about it and he suggested I pull it off and see if I can match up the outter most "O" ring and see if it will seal, but said if it's the lower "O" ring, then good luck with that.

So I just decided to replace them, as I've replaced everything else under the front end already.

Thank You. I'm trying to get her in shape. Mines a '98.

Mine will not stay looking like that all Pearl White. I kinda have a theme going with my stuff.

I like Black, but in Florida they just get Sooooo hot in the summer. So I do the sides in Black and the upper surfaces in White.

It started with my Custom Mako I built.
http://www.classicmako.com/projects/xshark/

So then I wanted my '94 F-150 to match.

Before: [Don't really have any good pix's from before]

Boatshep1.jpg

TruckPlate002-1.jpg

After:

P7131231.jpg

P7131233.jpg

100_0037.jpg

So I'm figuring on painting the Lincoln to match.

I didn't mean to derail the thread.

Email is warthog521@cox.net to make a order please. :)

I can't find the other thread, but whatever happened to the mounting situation for the switch, I tried looking but it seems to me that the best place I can think of would be the ash tray. Gen 2

can you post a parts list and scamatic for us DIY types that like to build our own stuff?

I understand you wanting to build it yourself, I too approached Ray with this back when I ordered my switch. Ray insisted on building it for me, I respected that because it was his design. He had spent his time designing the switches to make them work well for their application. I too spent my time reverse engineering and redesigning a switch after Ray's passing. I don't plan on posting the schematics but do some research, if you're familiar with automotive electrical systems and have a good grasp on how our suspension systems work, you should be able to build your own.

Here you can do some reading on how our suspensions work. There are some schematics on this page that are similar to the "Ray Switch" that a person could build from. There are also pinouts for the Suspension Control Module connectors.

I won't just give it to you, do your research and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

i was just trying to take the easy route, lol. looks pretty simple. just need the bag and vent noids to stay open for it to vent. it looks like you can just use a monetary and hold it untill its vented if you really wanted to cheap out. actually, i might try that if i have time this weekend and see how that works.

Please pm me your paypal and the turn around time on one of these kits.

Members online

No members online now.
Back