***R.I.P. Lilly***

LincolnLife

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Jacksonville-FL, Charlotte-NC, Lynchburg-VA
I think the insurance company will total her out. Traffic came to a stop, the guy in front of me changed lanes and there was nothing to do but hold on for the ride. I looked under her and it looks like the frame is bent so either way she will never be the same.

So in memory of Lilly, post the photos of your Wrecked or Mint Lincoln!!

IMG00037.jpg

IMG00038.jpg

IMG00039.jpg

Ouch, Glad to hear you are ok though. In the pics it doesnt look bad, just a little pull here and new sheet metal.

That sucks, LL - sorry to hear that. Are you going to buy it back from the insurance to part out? What will you buy next? Another Mark VIII?

Man that bites. The important thing is that you're ok, cars can be replaced, you can't. Hope you're able to buy it back from the insurance company and at least make some money on her. Good luck.

As long as you are ok that is all that matters...

I'm sure if you can buy it back your fellow forum members will help you recoup your losses financially as much as possible.

Glad you are alright. If you are looking to replace your Mark, my parents friends have a 95, same color base model sitting in their driveway. It starts and runs great, needs a little TLC on the inside but the outside is freshly painted a little under 2 years ago. The front is slammed down and won't air back up, I haven't taken any time to look into the problem tho. I'm sure they will let it go for $1500 or less, although I told them it was worth $1000 with the bags not inflating like that. It's in Illinois, near Chicago, but it's a start if you are looking.

I'll try and get some pics this week up here because I know they want to sell the car since it's doing nothing but sitting there. I think it has 79k miles on it if I'm not mistaken.

buy it back from the insurance and i'll buy it whole! not what you want to hear im sure sorry!
its totalled, for those who think it might be fixable, no insurance company on earth will fix it, that car is done. my buddy joe just crashed his mark with 79k on it the car was drop dead gorgeous he hit someone similar to that but not as smashed, the only difference was the force of the air inside the car blew the rear window out, they didnt even think twice they totalled it instantly. if there is any structural damage under that hood its all done.
accidents suck light or hard it doesnt matter, damage is damage, sorry to see this happend to your car, i'm sure whatever you end up with next will make you just as happy. good luck on the outcome.
so in memory of lilly, like you asked, here was my boo boo!!
smashed001.jpg

smashed004.jpg

Since none were mentioned, I assume there were no injuries. That's what truly counts. But I do feel your pain with your Mark. Let's hope you get another you like even more. Gary in Elmira, NY.

I feel for you I vote fix it
I cant post pics of mine It hurt to much to take pics at the time
but mine was just as bad had to go to the frame and paint shops now I love her (Diana) even more

LL Jamie is right no one will fix it, just from seeing the pic, she is bent to bad, the subframe i bent down where it contacts the body. We at LVC will help you find a duplicate concentrate on a buy back. Good luck and God Speed my friend

what no one will fix it your on crack
they have these things called frame racks
it only cost me $1000 to get my frame fixed

what no one will fix it your on crack
they have these things called frame racks
it only cost me $1000 to get my frame fixed

Up here it gets fixed.
In FL it gets replaced.
You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Mark in FL.

Man Glad your ok, that looks pretty serious but your ok. Where was this? In jacksonville or on your way to the other places?

Sorry Slow your dreamin if you think that can be pulled for $1000, I have been doin this 30+ years and had 25-30 cars pulled and if you could get that one done for under $3000 it would amaze me.

alot of you forget that almost all the parts on the car are obsolete, by the time you find the parts and pay for them and have it fixed, you could easily find another mark. trust me, it isnt a florida thing, ,its a common sense thing, that car is not worth fixing, great parts car, thats all. its got too much damage ive been around these cars for the last 10 years dealing with them in all kinds of different shapes, the only person who is gonna fix that car is someone who has a lot of money and alot more time who doesnt mind fixing it, but an insurance company isnt going to think twice, thats a write off there.

There's 2K in headlights and air bag deployment damage...not to mention what damage the air bags did to the interior of the car.

tailgating.... is bad.

Members online

Back