Question about p0453 on 01 LS V8

Lincoln LS

1. AmsterDutch

AmsterDutch Dedicated LVC Member

I agree you might be surprised how much of a gap is inbetween the jet pump

2. DaleGrib

DaleGrib Well-Known LVC Member

I am having the guy that fixed the fuel leak take a look at it this morning he said he would cut an access panel for me if that is what I wanted to do. He wants to see if some way he can access it without doing any cutting but said he can make me a panel to access it if that is really needed. I might just get him to cut that access panel and when I get back to NC I can change out that sensor. These guys do body work and frame repair so I would trust them to cut a panel for me. And to have an access panel that gives access to that side would not be such a bad thing anyway if any other of the other parts take a crap it would be good not to have to drop the tank. And they should have made access to this crap to begin with since they put it where they did.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  3. DaleGrib

I also called the stealership today about this repair and now I remember why I hate them clowns so much.... They would not even give me a price on changing the sensor. They said they didn't have to either! What a freaking joke that dealership is. I believe I will file a complaint with Ford... I know it won't do much good but figured why not at this point. I have never been able to get any of them people to be even somewhat respectable or reasonable.

4. AmsterDutch

AmsterDutch Dedicated LVC Member

They probably lack the knowledge to even know where it is in a Lincoln LS ...lazy ppl in this world

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • DaleGrib

No I am sure they know where it is located. I am in the mindset they won't give me a ballpark figure so they can charge more some how in the end. I never have trusted that place at all...

• mkc

mkc LVC Member

I feel your pain. If it helps with the decision, I paid $480 plus tax this past summer to have my '02 smoked, the tank dropped, and some leaks at the molded-in bits repaired by my local Ford dealer here in ETN.

• Like Like x 1
      • DaleGrib

Yes that helps quite a bit one ford place wanted $750 in labor! Thanks

• mkc

mkc LVC Member

Dang!

Let me know if you want more details - I still have the service printout. East TN Ford in Crossville is the dealer I used.

• Like Like x 1
        • 04_Sport_LS

04_Sport_LS Dedicated LVC Member

Or maybe you could find some circular plastic bung style plugs that press in by hand... that are commonly used in automotive applications. You could even seal them with a little rtv.