Possible Twin-Screw Blower Deal.

Would be interested in a blower kit for the 4V Mark

• Yes: I am interested right now.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Yes: I am interested but not in the immediate future.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks Kbob. Very nice looking ride!

I would go for the Gen 1 hood with the bubble and two ports as well. Too bad someone doesn't just make a mold and sell them.

Kbob said:
vbgarage.php

Dave...you've seen my car now....that Cobra R hood would look exactly like straydog's, huh? Our cars are almost clones(except his chrome is blacked out). Same 20 spokes and all...Man I want that hood.

BTW, did you like the ride in my car? if so...PIPE UP!!! Share with these folks, so they know, from a true witness!

I am interested right now. I am buying a second 1 st gen, and a T56 is sitting in the garage to go behind it.

Dude-more coffee!

Well, well, Mr Ice. I think there is some soap missing somewhere, because you are standing on the box:).

But I agree. Hell, without inovators, we would still be beating our clothes on a rock to get them clean. Or using cell phone the size of bricks. Or, as in my case, using slide rules in college for calculus rather than nifty little electric calculators.

And for you guys that think that I am old, it wasn't that long ago that calculators became cheap enough to own. Well, actually, it was sometime when dinasours stopped roaming the earth, but, heck, that wasn't THAT long ago, was it?

But seriously (sorry, I don't think I really can be) I would settle for the hood on Geno's car. He should just let someone make a mold, and sell the damn things, and all would be well. I think the two ports are just plain cool looking, especially if it allows me to get the front wheels off the ground on lift off.

The cobra hoods are alright, but the square stuff breaks up all the round stuff on the car. I could live with the hump if the two ports would work. Or even a nice wide but low slot that doesn't break up the lines too much for the extra air.

But before I forget, send me my list of stuff I need for the first phase of mods on my 96. It is pitching a fit with me because it wants extra stuff to go faster and jump higher (ok, that ages me-that was the old Keds commercial).

But thanks for the fun dialogue. It always keeps me entertained. It assures me that there are other crazies who love this car as much as I do-enough to even argue. That is love, dudes. Scary, but true.

Dave

Mr. Ice! Sorry I have been gone.

Law school has been eating away at my time and life, and also from my Mark.

I had the luxury of taking a ride in his car, and the tranny is perfect, the suspension tight, and the sound just right. His car is really nice, and that is why he is getting my 96 with only 43k original miles to work on. I want mine to run like that.

I understand the Cobra hood would be different, and I could live with the Cobra mod. But more fundamental to the hood, what are the steps to accomodate the 4.6 for a blower. I mean, you just don't attach it and drive away. Could you give a little primer to folks like me who spend all their time in school, and don'k know which way to turn the wrench (hey, at least I am honest about it) on what is involved, and how much to have done (assuming someone else does it) That would be most appreciated.

And as soon as I get a few minutes to put some wax on my ride, I will post some pics. It really is in perfect shape, and I would get another if I had the chance.

Keep up the good work, Mr. Ice. Your ride gave me inspiration to make sure Mr. Ford understands that there are changes that need to be made to his car, and these changes will be good! And send me that LIST of stuff needed for stage one mods-tranny, chip, ingition, mufflers, etc.

Be good and talk to you all after finals!

Dave

Where can I obtain a hood like that?

ONEBADMK8 said:
No and it will NOT on a Gen 1, a Gen 2 would fit an eaton because that was Ford's intention, hence the "bubble".

On a Gen 1 you have to do this:

tascahood3.jpg

Note above the bubble and then the relief in the center and the notch at the rear of the underhood. Also if you could see behind the blower the black cowl area is trimmed to.

tascahood4.jpg

would love to do after summer

MonsterMark said:
Dear '93-'98 Lincoln Mark VIII Owners:

I talked to Jim Reichard at www.reichardracing.com today about a blower kit that would work with the Eaton, KenneBell and Whipple blowers in the 2.4 displacement arena. You can buy his kit and the blower of your choice to make it work. There may or may not be hood clearance issues on the 1st Gens. Too early to tell. Looks like the 2nd Gen guys should be in the clear, pardon the pun.

In our conversation I mentioned he may have a decent sized market for his product with us Lincoln owners. I mentioned the 'curve' I see coming where more and more of these cars will be modded as there are many 'younger' individuals now coming into ownership who have a desire for increased performance.

Coupled with the fact that these cars are so incredibly cheap for what you get right now, the Mark provides a fantastic opportunity to make our slogan "Class, Style and Attitude" that much more appropriate. Of course, we will have to add the word "Performance" to the title.
icon12.gif

Please vote in the poll if you are interested now or at a later time and then make a comment in the thread so we can follow who may be interested.

I will work with Jim to get us a group purchase discount if this project comes to fruition. He has to tackle a couple issues regarding the pulley and bracket mounting, as well as the IMRC deletes and new lower intake. Keep in mind, there are many cheap Eatons out there as the Stang crowd upgrades so getting an extra 150-200 ponies and the low end grunt we desperately need may be just around the corner.
icon10.gif

So speak up so I know where we, as the Lincoln Community of Mark VIII owners, stands.

Thank You,
I am very interested in this deal myself as to why I bought my 2nd MK8 for a engine toi start working on this fall. I can see a 9 INCH COWL IN THE FUTURE J Butler

Possible Twin-Screw Blower Deal
:bsflag: :bsflag: :bsflag:
is there any new info or is this just "were can I get that hood" X 100
WTF lets get back to the Twin-Screw Blower Deal :soapbox: :thread: :soapbox:

I would love to do it now!!! Someone show me a way to put an 03-04 Cobra Eaton on my Gen 1 and I'll do it. All my fears are gone about it and I just want to "Git-Er-Done". If everyone's scared to tackle this or if the profit margin is high enough, I'll just get a Vortech and be happy!! But I, for one, am ready to get blown...even if it means having the Mad Max look.

Twins

StraDog said:
MAKE it fit..... if not. ummmm. Don't get it !

:Beer

And I know your the one who is all about keeping the SMOOTH, elegant lines, so this probably wouldn't be the best thing for ya. :N

:joke
Twin-screw...I'm a twin, sounds like a good idea. Planned on this addition, but needs to be budgeted in, currently in process. Keep the info coming. New hood & the performance to back it up....nice. Thanks, Ed :I

dertyclown said:
this is neaver going to happon

Even if it doesn't happen, at least somebody is trying. Whereas you are just sitting there bitching about how it's not going to happen. Are you working on engineering a blower setup for our cars?

sorry Im not the one who started this and got 36 people to say yes and has not given any info about any thing. so I say forget it some thing happend and the deal is not going to happen.

dertyclown said:
sorry Im not the one who started this and got 36 people to say yes and has not given any info about any thing. so I say forget it some thing happend and the deal is not going to happen.
I have been working hard to make this happen. I have not been interested in putting out every little detail because people would be going crazy as some of you are now.

Here's the problem so everybody understands. There are several parties working on this project. One individual I talked to today has indicated that their attempt to 'modify' existing manifolds to work with screw compressors has not panned out. The other groups are still working on it. One problem that has developed is that if there appears that there might be several companies introducing the same solution, one or two companies might back out for fear of too many suppliers chasing too few customers. I have identified 52 owners that appear to be ready to plunk down deposit money to make this happen. When the products get to prototype stage, then deposits will be requested.

So the problem is, the more this gets talked about, the more interest there is but also, from a vendors viewpoint, the more players and more risk as the ability to make a return on investment dwindles with more players entering into a finite market. If you are looking to bolt on a blower today or even next month, I would say move on and get yourself a Vortech or Paxton. If your looking to put on a screw or turbo, I'd hang in there. This will happen. There is lots of talk about how this engine group has been ignored and people are starting to pay attention.

Hope this helps. Best i can do at this point without shooting ourselves in the foot by chasing off a vendor or two.

Take care.

Bryan, Very well said. New things take time and money "tryal and error"
I have not made any decissions yet, but am following your updates Bryan thank you. :I :W

KB twin screw

How about someone put together a package (for the Mark VIII engine) with KB 1.7 blower, KB cobra 96-98 open house manifold, and optional water injection boost cooling (snow or another kit). Without the boost cooler, you could get 375 - 400 HP (6-8 PSI). With the boost cooler you could go 9-14 psi (up to 475-500 HP maybe?). Throw in injectors, MAF, upgraded fuel pump, and the chip and/or dyno tune, and you have a nice twin screw package with off-the-shelf, currently available parts. And you don't have to fabricate a manifold as the 1.7 bolts right on.

I'd be interested.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/57tbird

Mike McNamee

Also, here's another option for a twin screw intake

Go to Sullivan Performance products,

http://www.sullivanperformance.com/index.htm

and click the "Tell us what you want" link on the left hand side of the page (near the bottom). Click the "4.6L B heads" engine option. Then the "positive displacement blower option" Then pick the 2.2L KB blower.

They are getting ready to make a positive displacement blower intake for the 5.4L DOHC, and I'd like them to make the next one for 96-98 cobras and 93-98 Mark VIIIs. If enough people ask for it, they will make one, so spread the word.

Members online

No members online now.
Back