Possible Twin-Screw Blower Deal.

Would be interested in a blower kit for the 4V Mark

• Yes: I am interested right now.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Yes: I am interested but not in the immediate future.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Dear '93-'98 Lincoln Mark VIII Owners:

I talked to Jim Reichard at www.reichardracing.com today about a blower kit that would work with the Eaton, KenneBell and Whipple blowers in the 2.4 displacement arena. You can buy his kit and the blower of your choice to make it work. There may or may not be hood clearance issues on the 1st Gens. Too early to tell. Looks like the 2nd Gen guys should be in the clear, pardon the pun.

In our conversation I mentioned he may have a decent sized market for his product with us Lincoln owners. I mentioned the 'curve' I see coming where more and more of these cars will be modded as there are many 'younger' individuals now coming into ownership who have a desire for increased performance.

Coupled with the fact that these cars are so incredibly cheap for what you get right now, the Mark provides a fantastic opportunity to make our slogan "Class, Style and Attitude" that much more appropriate. Of course, we will have to add the word "Performance" to the title.
icon12.gif

Please vote in the poll if you are interested now or at a later time and then make a comment in the thread so we can follow who may be interested.

I will work with Jim to get us a group purchase discount if this project comes to fruition. He has to tackle a couple issues regarding the pulley and bracket mounting, as well as the IMRC deletes and new lower intake. Keep in mind, there are many cheap Eatons out there as the Stang crowd upgrades so getting an extra 150-200 ponies and the low end grunt we desperately need may be just around the corner.
icon10.gif

So speak up so I know where we, as the Lincoln Community of Mark VIII owners, stands.

Thank You,

Of course I'm interested, but I'm committed to so much now it would not be immediately.

This is somthing I would get as lond as there were no Gen @ clearince problems at all. I really don't have the time to be cuting and making stuff right now, so if this kit worked just fine then I would pick one up in a hart beat! :yourock:

dertyclown said:
This is somthing I would get as lond as there were no Gen @ clearince problems at all. I really don't have the time to be cuting and making stuff right now, so if this kit worked just fine then I would pick one up in a hart beat! :yourock:

i'm in....i have been thinking bout a nitrous set up,but would love a blower!!!! :Beer

It would be nice to stay with our stock MAF and injectors (throttle body?) but I think the 24's might be a tad too small. Maybe. At this point, I think all we need is a fuel pump and an AFR. Add a chip tuned to the blower and you might be all set. We are talking 6, maybe 8 pounds of boost using our stock rods and pistons. Enough to make this a 'fun' street car. It certainly won't be a strip monster unless you want to do the bottom end. It's definitely worthwhile exploring so we'll see where this leads us.

MonsterMark said:
It certainly won't be a strip monster unless you want to do the bottom end. It's definitely worthwhile exploring so we'll see where this leads us.

A 4000 lb luxury coupe pullin' 12's wouldn't be a monster? :shifty:

Wanna Laugh. .. I've got a 4000+ T-Bird SC with a puny v6 & a Big Ol'Whipple running 11's. Come March when E-Town opens, I'll hoping to squirt it into the 10's. First gotta get the balls to put the juice in & chance blowing it to kindom come! .... But the joke will be if I can do it with the AC on! :steering

Back to the Mark's. For some reason or another, I though there was something designed for our cars to make a KB fit right in. .... Isn't this charted waters? I figured with this mod motor, it wouldn't be that difficult at all to turn 500+rwhp. I say that knowing damn well that it means money & a couple days under the hood. But, if you got cash & some time, I didn't think it'd be that difficult...

Anthony

100_0284.JPG

100_0279.JPG

I'm down for a twin screw- better than the Vortech I was planning on in the Fall...

I imagine Jim would be making a custom intake manifold.

I don't see the need for the deletes, just have him make a manifold similar to the 03-04 cobra lower intake with B-style ports, maybe modify the stock ford manifold ??? If you keep the IMRC (deleted or not), the space between them is not enough even for a small 4.5x4.5x10 spearco core.

You have to keep in mind that this setup HAS to be intercooled, otherwise it doesn't make much sense, especially when you can have the KB non-intercooled kit for around $3-4k.

Stock injectors will not be sufficient. Stock fuel pump will have to be replaced.

If the kit was supposed to utilize either cobra eaton or other 03-04 cobra specific blower (KB, Whipple), he will have to add a second belt system, preferably 8 rib. Otherwise you would have to change the blower snout to place the pulley in line with the stock system.

If he desiges an intake with intercooled and secondary belt system for around $2k, I'm in.

I am interested as well, but it's hard to say how soon........(not very)......that is unless those lucky #'s finally come in.

Q about this: Am i right to assume that this setup would bolt on and be optimal (after the chip) without any other engine mods?

Yep. I think we can keep everything. May need a couple things like intake tube, fuel pump, etc. If you stay focused on a nice safe street setup, it should work great.

MonsterMark said:
Yep. I think we can keep everything. May need a couple things like intake tube, fuel pump, etc. If you stay focused on a nice safe street setup, it should work great.

cool!!!!i am replacing fuel pump anyway,injectors and a new chip,sounds good,what do you think the total cost would be? est.with all parts,injectors,pump,intercooler? :Beer

No idea at this point. He just started the project and just tore down the engine to see what he is dealing with. As I know, you'll know.

You can adapt the KB kits onto the Marks with ease. Why make a whole new kit for? I have my twin screw supercharged Mark so I am not real game but Im just saying. Plus I could always yank my intake and have it copied.

ONEBADMK8 said:
You can adapt the KB kits onto the Marks with ease. Why make a whole new kit for? I have my twin screw supercharged Mark so I am not real game but Im just saying. Plus I could always yank my intake and have it copied.

geno, would you be able to burn a chip for the blower set up?what am i thinking, of course you can,i am thinking bout selling my reinhart diablo chip and (not a great tune) to a lms chip. crap i'm stealing this thread.......i'll start a new one :N

ONEBADMK8 said:
ya but does it fit under the stock hood?

Awesome idea, Geno. I actually would like to do this is in the FUTURE, so how much would you ask for a copy of your intake manifold, if I did perhaps consider it in the future. I love the style and performance of twin screw SC's. I also have this damn hood providing all kinds of space, for absolutely nothing... KB would definently be my choice, I also heard they have a intercooled twin screw coming out soon if not out already.

Keep us posted on more info, Bryan...... I definently am of interest. I could already hear that damn SC whining !

Psh... I wish !

dertyclown said:
ya but does it fit under the stock hood?

MAKE it fit..... if not. ummmm. Don't get it !

:Beer

And I know your the one who is all about keeping the SMOOTH, elegant lines, so this probably wouldn't be the best thing for ya. :N

:joke

ONEBADMK8 said:
The only thing I have seen is the 1.5 KenneBell for $3700 and no innercooler.

If you have an idea, I'm game and listening.

StraDog said:
MAKE it fit..... if not. ummmm. Don't get it !

And I know your the one who is all about keeping the SMOOTH, elegant lines, so this probably wouldn't be the best thing for ya. :N

:joke
Ok ya I love the lines bot Im all go and fucc show I have no problem cutting a hole in the hood and it looking like sh it but going fast. Besides a bid a$$ hole would look better than most hoods Il seen. so I would just like to keep this car looking stock I have goten it to street racing and like that small edg that a sleaper has.

dertyclown said:
Ok ya I love the lines bot Im all go and fucc show I have no problem cutting a hole in the hood and it looking like sh it but going fast. Besides a bid a$$ hole would look better than most hoods Il seen. so I would just like to keep this car looking stock I have goten it to street racing and like that small edg that a sleaper has.

Well after "trying" to read your reply, I understand your point about wanting to keep it looking stock and have a "Sleeper" effect. No problem with that. But when putting a twin screw style SC on a Mark8, your going to have to make room for it somehow and shimming the K-member or trying to scavenge room just aint going to cut it. You'll find more work in doing that then actually putting a new, stylish hood, that is FULLY functional and actually benefitting the SC.

Just my .02 . And this is also my opinion, so don't take it personal.

Hell, I have the tranny to handle 400+ ponies now, so why not?

I would be very interested. Not now, but eventually. of course, as soon as someone finds me a cowl hood(would have to be first, of course, if clearance was infact a gen 1 issue)

I would love to pull up to a light, and have my "Luxury" car whine like a swarm of bees in a blender!

what im saying is if it fits grate Ill take it. if not then Ill fing somthing eals. there are outher ways of making big power and keeping cool. the hoods look like sh it if any thing I would get somthing made that looked better. hell A big ass hole would look better than that Funny looking hood. it is somthing I would expect from a honda, but not on a lincoln that is just BS

Members online

No members online now.
Back