Poll: Which placement of this 'v-8' chrome emblem do you like?

placement of the V8 emblem

• Total voters
Then your LS is slow. I looked it up and the 2011-2013 Sonata 0-60 times for those cars is 6.5-my gen 2 is 6.4 and there's no way you're going to pass me past 60 with front wheel drive and when your turbo runs out of steam and your lack of torque is exposed. You don't even know what motor you have-it's an inline 4 not a v-4. Just saying

2013 sonata 2.0t is 0-60 I'm 5.8. Way quicker than the ls

I don't like 'debaged' cars and I don't like black wheels. This is a trend I've seen in the last 5 years and I just don't care for either look. I want to stand out, not blend into the crowd. I picked up a 2004 Mercedes s430 today with black AMG wheels that are just plain UGLY and I can't wait to get those wheels off of the car

And by your reply I'm guess you read nothing of what I posted. It was all about how I like the ls more than the sonata. Not sure why u got all defensive but that's ok. To each their own. I didn't buy a sonata for the luxury as I stated. I bought it for the mpg and the power.

2013 sonata 2.0t is 0-60 I'm 5.8. Way quicker than the ls
Professionally driven in a controlled environment with hot tires, you get the enhanced, 'magazine test track edition' hand delivered by Hyundai to the testers at 5.8. An average driver is NOT going to get that time with FWD and traction control off. If the pro;s tested 5.8 then the average guy is going to be at 6.1-6.3 It's still a $ 30,000.00 FWD Hyundai and if that's what it takes to outrun my $ 5,000.00 LS, have at it. You're still driving a Hyundai

"But with the Sonata’s character hardly affected, much less transformed, by the addition of boost, those who think Evo and STI (or at least 2005-2009 Legacy GT) when they hear “274-horsepower turbocharged four” are bound to be disappointed. The Sonata 2.0T simply wasn’t developed with enthusiasts in mind, likely because there just aren’t that many of them. It was developed to compete head on with the V6-powered Camcord crowd. And that’s what it does. Expect the Sonata 2.0T to be in short supply for the same reasons the 2.4 has been. It delivers what the mainstream buyer wants, just a little more quickly."

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/11/review-hyundai-sonata-turbo/

And by your reply I'm guess you read nothing of what I posted. It was all about how I like the ls more than the sonata. Not sure why u got all defensive but that's ok. To each their own. I didn't buy a sonata for the luxury as I stated. I bought it for the mpg and the power.

SOrry, no offence and I didn't mean to be a prick. I'm an old car guy who's been in the car business for more than 25 years. I think I have some prejudice towards todays 4 cyl computer controlled turbos. It's my issue, I'm an old V-8 guy and all 4 of my cars are v-8s. The SOnata is a nice car, just not my cup of tea. Enjoy

Maybe I'll put a racing stripe on it...it should go faster then

We're talkin' about an EMBLEM, right?...a few inches of PLASTIC, right?

So if you're laboring and doing mental gymnastics over the placement of a piece of plastic on your car, I'd hate to think how long it would take you on the BIG decisions in life :)

As a last resort, you can go, "Eenie, meenie, miney mo..." :) Or maybe approach it like pin the tail on the donkey and even surprise y/self :)
I will tune in once the final decision is made though. I mean, after all...inquiring minds wanna know! lol

PS: I'm with ya on the no black wheels point of view, so let's agree to disagree, and not be disagreeable in the process. Hey, it's all in fun.

Yeah, I'm getting there. I like the subtlety of the lower rocker panel placement ( the last pic)

SOrry, no offence and I didn't mean to be a prick. I'm an old car guy who's been in the car business for more than 25 years. I think I have some prejudice towards todays 4 cyl computer controlled turbos. It's my issue, I'm an old V-8 guy and all 4 of my cars are v-8s. The SOnata is a nice car, just not my cup of tea. Enjoy

V8s aren't computer controlled?? The most power dense production engine in the world (horsepower/liter) happens to be a 4 cylinder....
Judging an engine off the number of cylinders is idiotic.

I don't like 'debaged' cars and I don't like black wheels. This is a trend I've seen in the last 5 years and I just don't care for either look. I want to stand out, not blend into the crowd. I picked up a 2004 Mercedes s430 today with black AMG wheels that are just plain UGLY and I can't wait to get those wheels off of the car

At least we can agree on something, I don't like black wheels either!

About debadging cars being a new thing, I've done around 30 cars over the last 15 years. I just don't get why anyone would want $10-20 of cheap plastic to decorate their car. It's a car, not a Christmas tree. It's like putting walmart costume jewelry on Marilyn Monroe. She's a classy whore that deserves better.

Professionally driven in a controlled environment with hot tires, you get the enhanced, 'magazine test track edition' hand delivered by Hyundai to the testers at 5.8. An average driver is NOT going to get that time with FWD and traction control off. If the pro;s tested 5.8 then the average guy is going to be at 6.1-6.3 It's still a $ 30,000.00 FWD Hyundai and if that's what it takes to outrun my $ 5,000.00 LS, have at it. You're still driving a Hyundai

"But with the Sonata’s character hardly affected, much less transformed, by the addition of boost, those who think Evo and STI (or at least 2005-2009 Legacy GT) when they hear “274-horsepower turbocharged four” are bound to be disappointed. The Sonata 2.0T simply wasn’t developed with enthusiasts in mind, likely because there just aren’t that many of them. It was developed to compete head on with the V6-powered Camcord crowd. And that’s what it does. Expect the Sonata 2.0T to be in short supply for the same reasons the 2.4 has been. It delivers what the mainstream buyer wants, just a little more quickly."

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/11/review-hyundai-sonata-turbo/

I'm not going to argue with you because your arguments are ridiculous. I will say this tho - of course it is in an optimal environment when they test 0-60s, you think the LS was tested in the snow? or rain? Obviously not. Maybe the regular driver gets 0-60 in 6.0 but do you think the LS tested slower than what it is? If not then it is too slower then its original 0-60 posted as well.

Secondly, you're saying that a 30,000 car should be able to outrun a $5,000 car? the LS brand new was well over 40k and I bought the sonata brand new out the door for 22,700. In 7 years it will too be worth around $5,000 and outrun some cars that are brand new in the 40s - its how it works.

Lastly, saying that a car wasn't developed with enthusiasts in mind is also ill informed. The car's aftermarket is ridiculous. You could easily gain about 50+ hp at the wheels with less than $1,000. And there are tons of them on the road.

I am a v8 guy as well, but to stand so firmly against change is too close minded. v8s are becoming ghosts of the past. You won't see many anymore because you can accomplish what a v8 does with a 6 turbo'd or supercharged that is cheaper and more fuel efficient.

At least we can agree on something, I don't like black wheels either!

About debadging cars being a new thing, I've done around 30 cars over the last 15 years. I just don't get why anyone would want $10-20 of cheap plastic to decorate their car. It's a car, not a Christmas tree. It's like putting walmart costume jewelry on Marilyn Monroe. She's a classy whore that deserves better.
I normally don't like black rims as well, but man I tell ya, a black CTS-V with the optional black rims looks pretty mean, but after that I'm done, Id'e rather just keep things factory.

I like dark rims on light cars. Loved Mlara's barcelonas when they were black!

(Sigh) the future of cars really scares me! Sooner than later our cars will become less fun as more people stop caring about car, it won't be like today where we can relive the glory of 50's and 60's cars because the good modern cars are too computerized and just won't last decade after decade and they will cost too much as the technology becomes obsolete. They have even began today, back on the early 2000's if you had asked me what Cadillacs I would own, I would say all of them, but today my answer is totally different, I think there are only 2 worth owning, the CTS/CTS-V sport and the ATS. Don't even get me started on how Cadillac has completely ignored their long time cost omers by ending production of great cars that sold extremely well and there was absolutely no need to send them off to try and appeal to Mercedes and BMW owners, WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH AN AMERICAN CAR APPEALING TO AMERICANS? Errrrg it pisses me off so much!!! Like a buddy of mine said about the DTS, leave it to GM to finally get something right and then stop making it, now I'm a huge GM guy but that's exactly true! Sorry guys I'm getting ahead of myself. LOL

The issue with cars now is that gas costs are rising and exceeding consumer needs. Before you could afford the v8 or gas guzzler and not care when gas was $1 a gallon. But now? No one is buying the gas guzzlers because its $4 a gallon. So consumer needs shifted to mpg. When I first began driving and gas was around $1 a gallon I never cared about the drive, the cost of gas, hell i didn't even know what my car's MPG was at the time. Now? It's the main focus. I used to take countless roadtrips - just get in the car and get lost, it was fun! Now I don't because I know it'll cost me a lot of money to do so and I'd rather use the money on other things.

The issue with cars now is that gas costs are rising and exceeding consumer needs. Before you could afford the v8 or gas guzzler and not care when gas was $1 a gallon. But now? No one is buying the gas guzzlers because its $4 a gallon. So consumer needs shifted to mpg. When I first began driving and gas was around $1 a gallon I never cared about the drive, the cost of gas, hell i didn't even know what my car's MPG was at the time. Now? It's the main focus. I used to take countless roadtrips - just get in the car and get lost, it was fun! Now I don't because I know it'll cost me a lot of money to do so and I'd rather use the money on other things.

HA!!!! A dollar a gallon? When I started driving gas was about $.29 and there were gas wars! I remember saying I would never pay $1 a gallon! I left the country on a 9 month WESTPAC with gas around $.30 per. When I got back it was mid-$.60's! Talk about shock! Gas also didn't fluctuate like it does today. A $.05 increase in a week was unheard of, let alone a day!

The flip side is that it "hurt" as much to fill my '65 Mustang as it does to fill my LS. I quit caring about MPG years and years ago! I still pay less for gas a month than a car payment plus gas!

I think the lowest I've ever purchased gas for was .79 cents a gallon. I drive - a lot to and from work so MPG concerns me. The LS has turned into my weekend car - the car payment is worth it to me because in three years (well 1.5 now) it will be completely paid off. And you're right about the fluctuation of gas it has gone from less than a dollar to almost 4 dollars within 10 years - insane!!!

HA!!!! A dollar a gallon? When I started driving gas was about $.29 and there were gas wars! I remember saying I would never pay $1 a gallon! ...

I remember all the problems when gasoline approached and exceeded the $1 a gallon mark. Most gas pumps were unable to go above $0.999 per gallon. There was not a dollars digit for the rate. Some would read 1/2 the real amount and you would double it when you paid. Others were recalibrated to read in liters instead of gallons. This didn't last too long before the pumps were all replaced or reworked. I also remember that in the 70s when gasoline was still well under a dollar, there was a lot of concern over MPG. This is when Toyota and other imports starting becoming popular.

I'm not going to argue with you because your arguments are ridiculous. I will say this tho - of course it is in an optimal environment when they test 0-60s, you think the LS was tested in the snow? or rain? Obviously not. Maybe the regular driver gets 0-60 in 6.0 but do you think the LS tested slower than what it is? If not then it is too slower then its original 0-60 posted as well.

Secondly, you're saying that a 30,000 car should be able to outrun a $5,000 car? the LS brand new was well over 40k and I bought the sonata brand new out the door for 22,700. In 7 years it will too be worth around $5,000 and outrun some cars that are brand new in the 40s - its how it works.

Lastly, saying that a car wasn't developed with enthusiasts in mind is also ill informed. The car's aftermarket is ridiculous. You could easily gain about 50+ hp at the wheels with less than $1,000. And there are tons of them on the road.

I am a v8 guy as well, but to stand so firmly against change is too close minded. v8s are becoming ghosts of the past. You won't see many anymore because you can accomplish what a v8 does with a 6 turbo'd or supercharged that is cheaper and more fuel efficient.
That quote about 'enthusiasts ' wasn't mine, it was from the road test that was done by 'the truth about cars' in the link I provided. If you didn't like that statement, take it up with them-I provided the link. The thing is, this is a LS forum and I just don't want to talk about your brand new Korean car outrunning a LS, it was just your way of bragging that you have a brand new car that has 10 years worth of computer engineering technology that the LS will never have. It's still a Sonata and this is still an LS forum. I was asking about the badge, it wasn't an invitation for you to come into the thread yakking about how great your 30k plastic car is

How much?

Dunno yet. I've got to find some oem wheels to put on it first. I've got some other work to do on it, so it will be a couple weeks. It's at Mercedes right now, getting diagnostic done on some codes it's throwing

We're talkin' about an EMBLEM, right?...a few inches of PLASTIC, right?

So if you're laboring and doing mental gymnastics over the placement of a piece of plastic on your car, I'd hate to think how long it would take you on the BIG decisions in life :)

As a last resort, you can go, "Eenie, meenie, miney mo..." :) Or maybe approach it like pin the tail on the donkey and even surprise y/self :)
I will tune in once the final decision is made though. I mean, after all...inquiring minds wanna know! lol

PS: I'm with ya on the no black wheels point of view, so let's agree to disagree, and not be disagreeable in the process. Hey, it's all in fun.
It was supposed to be a fun thread- I knew a lot of the guys would hate the idea and was hoping to get some suggestions on what the experienced LS owners thought about the placement aesthetically, because they know the body lines of the car better than anyone.

No, they aren't. They're going to see it and think that you probably have a 4 cylinder and are trying to compensate by putting a fake V8 badge on that you got at the auto store.
That fake badge is going to tell them all they really need to know about you.
-I frankly don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks about me-maybe you worry about things like that-I don't.

My 04 Mustang Cobra would've sucked your Sonata up one tailpipe and spit it out of the other, if you'd like to talk about the merits of v-8s or brag about how fast your plastic car is. Unfortunately for me,an idiot ran a redlight and totaled it for me last year. 100_0984.jpg100_0984.jpg and I haven't replaced it as of yet.5740_1148043312078_4798295_n.jpg

100_0984.jpg

5740_1148043312078_4798295_n.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back