Poll: Which placement of this 'v-8' chrome emblem do you like?

placement of the V8 emblem

• Total voters
:cool:

2014-03-18 08.53.44.jpg

What did I tell you? I'm doing it ! Actually, every v-tech, AcuraTL Lexus IS, G35-g37 z350, and every other guy who pulls up beside me is going to have a second thought about stoplight racing me when they see my emblem of V8 power glimmering in the summer sun while I ease it over to SST and turn the a/c off and turn the stereo down :)
No, they'll probably be too full of themselves and their own cars to even glance at yours.

Because I'm bored I'll list my reasons the LS is more fun to drive :)

1. The sound - the exhaust I have on the LS is amazing.. you can hear me coming miles away - literally.
2. I don't like the way FWD cars accelerate. I'll elaborate. Specifically, I don't like it when I slam on the gas and the front wheels spin and I have to tightly grab the steering wheel because the wheels that turn are spinning making it swerve (for lack of a better description).
3. The LS actually turns some heads and I get a lot of respect for it. I drive it around and at least once a day someone will ask me what I've done to it, what I want for it, etc.
4. I love the way the LS handles. I feel like I can easily take turns at double the recommended speed without ever feeling like the car is going to slide or lose grip. I also like the firmness of the steering wheel. I can turn the sonata with my pinky. I could PROBABLY do the same in the LS but it would require much more effort - it has a real driving feeling.
5. I love the luxury inside the LS. The sonata has bucket seats which are "half" leather - hard to explain. It has heated seats but it is not very accommodating. It has two settings, low and high - the low is too low and the high is too effing hot. The LS is much better and the cooled seats are amazing, especially with the remote start - by the time I get in the car it's cool to the touch in the summer. I also love the ability to adjust the entire seat. My biggest gripe on the sonata is that the headrest isn't adjustable. When you get into the LS you think to yourself "wow someone spent some time designing a lot of it tailored for comfort" when i get in the sonata I think to myself "wow someone spent a lot of time trimming costs" it's not that its ugly or ill designed it's just designed to be a commuter car - not something that is going to wrap you in it and make you feel like you belong (if this makes sense).

Don't get me wrong there's a reason I bought the sonata and I don't hate it. However, if the LS got the same gas mileage, had the same size back seat, was a little quicker, etc etc etc I would've never bought the other car.

On topic - don't add any stickers please. No where, ever. Remove them if anything. Remove the trunk badges etc.

im bored in class so i ll add to your LS positives
1.) Lses are rare and not many know about them
2.) Saying I drive a Lincoln sounds better than saying I drive a Hyundai ( no offense Jjcool )

2. I don't like the way FWD cars accelerate. I'll elaborate. Specifically, I don't like it when I slam on the gas and the front wheels spin and I have to tightly grab the steering wheel because the wheels that turn are spinning making it swerve (for lack of a better description).

Torque steer ;)

im bored in class so i ll add to your LS positives
1.) Lses are rare and not many know about them
2.) Saying I drive a Lincoln sounds better than saying I drive a Hyundai ( no offense Jjcool )

No offense taken - it's totally true. Even though Hyundai is taking steps forward and Lincoln is doing the opposite it still has a more positive impact saying I drive a Lincoln. Now I just tell people about my bike and avoid both cars :)

hahaha i have a huffy :) , i might take the v8 from my debadged Ls and put it on my bike , lets see those grammar schoolers try and race me now

For the love of God, they aren't V4s. "V" designates the orientation of the cylinders. All the 4 cylinder cars these days (with the exception of the Subaru flat 4) are in-line 4 cylinder engines.

Inline 4:

engine-inline-4.gif

Flat 4:

stroker-ace-subaru-s-new-fb-flat-4-engine-sm.jpg

For the love of God, they aren't V4s. "V" designates the orientation of the cylinders. All the 4 cylinder cars these days (with the exception of the Subaru flat 4) are in-line 4 cylinder engines.

Inline 4:

engine-inline-4.gif

Flat 4:

stroker-ace-subaru-s-new-fb-flat-4-engine-sm.jpg
LOL I was thinking the same thing!

For the love of God, they aren't V4s. "V" designates the orientation of the cylinders. All the 4 cylinder cars these days (with the exception of the Subaru flat 4) are in-line 4 cylinder engines....

My 325i has a straight six, but most want to call it a V6.

The Volkswagen W12 is two V6's smashed together if I'm correct.

Exactly. My turbo sonata pisses on my LS (easily) and it has a v4 turbo.
Then your LS is slow. I looked it up and the 2011-2013 Sonata 0-60 times for those cars is 6.5-my gen 2 is 6.4 and there's no way you're going to pass me past 60 with front wheel drive and when your turbo runs out of steam and your lack of torque is exposed. You don't even know what motor you have-it's an inline 4 not a v-4. Just saying

Because I'm bored I'll list my reasons the LS is more fun to drive :)

1. The sound - the exhaust I have on the LS is amazing.. you can hear me coming miles away - literally.
3. The LS actually turns some heads and I get a lot of respect for it. I drive it around and at least once a day someone will ask me what I've done to it, what I want for it, etc.
4. I love the way the LS handles. I feel like I can easily take turns at double the recommended speed without ever feeling like the car is going to slide or lose grip. I also like the firmness of the steering wheel. I can turn the sonata with my pinky. I could PROBABLY do the same in the LS but it would require much more effort - it has a real driving feeling.
5. I love the luxury inside the LS. The sonata has bucket seats which are "half" leather - hard to explain. It has heated seats but it is not very accommodating. It has two settings, low and high - the low is too low and the high is too effing hot. The LS is much better and the cooled seats are amazing, especially with the remote start - by the time I get in the car it's cool to the touch in the summer. I also love the ability to adjust the entire seat. My biggest gripe on the sonata is that the headrest isn't adjustable. When you get into the LS you think to yourself "wow someone spent some time designing a lot of it tailored for comfort" when i get in the sonata I think to myself "wow someone spent a lot of time trimming costs" it's not that its ugly or ill designed it's just designed to be a commuter car - not something that is going to wrap you in it and make you feel like you belong (if this makes sense).

Don't get me wrong there's a reason I bought the sonata and I don't hate it. However, if the LS got the same gas mileage, had the same size back seat, was a little quicker, etc etc etc I would've never bought the other car.

On topic - don't add any stickers please. No where, ever. Remove them if anything. Remove the trunk badges etc.
I've been in the car business management for 25 years and I currently have 4 personal cars. Here's my take; Torque steer-anything over 260hp and FWD is a nightmare to control and get the power to the ground with traction control off. 2 examples; 2006 6 SPEED ( manual trans) Acura Tl. Great front line accel over 4k rpm. Coming off the line in a full 3k clutch dump and the car pulls so bad to the left with wheel hop that it takes all the pleasure out of the blast. 2007 Lincoln MKZ 3.5 liter V6 FWD. auto trans-- Take off the trac control, punch it off the line and the car does the same thing. All over the place and very inefficient. I have both of these cars in my current inventory and I've done it to both-- I drive every car that comes in and every car gets raced for about 5-10 mins by me for a couple reasons. No offence but the Sonata is plain ugly and it looks like every other japanese/korean 'sports sedan' out there. The same lines, same b an c pillar designs, the same tapered headlamps and taillights. Nothing distinct and nothing special. Great cars, very dependable and very competent. The gobs of molded plastic in different shades in the interiors have always looked cheap and the 'half leather half Pleather is an example as well and until the Koreans learn to put some personality in their cars, they will continue to be esoteric and cookie cutter designs-the copy catting from these Asian manufacturers is getting ridiculous. I had a 2011 garnet red Sonata with upgraded factory wheel package and leather at 2k under KBB retail on my lot for 5 months until someone bought it-everyone said the same thing;meh. If you like 'numb' power assisted steering with your pinky, have at it, I want to 'feel' the car and the LS chassis with the sport package is a hella fun even if it weighs 4-500 lbs too much. Competing with boring cars like the Camry/Accord and being afraid to buck the trend is something the Koreans need to figure out and they need to start leading instead of following everything the Japanese do and quit relying on the non-transferable '10 year power train' warranty which is basically bull crap and nothing more than a marketing angle because of the disaster that Hyundai had the first time they came to the states in the 80s and got chased back across the Pacific. Good cars-cheap interiors and there is NO way a turbo Sonata is going to hang with a LS IMO

Members online

No members online now.
Back