Pics Of My Lowered 2000 Ls

NINE1SIXX

LVC Member
Reaction score
used stock rear struts in the front and cut out the inner fender wells and moved the wiring harness that crosses the wheel wells up...in the back i used stock rear struts...i cut out the floor mount so the strut can come up into the trunk and built my own strut towers...no spring cutting and still maintain stock ride...stock 17 inch ls wheels painted black...:)
DSC02527.jpg
DSC02537.jpg
DSC02541.jpg
DSC02536.jpg
DSC02544.jpg
DSC02545.jpg

Wow... that looks suprisingly good.

very intersting the way you did it, almost looks bagged

thanks...everyone thinks its bagged...its not the most practical car to drive,but it looks good........

looks great i wish i knew how to do this... but how are speed bumps with this thing

He probably turns around instead of going over them.

That looks LOW, man.

i avoid them at all cost...with my wife and my 6 and 4 year old in the car it hits road reflectors...but i drive it daily...

i had no idea people were into these lincolns untill i started having proplems with mine and was looking them up on the internet...ive always loved the ls...i got this one for 1500.00 with a few little problems ive got about 2000.00 into the car total...not bad for a two thousand dollar car...

Not my cup of tea, but your engineering and execution are impressive! Nice looking weld, too.

i knw many here might not be interested but details on how you did it would be nice... how difficult would you say the process was

thats pretty awesome, do you have any issues with the camber in the front? it doesnt look to off from the pictures. and did you powdercoat those rims or just spray them?

Those are time honored technique's for dropping a strut suspension.

Well done!

But, it would never make it up my driveway. :D

You should get some spacers for the wheels to give them a little more pop. Lookin good though.

if there is even any room to space them out. looks pretty close to the fender wall already. original and impressive, although not my style I really admire your effort.

I'm diggin it... I like white, I mean white is right...I think you should slam it though

i knw many here might not be interested but details on how you did it would be nice... how difficult would you say the process was
it wasnt difficult at all...the front was very simple...i bought a pair of used rear struts springs and all...turned the top plate so the bolts would line up and bolted em in...cut out the inner fender wells above the tires and moved the wiring harness up...the rear was a little harded i used a plasma cutter to cut the rear strut mounts out of the trunk floor which let the rear struts come up into the trunk...i had bought two pieces of 6 inch round pipe and 6 inch circle cut outs...cut them to 3 inches in lengnth welded the top caps on...metal finished them out and drilled them so the rear struts would bolt right in...it sounds more complicated than it really was...the main thing i wanted was to maintain stock ride...its real smooth...when i hit the gas petal the plastic flaps in front of the rear tire drags the ground...:D

I like it. I agree with KD00L throw some spacers on there if you have room to bump those wheels out.

camber wasnt off too bad so i didnt bother with it...the wheels are painted not powder coated...

I like it. I agree with KD00L throw some spacers on there if you have room to bump those wheels out.
i cant space the wheels out at all when i turn they rubb as it is...it looks better in person...when you have a car this low you want the wheels in as far as possible for turning purposes...i can still do a u turn with them the way they are...:D

the only problem is it's a 120 foot radius u turn :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back