Pics of completed Gen 2 front end upgrade.

Ok so the things that don't work (I think it's due to the lack of the factory ECU) is the DCC and temp settings. As of now, I have so it's either all heat or all AC. It's on my list of things I want to make work. Also the rear defroster, front wiper defroster, and heated mirrors don't work. Yet another thing on my list, but hasn't been a huge deal. And the gauge cluster WILL NOT work with the swap. My buddy did everything possible to try to get the stock gauges to work, but wasn't possible so it has aftermarket Autometer Carbon Fiber Ultra Lite gauges. Here is a pic of the cluster.

IMAG0170-1.jpg

I will probably redo the guages and the carbon fiber mounting panel to something more modern and cleaner looking.

so a/c doesnt work? i didn't quite understand your comment. thanks

so, either all heat, or all AC.

Exactly. The factory DCC solenoid wasn't getting any power, so the default position for the valves is to stay open and let coolant flow freely in and out of the heater core. So for now I have just installed a manual turn valve to let coolant into heater core for heat, or turned off to use AC. I have planned on wiring a switch to the solenoid to control it in the car, but would rather get it to work like factory if possible. Does anybody know if all that stuff that's not working runs through the factory ECU?

Well poop. It's not a huge deal, maybe I'll get motivated enough to make it work someday.

Good luck. The Lincoln engineers never did get most of the electronics to work in the One Lap of America LS.

Is the tranny running off a piggy back system? I had to use a piggy back for swap.

I also had the same problem with the gauges. Aftermarket Autometer.:rolleyes:

Any fuel pressure problems? I had to up-grade the fuel pump for more fuel pressure over the factory unit.

Rollin you have a swap in your LS also? I find this absolutely incredible! I thought it looked different when I looked at the pictures but didn't pay enough attention. Does it haul as$ or what?

Well I know it's possible, but don't want a ton of custom switches controlling all of them cluttering up my dash lol

yea i see getting the factory climate controls working to be very difficult and just not possible. the easiest would probably to just install a manual valve to be able to adjust the flow to control the amount of heat, this could also be used to control how much AC you have to (might not be the most efficient way of working)

I'm not using any piggyback ECU just the factory LS1. THE CAR IS A 6 speed. Also does have a larger Walbro fuel pump.

I am using the manual coolant valve method already for the heat and AC

Rollin you have a swap in your LS also? I find this absolutely incredible! I thought it looked different when I looked at the pictures but didn't pay enough attention. Does it haul as$ or what?

Not in my LS. In my '91 Chevy Beretta GTZ. Swapped out the 3.1 v6 for a 3800sc out of a '98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. The Beretta does haul ass.:D I got the idea to mounted a Mach 1 lip from here. Its popular mod for the Beretta communtiy now.:D

GTZ 245.jpg

GTZ 230.jpg

I'm not using any piggyback ECU just the factory LS1. THE CAR IS A 6 speed. Also does have a larger Walbro fuel pump.

I am using the manual coolant valve method already for the heat and AC

Missed the 6-speed part. My bad.:(

I used a Holley inline. Picked up a Thrasher fuel pressure regulator. I ended up having to install AEM widefuel band to get the fuel pressure right.

Members online

Back