Pics...FINALY!

He's been here. Two different names since this one - EliotNessLS and DunItRight
Yeah, that makes sense too. DunItRight is the one that wanted to retrofit some Q45 projectors into his LS, but thought that LSE-V8's E46 retro looked out of place:

I really crave a projector headlight for the LS but IMO those look realy out of place...

Picture of LSE-V8 retro:
IMG_1914.gif

Picture of Q45 projectors:
q45tundra12.jpg

The Q45's would look butt-fugly in there! No sense of style! :rolleyes:

I knew that you were kidding...........

Tell me more about these rocker skirts. Do you have any pics or plans that I could copy?

yeah, I'm kidding :D

But I have seen it. On a Toyota Corolla. Here's the thing, I like when people have the balls to do custom work. But that mirror thing is pitiful. The workmanship is terrible. Looks like the mounts were cut out using a finger nail file. I can appreciate rat rods, customs, low riders, whatever, but stick to a theme. If you are going to pimp it, then pimp it. If you are into bling that is ok. But to put 50cent mirrors on a $40,000 car is ridiculous. But what is even worse, is to put them on and then post pictures of the abortion on an enthusiast site. I guess that someone always has to be first. On my way back from Delaware a few months ago I saw about 15 big 4 door Buick's, Fords, and Chevy's with the 30 inch wheel treatment, chrome fender skirts and like type bling, and I was really impressed with the workmanship. I actually stopped and looked at them. All from NJ and NY. Not my style, but they looked good and followed the theme throughout.

no doubt in my mind...

single handedly the worst mod ever to a LS.

sorry bro, put the stocks back on.

wow, man in the first pic they look like shrek ears. man he's got some balls for puttin that up.

Last edited:
hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

U should have put these on for mirrors.....lmao.....those things are wack!!!!!

dental_mirror.jpg

Because he's a New member using the search function like a new member should. At least that's what I'm asuming. I did that when I first joined too. I'd search through old threads, forget that I might be looking at a very old one, and post something to accidentally revive it.

no matter what a newbie gets reprimanded huh? if he asks a noob question he gets lashed at. if he searches and posts same happens. i'm just curious why people feel that an out of place post is such a terrible thing. reliving this post made me laugh once again, so i don't care

I wasn't lashing at him. I was defending him.

+1 on this this thread making me laugh again.

no matter what a newbie gets reprimanded huh? if he asks a noob question he gets lashed at. if he searches and posts same happens. i'm just curious why people feel that an out of place post is such a terrible thing. reliving this post made me laugh once again, so i don't care

Exactly, I thought I ran out of mods, but here is one I can do this spring to lighten up the car.

I wasn't "reprimanding" him. I was wondering if he had an actual legitimate question about it or was just trying to poke fun at Mr. Bicycle mirrors. I only "reprimand," Rick when someone has a question easily answered by searching. Nothing wrong with a good laugh. I actually think this should be a Hall of Shame thread.

sry glanga, i misinterpreted what you meant. still, there is a lot of this going on in this forum. just help a noob once in a while. sometimes they are so put off by negative (well maybe not negative) responses that they give up on the site before they even start. i was just saying...

I know what you mean. And when I tell them to search I don't go about it in a blatantly rude way. We really need Frogman back though.

Don't make fun of his mirrors... he can probably see you from there with them.

This reminds me of this lady I saw driving an early 90's corolla that had mirrors screwed in and duct taped all up the side of door at different lengths. LMAO

Looks horrible kills the whole look of the car. Lowering it isnt going to make those ugly ass mirrors look any better. People have been saying the the workmanship on those are good but from the close up pic it looks like :q:q:q:q. You said everyone likes them on the street I think your full of that to. Also if someone who does pro class custom work and said there good they they must also do poor quality work.

Since you said its an experient I would go ahead and take them off cause it just doesnt work.

Just my 2 cents.

I always love reading this thread over and over.

There is someone on this forum that really seems to fit the bicycle mirrors profile that writes quite a bit. I think everyone knows who.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back