Performance Throttlebodys Witch One???

excuse me 4750 gvw,on the door, ...

GVW = Gross Vehicle Weight

That's defined as maximum weight including passengers and cargo.

My typical 'race weight' is a scaled 4050 pounds.

Most Mark VIIIs tip the scales empty right at 4000 pounds.

My 95 LSC had 4.30 gears with trac-loc, SCT chip, dual exhaust cutouts dumped after the front cats, underdrive crank pulley and some other minor things like MSD wires/ SD coil packs, 180 degree thermostat etc. Stock mass air with 9 inch K&N conical, stock throttle bodies etc! It ran a 13.8 at 101.3 mph launching OFF IDLE with only a 2.1 60 foot time! It weighed just over 4050 lbs race weight, not even close to 5000! I bought a used C&L mass air housing for cheap and sold it a few weeks later it did absolutely nothing for me except give me a CEL!

I got my C&L used too. so theoretically with the 4.30's I have (yet to be installed) and a frpp trac-loc, and say dyno tune. I could possibly see a low 14?

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :yourock:

excuse me 4750 gvw,on the door, my falt and the z is borded 40 over,with a 750cfm carb. not put together right are you ok, low 13s on a N/A small block and the car weighs 4400 pounds is dam good, all i know is that what that kid said is wronge im still up for some advice from somone that has done what im talking about and or knows a thing of too, not some kid who cant read a time slip or has a 0 reaction time with hybrid lincoln cuz last time a checked these cars ran like a 15.6 stock in the 1/4 mike LOOK IT UP, sorry if i came off being an ass hole. ............................................................................................................................................................................HOLY :q:q:q:q I HAVE TO APOLJISE, NOW YOU WOULDENT MIND TELLING ME HOW THE HELL YOU DID THAT LIKE WHAT KIND OF MODS CUZ THAT IS AN UNBELIVABLE TIME FOR A MILDLY MODED MARK, NO HARD FEELINGS RIGHT???

My 94 ran a 14.651 at 97.21 bone dead stock in decent air. The car weighed 4240 with me in it (300 lbs) on the Cecil County dragway scale. The GVW is the maximum road weight you can run with passengers, luggage etc. It is not the actual weight of the car.

GVW = Gross Vehicle Weight

That's defined as maximum weight including passengers and cargo.

My typical 'race weight' is a scaled 4050 pounds.

Most Mark VIIIs tip the scales empty right at 4000 pounds.

damn driller you beat me to it GVWR=nothing as for the weight of a car

i havent seen of heard much of people changing throttle bodys

I just got off the track scale 4 hours ago and my 93 with me in it (180lbs) it was 4000 on the money.

Gen 1's do run into the 14.60's all stock. I have done it as well as many others. Best to launch off idle and flash the converter, tc off too.

Matt Tuminello went 13.82 at 101.49 at Etown for the Luxobarge Shootout and 12.81 at 106.1 on a 100 shot with nothing more then a high volume high output 255lph fuel pump, new fuel filter, LMS chip, LMS Maf Kit with Icebox, MSD Superconductor Wires, adjustable fpr and 4.10 gears coupled with drag radials. Everythning else was dead stock. Stock exhaust, stock trans, stock converter.

These cars are the best on spray, they just pull like hell and never stop. It's the best part pulling away from a Viper on the highway in these sleds, soakin' him with a 150 shot!!! LOL!

Gen 1's do run into the 14.60's all stock. I have done it as well as many others. Best to launch off idle and flash the converter, tc off too.

Then why was it soo hard for me to get into the 14's?

mines low mileage, 66,000. I always got a better time launching at round 1,500.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "flash the converter" mean?

Flashing the converter means flooring it (shocking the converter) off idle.

As far as carbs you dont want to go too big with a carb as well, dependding on the engine,maifold,cam,heads combo and size, or if for street or strip applications

Exactly why I said it isn't like a carb. :)

ok so a bigger tb bad idea? lol

It shouldn't do any harm, and may provide a small benefit. The benefit may not be worth the cost.

Not to mention there are no aftermarket throttle bodies for the gen 1 and for the gen 2 you will have to modify the Cobra BBK or Accufab throttle bodies to fit properly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back