Performance Throttlebodys Witch One???

saint777

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
ok got the maf,chip and exhaust from LMS. now im on to the rest of the intake i saw a 70mm bbk Throttlebody on summit for 200$ and then i saw a bbk 75mm throttlebody for 215$ which one should i get i dont want to run too lean so should i do the injecters at the same time? if so what should i go with? and what kind of power will i get? i have a 97 lsc, oh ya one more question what size is the factory tb? sorry guys im useta old small blocks with carbs, thanx -Steve.

Well, a TB isn't like a carb, you really can't go too big. If it were me I'd match TB size to MAF size (or obviously to planned MAF size if I were planning on upgrading that later.)

Well, a TB isn't like a carb, you really can't go too big. If it were me I'd match TB size to MAF size (or obviously to planned MAF size if I were planning on upgrading that later.)

The MAF is 90 cfm, how do i mach that to TBs that use mm??? As far as carbs you dont want to go too big with a carb as well, dependding on the engine,maifold,cam,heads combo and size, or if for street or strip applications:D maybe i shuda posed this in the performance section:confused: thax

Wow i musta been tied last night i said 90cfm when i should have been 900cfm and it clearly states the maf is 80 mm in the ad what a dope i am. Ok now that i know the maf is 80mm, I realy dont see a way that i will be able to mach up the TB to that, the biggest that i saw was 75mm, should i go with that? So the stock one is 60mm that seens kind of restrictive when my maf is 80mm.

Sorry but you will not gain anything from an aftermarket 80mm mass air or throttle body on a stock engine. The stock mass air meter is already 80mm and the throttly body is twin 65mm.

Sorry but you will not gain anything from an aftermarket 80mm mass air or throttle body on a stock engine. The stock mass air meter is already 80mm and the throttly body is twin 65mm.

:confused: That whole reply is wronge. The stock maf is far smaller than the one i got from LMS you can see dif! and I felt the dif when i instaled it! and of coruse you will gain something from more cfms of air going into the engine :eek: :rolleyes: Ok can someone who has a clue give me some help? I may be new to throttle bodys but I know that more air and fuel means more power, as long as you dont over do it.

I have no clue? I have raced 3 different Mark VIII's down the drag strip with over 200 runs, over 5 years worth of time slips, including a 13 second NA at over 100mph 95 LSC which had stock headers, stock throttle body, stock mass air, crappy street tires, stock tranny and stock exhaust piping. I think I know what it takes to make a Mark VIII faster with what bolt ons...

The reason you may "feel" a difference is because 1. the conical filter the mass air kit comes with gives you better throttle response because it has more surface area over the stock paper panel filter and 2. the C&L mass air housing (you still have the stock mass air meter, just the housing is different!), will lean out your A/F ratio possibly giving you a few more horsepower.

I have no clue? I have raced 3 different Mark VIII's down the drag strip with over 200 runs, over 5 years worth of time slips, including a 13 second NA at over 100mph 95 LSC which had stock headers, stock throttle body, stock mass air, crappy street tires, stock tranny and stock exhaust piping. I think I know what it takes to make a Mark VIII faster with what bolt ons...

The reason you may "feel" a difference is because 1. the conical filter the mass air kit comes with gives you better throttle response because it has more surface area over the stock paper panel filter and 2. the C&L mass air housing (you still have the stock mass air meter, just the housing is different!), will lean out your A/F ratio possibly giving you a few more horsepower.

Wow those are some nice acomplisments:rolleyes: and i know that you didnt run a low 13 in the 1/4 mile with a stock almost 5000 pound gvw mark. the housing is different its bigger! listen im not going to argue with you,:D by the way my 1980 Z28 that i camed, 850 carbed, after market heads plished and ported, cyilinders bored out 30 over, headers 2.5 H-piped to flowmaster 2 chambers NO cat 4 speed hurst thats cranking out 437hp at the wheels dyno proven!:eek: is only pullin 13.1 in the 1/4. So not only do you not have a clue your also full of :q:q:q:q!!! DO ME A FAVOR KID STOP REPLYING TO THIS TREAD I WANT SO REAL AWNSERS NOT SOMEONES NO NOTHING BULL :q:q:q:q K.

Wow those are some nice acomplisments:rolleyes: and i know that you didnt run a low 13 in the 1/4 mile with a stock almost 5000 pound gvw mark. the housing is different its bigger! listen im not going to argue with you,:D by the way my 1980 Z28 that i camed, 850 carbed, after market heads plished and ported, cyilinders bored out 30 over, headers 2.5 H-piped to flowmaster 2 chambers NO cat 4 speed hurst thats cranking out 437hp at the wheels dyno proven!:eek: is only pullin 13.1 in the 1/4. So not only do you not have a clue your also full of :q:q:q:q!!! DO ME A FAVOR KID STOP REPLYING TO THIS TREAD I WANT SO REAL AWNSERS NOT SOMEONES NO NOTHING BULL :q:q:q:q K.

Don't rule out NOS he might've gotten there with nitrous. But I'm with you on the MAF I know its bigger I have one myself and I also felt a little dif.

EDIT: And saw a little difference in my 1/4 times.

Maybe your Z28 is just slow or not put together right? Anyhow I would agree with 98LSC32V.

Also, If you know so much then why are you asking for help when you just are going to argue? The mark is not a 5,000 lb car either.

I never said I ran low 13's, I said I ran 13's with a naturally aspirated almost stock 95 LSC, 13.8 at 101.3mph to be exact. No nitrous at all. If you know so much about how to tune Mark VIII's why are you asking questions at all? You don't see me posting about "which throttle body should I run" do you? :confused:

Uh, I ran a 13.4@104 naturally aspirated with a stock throttle body??? :D

100_3279.jpg

100_3262.mov.jpg
<<<Video

I never said I ran low 13's, I said I ran 13's with a naturally aspirated almost stock 95 LSC, 13.8 at 101.3mph to be exact. No nitrous at all. If you know so much about how to tune Mark VIII's why are you asking questions at all? You don't see me posting about "which throttle body should I run" do you? :confused:

Please tell me what you did to that mark VIII to make it run a 13.8 @ 101.3. With stock MAF, Stock TB, Stock exhaust, Stock exhaust manifolds, stock transmission, crappy tires and no nitrous? I'd just like to know? not trying to argue here

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :yourock:
Maybe your Z28 is just slow or not put together right? Anyhow I would agree with 98LSC32V.

Also, If you know so much then why are you asking for help when you just are going to argue? The mark is not a 5,000 lb car either.

excuse me 4750 gvw,on the door, my falt and the z is borded 40 over,with a 750cfm carb. not put together right are you ok, low 13s on a N/A small block and the car weighs 4400 pounds is dam good, all i know is that what that kid said is wronge im still up for some advice from somone that has done what im talking about and or knows a thing of too, not some kid who cant read a time slip or has a 0 reaction time with hybrid lincoln cuz last time a checked these cars ran like a 15.6 stock in the 1/4 mike LOOK IT UP, sorry if i came off being an ass hole. ............................................................................................................................................................................HOLY :q:q:q:q I HAVE TO APOLJISE, NOW YOU WOULDENT MIND TELLING ME HOW THE HELL YOU DID THAT LIKE WHAT KIND OF MODS CUZ THAT IS AN UNBELIVABLE TIME FOR A MILDLY MODED MARK, NO HARD FEELINGS RIGHT???

stock I ran a 15.2. Some say they've ran 14.6's stock. I judt got into the 14's wish I could see a 14.6

I've seen that before. I just wanna know how 98LSC32V got a 13.8 with stock headers, stock throttle body, stock mass air, crappy street tires, stock tranny and stock exhaust piping. I'd like to try some of the stuff he did with my mark

I've seen that before. I just wanna know how 98LSC32V got a 13.8 with stock headers, stock throttle body, stock mass air, crappy street tires, stock tranny and stock exhaust piping. I'd like to try some of the stuff he did with my mark

13.8 THE SLIP SAID 13.4 THATS :q:q:q:qING INCREDIBLE!!

If I see 'wrong' spelled with an e at the end, I may have to bring out some guns.

My 95 LSC had 4.30 gears with trac-loc, SCT chip, dual exhaust cutouts dumped after the front cats, underdrive crank pulley and some other minor things like MSD wires/ SD coil packs, 180 degree thermostat etc. Stock mass air with 9 inch K&N conical, stock throttle bodies etc! It ran a 13.8 at 101.3 mph launching OFF IDLE with only a 2.1 60 foot time! It weighed just over 4050 lbs race weight, not even close to 5000! I bought a used C&L mass air housing for cheap and sold it a few weeks later it did absolutely nothing for me except give me a CEL!

Members online

Back