Parting out a 98 Mark VIII, Good engine/trans

I guess $200 is too little for a trans with 95k miles on it. Oh well I'll wait for a 03 trans shows to up at the junkyard and get it for $130.:D

I guess $200 is too little for a trans with 95k miles on it. Oh well I'll wait for a 03 trans shows to up at the junkyard and get it for $130.:D

My buddy got a one out of a 2004 Mustang v6 with under 50K on a half price day for $65. Unreal, huh?

ill sell the trans for $250, otherwise ill just sit on it for a while and wait for someone who really needs one, btw "outlaw94" the trans will be complete and already pulled out, going to a junkyard, you technically dont know what you're buying with however miles, yes it has a warranty but imagine doing all that work over and over again

250's a deal for a known working 98 trans that's already pulled. If I needed one I wouldn't hesitate at said price.

Tell me I'm the only one who's noticed the 97 airbag in the steering wheel when he's claiming its a 98? That's fairly important for anyone who wants that trans..

By the way does that original cd player still work? If so how much for it?

Yep, that's a 97.

How I know...

-The airbag
-The Intech cover over the alternator
-The speaker grille emblems

It's possible that any of these items could have been replaced/put onto a 98 from a 97, but it's not likely that all of them were...

Tell me I'm the only one who's noticed the 97 airbag in the steering wheel when he's claiming its a 98? That's fairly important for anyone who wants that trans..

Before buying the trans, it would be smart for the buyer to ask for a pic of the top side of the bell housing. It will be stamped 98 at the very top. I'd buy it for $250 but again, the good stuff is always 900 miles away. :rolleyes:

Just got back from picking at it. I got alot of odds n' ends, most of which I didn't need but I don't get to pick through a mark with the same int/ext color as mine very often. He gave me a great deal on everything and i'll be heading up again to get the column and a f'n headlight bolt I forgot to snag.

Most of the more popular items are still available. Drivers side seat track works, hids,neon. I didn't check the side mirrors though. It was still up in the air when I arrived so it's possible the bags are good too.

you mean the whole radio?

Yes the double din original radio/cd player..does it still work and play cds? Anyone know if they could be swapped into a 1st gen and just plug right in? (Obviously not talking about 93-94s)

Heres a rear pic of my old one I sold a couple months back for comparision. Oem dd indash cd. I don't know for sure if they're compatible though.

cdplayer004.jpg

Just got back from picking at it. I got alot of odds n' ends, most of which I didn't need but I don't get to pick through a mark with the same int/ext color as mine very often (Never). I had fun taking stuff apart more then anything. He gave me a great deal and i'll be heading up again to get the column and a f'n headlight bolt I forgot to snag.

Most of the more popular items are still available. Drivers side seat track works, hids,neon. I didn't check the side mirrors though. It was still up in the air when I arrived so it's possible the bags are good too.

Well dammit:( I'll bet you got most of the stuff I need:p

Well dammit:( I'll bet you got most of the stuff I need:p

It was all int pieces:

1 dash vent in each color
Fuse cover
2 rear speaker grilles
Window switches
Rearview Mirror
Defrost panel
Upper dash cover
Rear deck cover
Spare tire cover
Both Door handle bezels
The floor mats...just cuz....

There were 2 vents left, the far left ones. Only thing being held for me is the steering column.

It was all int pieces:

1 dash vent in each color
Fuse cover
2 rear speaker grilles
Window switches
Rearview Mirror
Defrost panel
Upper dash cover
Rear deck cover
Spare tire cover
Both Door handle bezels
The floor mats...just cuz....

Only thing being held for me is the steering column.

Yep. You got some of the stuff I needed. Dash vents, PW switches, door handle bezels. I had PM'd him about some prices for those items with shipping but never heard back. Oh well, better luck next time.:(

So...has anyone decided what year the car actually is?

Viking,

Aside from "it ran okay when I last drove it," what more could you say about the engine?

*Yes, an engine from a car like yours may be preferable to a junk yard engine, but since you only joined this forum to part out your car, nobody knows anything about you to just take your word for it that it "works" (while some deals offer warranties).

Looked like a 97, but I didn't really care to investigate as I didn't want/need any 98 specific parts.

When I go back i'll start her up and give a quick look see for obv noises/leaks. He wanted me too but I was in a rush to get my parts before he closed up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back