Parting out a 98 Mark VIII, Good engine/trans

vikingdiesel

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 Mark VIII with a good running motor w/ 95k miles on it, I am parting out the whole car. Few q's

1. Will this motor interchange with 93-98 or is it only 97-98
2. Which mustangs will it fit? Not just physically, but more of a plug and play?

Let me know if anyone needs anything

I have a 98 Mark VIII with a good running motor w/ 95k miles on it, I am parting out the whole car. Few q's

1. Will this motor interchange with 93-98 or is it only 97-98
2. Which mustangs will it fit? Not just physically, but more of a plug and play?

Let me know if anyone needs anything

Mr. Diesel, it will NOT fit the 93-96 unless you make some space for it under that hood. You will have to cut some of the hood. Some of the guys here can elaborate better.

I don't think it will "plug n' play" in any Mustang unless you work a little on the car. It would be a NICE Fox body upgrade though!

Yes the MOTOR will fit ALL Mark8 years...the intake however will not- just use a 1st Gen intake in a 1st Gen car

It will "plug and play" in a 96-98 Mustang GT/Cobra

What color is the interior?
How is the neon? I'm interested

Yes the MOTOR will fit ALL Mark8 years...the intake however will not- just use a 1st Gen intake in a 1st Gen car

It will "plug and play" in a 96-98 Mustang GT/Cobra

What color is the interior?
How is the neon? I'm interested

tan interior, the neon, meaning the rear center light?

btw, can anyone give me a rough idea on what the engine is worth? complete and not complete meaning with and without accessories, given the good miles on it

The light/and ballast if you want to include it.

$300-$500 for the motor. I just got mine for $500 complete, and I removed it myself

I need a cup holder cover. Mine is broke. Can not find one. How similar are the 93 ones?

The engine is def worth more than $300... Lol, especially with the good miles that i have

The engine is def worth more than $300... Lol, especially with the good miles that i have

95,000 miles isn't bad, but that isnt exactly "low" miles. 300-400 for the motor is probably fair, but don't be suprised if you sit on it for a little while because someone can pull one from the JY and get a warranty on it, I'm assuming you have no warranty to provide. Your best bet will be someone on Craigslist local to you that wants to pick it up for a mustang. You are not very likely to sell it here for much more than $400.

DSCF5036.jpg

DSCF5037.jpg

DSCF5039.jpg

DSCF5049.jpg

DSCF5048.jpg

DSCF5050.jpg

DSCF5051.jpg

DSCF5052.jpg

DSCF5053.jpg

DSCF5055.jpg

DSCF5056.jpg

DSCF5057.jpg