parking break

in my 2004, i had this same issue. I found the original module in my ls said "revision -".

I went onto ebay and found one that said "revision a" for 30 dollars and thought it was worth a shot.

I have not had an issue since.

i have 04 and im having the same issue do you have a link or info to fix my

Parking brake on any car = Use it or Lose it!

every day i turn on 05 ls and the service parking brake comes on, the parking brake has not worked since day one that i bought it in december. so i push reset and its gone poof. but today it started to glitch out. my PB worked. push down brake engaged, foot on brake, pull up disengaged. thought it was wierd that it started to work out of nowhere but whatever. waited for wife in the parking brake light would come on then the "push foot brake" would come on then "service park brake". then my park brake was stuck on. no idea what to do. ive read that it might be dccv or weak battery. i used my A/C for the first time today due to nice weather finally and i dont know maybe that had something to do with it? please any suggestions would be great. thanks

If it's stuck on, it's probably a problem with the actuator or the parking brake cables.

my 2005 does the same thing. Turn the car on and eventually get the little ding that says "service parking brake"..Scares me I always think what now?! lol.. Must try that battery disconnection idea soon...

Disconnect your battery, thats what I did and I resolved my problem.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

im having the same problem on my 2005 ls. the battery is barely 7 months old. my parking break is stuck on and I cant drive no where. I hauled ass and went to les schwab to have them look at it. they push the parking brake button and it came off for them.i push it nothing happens. I disconnected my battery still nothing. now I cant drive it. anytoher suggestion to get the damn brake off?

slickricky08, my parking brake failed with it engaged a few months ago. Turns out the revised module that I spoke about earlier in this thread was the cause of it.

It just randomly happened one night and my car was stuck. Luckily I still had the old module and never tossed it. I swapped in the old module and the parking brake disengaged and has actually not even resorted back to the original issue of displaying false errors.

The electronics in this car, I sometimes feel like they were ahead of their time.

Parking brake module on the driver's side of the trunk. There was a revision of it sometime during the lifespan of the gen2 model.

I tried endless things to get it to disengage. Even starting the car with the module removed completely did not work.

The only thing I can think of is try to find parking brake module locally or online.

I am not 100% sure on part number, but I THINK the module is used on several vehicles (Jaguar, at least).

Part is numbered like 4W4T-2C496-something something for the version.

Members online

No members online now.
Back