Painted Emblems

I think black with the red star looks good.

Where did you get unpainted emblems from?
Thanks my favorite so far, I have bought some on ebay and some that I have had laying around.
Nice work.:cool:

I need to hit the yard and snag on a few emblems myself. Do a few custom ones. I have some Autumn Red touch paint I could use.:rolleyes:

Thanks Rollin im thinkin about doing autumn red with a white star as my next set.

Black and White star.
6896238811_71718ab818_z.jpg

Sorry guys ive been super busy at work ( Wedding season :Bang) I will update on a DIY with some pics tonite while im at work.

Looks like some serious rubber from this angle. That's a clean rear shot as well, emblems look good
You're catching some of the rear tire as well that's why the tires look so huge..

i need a black backgrown with a royal (duke university) blue star. quote me the price plus shipping for a set coming to 23518 zip code.

Well ive been gone for a while been working like crazy :eek:

black and white looks sweet! Good job.

Thanks mlara ;)

I think a black star and a white background would look very well pm if you are intrested.

very delicate situation with these embles, I say this because they do show every imperfection once the product is done.The emblems that were used are salvaged emblems from ebay and local salvage yards.

Step 1: I used Goo off for most of the glue and paint, make sure that you do not use to much of this stuff as it WILL CRACK your emblems. I used a tooth pick for the silver stock color on the emblem this is the the hardest part make sure you get every tiny little speck out as it will show later on.

6950965583_fc70b02862_z.jpg

Step 2: I used a microfiber towel with some Goo gone and the emblem very gently.

6950971499_7aceb920cc_z.jpg

Step 3: I used my wifes nail polish for paint she has alot of diffrent colors of very fine paint brush, so thats what ive used so far and some acetone for the clean up using q-tips make sure to look for any left over paint very carefully under a light.

6950966519_30461496c3_z.jpg

Step 4: let the painted star dry for at least 2 hrs or so and then you can paint the background what ever color you like.I then waited 24 hrs before installing letting the paint dry, I used 3m tape to re-install onto my grill and rear surround.

6950968971_2d91c0e994_z.jpg

This set was the best so far with no stress cracks with no pitting at all

6950970727_9f319a433c_z.jpg

All of the emblems above are for sale
Emblems are ready for install painted and with 3m tape pm if intrested.

Black and whites 35 shipped.

1 Black and red emblem 13 shipped. ( do not expect a perfect emblem these do show imperfections)

1 Red and black emblem 13 shipped. ( do not expect a perfect emblem these do show imperfections)

2 blanks with white star painted shipped (pending).

I plan on purchasing more emblems as i want do more for my LS. the way my last set set came out i really took my time on them and they came out great so im on ebay ordering some more and hitting the salvage yards.

Let me know if you guys are intrested and i can paint some emblems in my spare time, I figure 40 a good set shipped is fair materials etc.

damn good :q:q:q:q manoli ill def be talkn to you bout ordern a set my front emblems been cracked since i got car so ive been looking for quality replacements

Cant you just sand the back of the emblem lightly to get off the paint over"spray" that was used doing the star?

Looks awesome. I will PM you when I am ready to purchase. I am assuming you can do almost any color since its nail polish?

I'm going to have to steal your white start black background idea, looks killer!!!!!!!

PM'ed

Thanks guys appreciate the comments :)

Andrizzle im not sure if you can or not as i did not try this myself, I would imagine that the goo off would work easier.

Imperfections shown on a test dummy emblem as you can see all of the cracks. (red&white)
6804851120_1bdd68b6be_z.jpg

Ah alright, yea fine scratches I guess would be seen if in certain light I bet.

Anyways what imperfections do the black with red stars, have?

Can't those be sanded down?

if you set the emblems in acitone for about 10 minutesthe paint will come right off. once you pick it up the black and silver will fall right off and all thats left is a clear emblem.

as long as you clear coat it you wont see the scratches.

i just wet sanded mine and polished with my pc and they look great

Yea I did the same to the outside of one my mine. Sanded. Cleared. Then rubbing compound. Looks great.

Just trying to figure out if the imperfections hes talken about are in the paintjob or the emblem's surface.

Yea I did the same to the outside of one my mine. Sanded. Cleared. Then rubbing compound. Looks great.

Just trying to figure out if the imperfections hes talken about are in the paintjob or the emblem's surface.

The cracks usually start on the paintable surface when you using to much goo- gone or acetone. Trust me ive done 8 emblems so far (trial&error). I maybe very meticulous when it comes to things like this.

I have a set of black&red on my car now but I wont have pics of them on the car until i get back from the shop sometime next week.I also sanded and wet-sanded the test dummies and alot of the cracks just were way too deep.

if you set the emblems in acitone for about 10 minutesthe paint will come right off. once you pick it up the black and silver will fall right off and all thats left is a clear emblem.

as long as you clear coat it you wont see the scratches.

What clear coat did you use? I used a rattle clear coat on the outer service but you can still see the wear from the age.

6817077784_a6af441d6b_b.jpg

imperfections are mostly on the paintable surface on test dummy (1).

I did the same with mine and they turned out great. Maybe try and sand it down then clear coat??

Manoli has already been thanked but for the record, these emblems look REALLY good. I went with the clear and the Lincoln emblem. Going to put a black twill carbon fiber background to them.

**Sidenote....Probably will be the only carbon fiber to ever be near my car but I can accept it in this case. It will be so subtle that most would never know it is there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back