P0402 EGR flow EXC DET

If you disconnect the vacuum line, plug it, and try driving it a bit, and it still idles bad, the EGR might not be closing as it should at idle. That would rule out the DPFE and valve that controls the EGR opening. The EGR is normally closed when no vacuum is routed to it from the valve (I forget the actual name of that valve) the DPFE tells the valve when to open (through the PCM).

Ill give it a try.

Anyway in the last couple days now it has tripped that same code three more times but the engine didnt seem to run bad at all when it tripped. Idle seemed to drop a tad (100 rpmish) but didnt idle ruff.
I will have that DPFE from Nolimit here next week sometime and swap it out. If I still get the code then I will swap the EGR valve itself. If that does not correct it then I will shoot it with my 9mm and if that dont correct it then I will bust out the AR. :D

JK, I really like my new Mark.

Ill give it a try.

Anyway in the last couple days now it has tripped that same code three more times but the engine didnt seem to run bad at all when it tripped. Idle seemed to drop a tad (100 rpmish) but didnt idle ruff.
I will have that DPFE from Nolimit here next week sometime and swap it out. If I still get the code then I will swap the EGR valve itself. If that does not correct it then I will shoot it with my 9mm and if that dont correct it then I will bust out the AR. :D

JK, I really like my new Mark.

Laser, I should have that to you Saturday, hopefully. I'm going to take my laptop with me because I doubt I'll drive straight back from Jamies. I hate long distance travel, especially at night and as cold as it is.

I'll check with you Saturday when I stop at a hotel somewhere to see if it made it to you. It's going out today, Priority Mail and I'll have you a tracking number shortly.

No need to go through the trouble. I trust you and dont need the tracking number. :)

Members online

Back