Oil Pan

Nitvid

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My lil Mark has a rotted out oil pan :( Found a guy on CL that has one for $175, is that the going rate? only had this, my first Mark for a little over a month.
mark9.jpg

UPDATE
on the way home tonight from work, stopped by the local salvage yard. after some searching, and direction from the owner of the place (its good to know those people) we found a first gen mark in the yard. he can have the entire engine out and pan off for me by tomorrow for $100.00 so heres to hoping that one is not rusted to death like my current one...
If anyone is in the St Louis area and needs parts send me a message and i can direct ya to the gen 1 there, or if anyone needs specific parts...

before you hand over the 100 bucks you better take a REAL GOOD LOOK at that pan because it is a first gen pan, so its old, and old oil pans = rusted oil pans 9 times out of 10, dont buy what you already have, the labor is intense and you dont want to change the pan twice!

Paulies in Belleville, i live a few miles away from there and work in freeburg, go past it on the way home. Oddly enough, i bought my 97 Mark that needs the pan from his brother down the road for $800

how can you get a brand new terry they are discontinued!

The same way I can get the sub frame brackets brand new. Just because they are discontinued, doesn't mean there isn't a place that has a stock pile of them. You want a new one? Anyone want new sub frame brackets. I can get those too for $55 to your door.

Just to make sure, I put an email in through them and asked if they had 93 - 98 oil pans in stock.I can still get headlight housings for gen 1's but I do know that all of the Gen 2 housings are gone. I will know for sure before the day is out if they have the oil pans. Normally they don't price them unless they have them. (PARTS)

Normally they don't price them unless they have them. (PARTS)

That's exactly what they do. Your source is no special secret, it uses the same parts inventory as all the other dealers selling parts online.
It's outdated a bit, since not many care about updating parts list for a 12-17 year old car ;)

That's exactly what they do. Your source is no special secret, it uses the same parts inventory as all the other dealers selling parts online.
It's outdated a bit, since not many care about updating parts list for a 12-17 year old car ;)

True but only the email will tell for sure. Some places don't have corner lenses but I can still get those NIB and I'm almost certain they'll have these oil pans but I could be wrong.

Dont junk yards punch holes in the pans? Out here I think they do it to all of them. Sapperfires new motors oil pan has a hole in it and a little plastic plug. I noticed while we were pulling it that the other cars there also had the pan punched.

So I have this extra pan here with a hole in it, bummer knowing a $100+ part is no ruined cause of that crap. :mad:

I just got the email back from Tony and he says that the same part number shows for 95-98 Romeo engines lol but anyway, it's looking like he has them but I'm waiting for him to verify that. I'm going to order a new pass side corner lens anyway to match the new one I just got last week for the drivers side.

When he emails me back, I'll know for sure if he has these pans and he acts like he has plenty. I also told him I needed the part # to verify we're on the right page.

Well as i was walking to my parts Mark in the junkyard, i glanced over to a pile of engines/trannies and hnehold a 4.6 engine tranny sittin on the top of the pile. I had the yard ape turn over the engine with a backhoe and ripped the oil pan off of that one, then proceeded to the original parts car and swiped the driver door handle, mine was busted when i got the car. After all is said and done, the oil pan was the right one (quick verification with my mechanic) and i got the pan and door handle for $50. Best of all the new handle is already the correct color!
mark3.jpg

Dont junk yards punch holes in the pans? Out here I think they do it to all of them. Sapperfires new motors oil pan has a hole in it and a little plastic plug. I noticed while we were pulling it that the other cars there also had the pan punched.

So I have this extra pan here with a hole in it, bummer knowing a $100+ part is no ruined cause of that crap. :mad:

Probably state environmental regs or something wack like that, I've never seen that. Weird, cuz oil pans already come with a predrilled hole.

Members online

No members online now.
Back