Official LS Picture Thread

image-5_zps7c417e61.jpg

My car is going under the knife soon. Total transformation. Hope to be done by mid June.

oh, thought that was your degas bottle for a sec.

Just wondering, but why did you change the plugs and not the coils as well? They shouldn't really be shot at 50,000 miles. Unless you've been running low octane fuel or the coils are bad.

When I got the car, she had 43166 miles on her mostly by a 93 yo Marine. I seriously doubt he bought 93 octane.

I just said the plugs were shot because of the way the electrode looked and the gap was way too wide. I wasn't sure if I was getting misfires or just hesitation due to a lack of efficiency. She does feel much better now and much smoother all the way to the redline.

I think the main problem was the wide gap. The coil boots were bone dry. Honestly I was expecting to see some oil near the bottom but, there was absolutely none. I run her very hard sometimes. The plugs are now gapped at 0.041.

When I got the car, she had 43166 miles on her mostly by a 93 yo Marine. I seriously doubt he bought 93 octane.

I just said the plugs were shot because of the way the electrode looked and the gap was way too wide. I wasn't sure if I was getting misfires or just hesitation due to a lack of efficiency. She does feel much better now and much smoother all the way to the redline.

I think the main problem was the wide gap. The coil boots were bone dry. Honestly I was expecting to see some oil near the bottom but, there was absolutely none. I run her very hard sometimes. The plugs are now gapped at 0.041.

They don't look too bad. Seems like normal wear. I'm pretty sure the VCGs were sorted out by 2006, but the coils no. You'll probably be doing this job again.

They don't look too bad. Seems like normal wear. I'm pretty sure the VCGs were sorted out by 2006, but the coils no. You'll probably be doing this job again.

I'm not sure if the coils are original. If they are they could still last another few years. If I have to change them, I will. It will only take an hour or less. Then, I may get some other kind of coils.

@m4rk I have more in my build thread. Once I get her washed and waxed I will do a proper photo shoot.

Last edited:
ls4.jpgls5.jpg ....new rear diff installed ($ugh$) Mechanic said its from an 02'... lower top speed, but notably quicker... my throwout bearing and clutch are a little pissed with the upgrade. I can tell because they started whining about it yesterday... :Bang

ls4.jpg

ls5.jpg

Yeah those took no time to settle in, looks great.

Members online

No members online now.
Back