Official LS Picture Thread

Thank you, HDDave.

I have been debating about 245/35s or 245/40s. Frankly I think I want the added sidewall for a bit of comfort, my current potenzas offer great performance but honestly they make the ride super harsh...but i don't want to mess up the look either lol

What are your thoughts on 245/40s? Too much tire? just fine? hows the ride quality?

T-money thanks as well. The LSX seems ok with 275s in the rear even tho those wheels are 8" wide.

I commented on another thread regarding tires today (FYI) but I really like mine... I don't know how much of it is the tire (vs. other brands) but i was surprised how soft my ride is... for having 20" wheels.

I guess it depends on the roads you drive on... My county has some of the highest tax rates in the country, but that keeps pretty smooth roads just about everywhere... if your going with 19's I think 40's would look fine and feel great... if your going 20's it'll really come down to driving condition, quality of tire, and personal preference. I'll be putting my stockers back on this weekend (I think), so i'll give you a better description then... I forget what stockers feel like every year... I know if softens up a bit, put i loose a ton of traction..

Found your post in the other thread, thanks rell.

Get those winter wheels on! I'm glad I did it when I did bc its snowed the last few days.

Yep

actually i think i gave more info in this one...LOL i cant remember...

I've got my neighbor Ford guy (hopefully) coming over to track down a rattle Saturday, I'll swap them then

mid 60s and sunny..works for me

Haven't posted here in a alone time and just picked up a DSLR on black friday and shot a few pics so I figured I would share. Actually bought a bra for my car for the long road trips. I don't think it looks too bad

IMG_0132 (640x427).jpg

IMG_0063 (640x427).jpg

IMG_0065 (640x427).jpg

Went out to our ranch and did some shooting. It made me feel nostalgic. When I was little, my great uncle used to take us out there in his white Lincoln Towncar. It made me chuckle . Unfortunately, he passed away years ago.

darklshdr.jpg

04 LS V8,
very clean looking LS. I'd say pretty rare color, and I love it.

And i hope you really only keep that bra on for long trips lol

Blwnbyu,
beautiful shot! can't wait for those wheels.

WOW !!! AMAZING PHOTO !!!

Very well done ... where were you with this shot during the Combat of the Calendar submissions ?

Thanks guys.. It was pretty noisy, HDR shot handheld. My buddy was right behind the car shooting lol. I just liked how dark and ominous it was.

I put almost 1000 miles on it last week. I love this car so much. The new stereo and DVD player are AMAZING. It handles so well and rides awesome. I'm very happy with it so far, even with the few quirks.. Speaking of.. I ordered Valve Cover Gaskets lol.

hot damn new desktop background! Amazing pic blwnbyu

Can you do this with just a camera or is this shopped up. Holy cannoli!

Went out to our ranch and did some shooting. It made me feel nostalgic. When I was little, my great uncle used to take us out there in his white Lincoln Towncar. It made me chuckle . Unfortunately, he passed away years ago.

darklshdr.jpg

Can you do this with just a camera or is this shopped up. Holy cannoli!

It's an HDR, so it is 3 images stacked on top of each other, run through Photomatix, and then just cleaned up in photoshop. I don't edit any pic for more than about 5 minutes because 5 minutes is about the extent of my photoshop knowledge lol

After a quick search I understand what's going on. I'm not even sure if the picture is technically all that great but I was just surprised by it. I've got some learning to do lol.

After a quick search I understand what's going on. I'm not even sure if the picture is technically all that great but I was just surprised by it. I've got some learning to do lol.

It's not.. Had I dug my tripod out it would have been alot sharper :mad: It was just a spur of the moment thing while my buddy was shooting my gun.

I do have a nice collection of landscape HDR's though.

Another HDR of a buddies truck.. It really brings out the colors.

sneakpeak.jpg

Farmtruckreedit.jpg

EasyCanvasFairyLakeprint-1.jpg

Just for future reference for anyone that needs to see comparisons.

LS lowered with Eibach springs:
First pictures, 19" Konig Prophets with 245/35/19 tiress.
Second pictures, 20" Sentas with 255/35/20 tires.

No Chrome 17.jpg

Sentas 03.jpg

Do you have a true sideshot of those? I am contemplating the 245/35/20's and 255/35/20's. The more tire I can have, the better, so the 255's are looking good to me.. If I go 255, neither of the 2 tires I was looking at will work, so I was contemplating the Nitto Motivos. They have good reviews and are made in the USA.

Thank you, HDDave.

I have been debating about 245/35s or 245/40s. Frankly I think I want the added sidewall for a bit of comfort, my current potenzas offer great performance but honestly they make the ride super harsh...but i don't want to mess up the look either lol

What are your thoughts on 245/40s? Too much tire? just fine? hows the ride quality?

I like the tire size and IMHO the ride isn't bad at all. I'm pretty sure this is closer to stock ride than when I was running 20s, but I haven't had those on my '06 (yet) so I can't say for sure. I'm currently looking for a set of winter wheels/tires or at least tires, so I should be putting stock size on back soon...

Do you have a true sideshot of those? I am contemplating the 245/35/20's and 255/35/20's. The more tire I can have, the better, so the 255's are looking good to me.. If I go 255, neither of the 2 tires I was looking at will work, so I was contemplating the Nitto Motivos. They have good reviews and are made in the USA.

Here are a few shots of both sets. Not the best pictures. So I posted as many as I could find. Hope this helps.

Sentas 10a.jpg

Sentas 12a.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

%21cid__Lincoln_LS.jpg

side skirts with 01.jpg

darklshdr.jpg

Awesome pic!!! Looks like it should have been in the Lincoln LS brochure.

Here are a few shots of both sets. Not the best pictures. So I posted as many as I could find. Hope this helps.

Thank you. That helped.. I think I'm going to go with the 255's for sure.

Here's a 9 shot HDR I took today. Thought I'd do one last shoot before my wheels come so I have some ugly old pics to compare to :D

8227819753_d87674b4b3_b.jpg

9 shot hdr by MattWhidden,

8229248868_a930fb79af_c.jpg

front side by MattWhidden, on Flickr

Members online

Back