OEM THX/NAV to AVIC-X920BT install/hackstall w/ pics

That's fifty watts per channel, 200 Watts total. I doubt that many headunits can really do a full 200 watts, due to the cooling requirements. (Many that may say 200 Watts really mean 200 Watts peak and more like 20 Watts continuous.)

That said, I think that most headunits have enough power for most of us.

oh yeah definantly. i think my HU is 18w rms. but same can be said for the press release he posted stating "Four 50-watt amplifiers to power the door speakers." I assume that is 4ch. at 50watts max. Same as most HU's.

well that shall be the benchmark when i replace the speakers and subs. 600watts or go home!

Interesting... write up... Would not have worked for my Navigator though, as the amp is buried in the center console beneath the hvac controls. Here's what I did... I'm still waiting to install a 5 channel alpine amp to run it all.

Factory Radio Replacement Project - 2005 Navigator w/ THX

387557_2545758924410_1266894794_32948337_1608775220_n.jpg

oh yeah definantly. i think my HU is 18w rms. but same can be said for the press release he posted stating "Four 50-watt amplifiers to power the door speakers." I assume that is 4ch. at 50watts max. Same as most HU's.

Sorry, but you are very much wrong there. Have you even looked at that amp? It's big enough to believe that 200 Watts RMS total is a conservative rating.

Nope not yet, I won't be doing the install till Sunday. I guess ill.try both using/bypassing the amp and see how it sounds. Hopefully I don't confuse myself.

Nope not yet, I won't be doing the install till Sunday. I guess ill.try both using/bypassing the amp and see how it sounds. Hopefully I don't confuse myself.

The Amp's in the trunk on the side wall (driver's side), just takes a few seconds to pull the trim back and look at it.

Members online

Back