Not Speedstars. (New Rims)

stern yoshis? i just bought the same set but in the hyper black, silver. i dig 'em

yes, i was in a tug between the chrome and hyper black, do you have pics? I am interested in seeing them.

not my cup of tea..Would prob look better lowered..I have a thing about a/m rims on a stock level susp.

I like them! If the car was 1-2" lower then they would look perfect. :)

thats the lowest stock level it would go, it was about an inch higher ill have to lower it some more.

its good to here the look good from speedstar owner

Wow, thats sensor lowered already? Time for an ASHAM8! :D

ya its as low as it will go on the front unless I expand the slot or drill new holes. ill hit the rays switch and take some more pics.

i just used the other holes on the front brackets and i had 1.5 fingure clearence between fender and tire at ride level

Headlights are a winter project, along with plugs, new cop's, and new fuel pump.

I have other angles but it shows off my flaking bumper and unpolished headlights

Anyone have a black gen 2 bumper in Ohio???

Maybe it's just me eyes but in the first pic, it looks like you have LSC side mouldings and in the 2nd pic, it looks like there are painted chrome mouldings on the side. Does anyone else see this?

haa. painted base moulding. thanks for noticing.

i painted it when it was hot out, and when it got colder they shrunk and you can see a sliver of chrome on the very left most part of the moulding.

thanks they are damn cheap too if you live in cali, around $100 a rim.

not my thing but they dont look to bad when the car is lowered

you have mustang rims? I cant really tell from the small pic, I had the same but they were bent so I went with these, I like the look of these more but I need larger brakes as you can see everything.

make it solid black, the chrome on the tail lights looks funny..and the grill too if thats chrome, 2nd Gen doesnt wear chrome well IMO

the rims look nice, i personally prefer the speed-stars, but i will probably get the JY-dogs from customwheelshop.com

I was planning on going all black front and rear chrome, grill is already black whats the best way to paint the back chrome?

i'd mask, sand, prime, paint, clear it as you would anything else.. I've never had a prob doing it that way..Though some might suggest a certain primer.

I was planning on going all black front and rear chrome, grill is already black whats the best way to paint the back chrome?

paint...and do it all, dont do front black / rear chrome, thatll look extra silly..

also on those side moldings, if you take some extra time, you could just pull that chrome strip out of there,remove chrome sticker, paint it, and glue it back into place, not that difficult, the paint will stick better if the chrome is either gone ( which its been clear coated at factory ) and paint doesnt stick well to clear coat, or rough it up with some 1000 grit sand paper

they dont look bad, but your stock little brakes make them look like they dont belong. maybe all you need to do is get some caliper paint and paint the calipers that will make a huge difference. maybe a nice silver caliper would look nice, i am a sucker for blue ones though i like blue calipers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back