non driving mofo + LS = ?

Police report? Still just sucks.

There was a nice red '05ish LS locally on CL for $5k a while back.

man if you have the experience, fix it piece by piece. I hate to see these cars go. it could be a nice learning project too.

The curse is modern cars are designed to crumple and absorb any impact damage. I agree, I'd pop the metal off and see what it looks like underneath. The geometry of the impact from the description doesn't sound too bad but sadly the insurance Co. will probably kill it off to reduce any future liability.

If it were mine and the buyback wasn't too high I'd put it back together until something nicer comes along. Just don't give them the title before making a buyback deal to avoid any salvage title issues.

sadly the insurance Co. will probably kill it off to reduce any future liability.

???????????? The insurance company's only care is cost of repairs vs. value. Anything over ~70% and they will total the car. If a car is worth (wholesale) $5000 and the repairs are over ~$3000 they will just total the car. They don't want to be into the car for more than it's worth.

Glad you both are ok. Unfortunately it is a sign of the times. Most drivers out there just don't pay attention aand they don't use much caution when driving. To them a car is just a machine they use to get from place to place. I was so pissed at my gf when she was driving my car just last night. It was just subtle things that to her didn't matter like slowing down on approach to steep driveways or tall speed bumps. That stuff means alot to me. She just doesn't care about protecting the car and trying to keep it in good shape. Such an uncaring attitude about it all and she is the one that bought me the damn thing! Oh but let me leave that dish washing sponge in the sink and she will have a fricken fit!

Most "drivers" aren't drivers, they are operators. Poor driver's ed is partially to blame. I could go on and on about this.

Fortunately I taught my kids to be DRIVERS and NOT operators.

Damn it!!!!:mad: idiot driver. To angry to post what I really think. :mad:

Thanks guys
@Robot, lol
I might end up with another LS. Just praying insurance sees this accident how it really was, and not side with the other party because the were hit in the rear.

Make sure YOUR insurance company has a COMPLETE understanding of how this transpired. My sister was in a similar accident; operator turned right from the left turn lane and she hit his right rear. The only difference is her damage was on the right front. It looks like you almost cleared and was trying to avoid him.

Any witnesses?

No witnesses. The two other cars around us kept going (the car on my right she almost sideswiped)
I explained it clearly to mine and her insurance.
Unfortunately, no police report (i honestly didnt know and was not thinking clear at the time, blood was boiling)

LS4ME, youre right, i did try and avoid it. She was way too close (talking a split second)

Most "drivers" aren't drivers, they are operators. Poor driver's ed is partially to blame. I could go on and on about this.

Fortunately I taught my kids to be DRIVERS and NOT operators.

Bravo Bravo!

Get a dashcam :)

Might be working checking red light cameras or nearby stores?

Not good.

I know. Im hoping they use common sense. Her car was damn near at a 90 degree angle on a 3 lane road, stopped in my lane.

The more people i talk to i keep hearing fix it and keep it. I may do that if her insurance pays for her fk up. I know my car (for the last 75k miles) and im not always comfortable with getting a used car, no matter if they have papers or not.

wow did you take pics with your camera phone, most of us have smart phones and when in a accident the first thing I do is put it on video mode so it can capture me going out the car and I take a video of everything especially the other driver. you said you dropped full coverage right then I hope they see it your way.

Sooo sorry......

I'm sorry to hear about your accident but i'm glad your okay. Man these drivers out hear don't need a license. I had someone hit my car twice in the past 12 months just recently it was in a parking lot when I was at work. If they total it out and let you keep the car honestly I would try to find one similar and use yours for parts. Even though i'm fairly new to the site/Ls it wouldn't be the same with out you man. I would say give it some thought because you can always use parts from the old ls to fix your new one. (Food for thought) Once again i'm happy to see it wasn't any worse then it was and your still here with us. I hope it works out for you.

Glad you are ok. There was an accident right in front of my condo complex today where a someone hit a car and it ran off the road and hit a tree. One of the occupants of the car was pregnant. Of course it snowed here today (didn't stick because of rain) but these idiots in VA can't drive to save their life. This is why I really don't drive my car in inclement weather. Because if something like this happens, it can be all over with.

No pics of her car. I handled this all wrong, because i didnt know how to handle a car accident (first one where it caused damage)
These drivers around here suck. Theyre operators like ls4me said. if i was at fault, i wouldnt be so pissed because i would have no reason to. But this female went sideways into my lane, and want to blame me...dafuq man.
Now i know how it should be handled, if there is a next time

Dewan, i thought about that idea. Just waiting to see what would be the least expensive route

aaaand Hats off the world for another ******* who hits and runs in a parking lot.

I feel for you bro. I too was his recently (my 02) by a minivan. I was in the car. In a prking lot. As soon as I open my door (after being hit) ******* drives off through the parking lot, cutting off pedestrians. *sigh* Ill post picks later.

Again, sorry you have to bear this...

Dont know yet. The more i look at this one, the mpre it looks fixable

OP, your car is totaled for sure.
The question you need to ask yourself is how much longer can this car be a daily driver without major overhaul. i dont know the answer but i wouldnt bank on more than an additional 50k if youre already at 150k. even though it looks clean as hell, the useful life probably isnt there in my opinion.

If it were low mile and 03+ i would say buy it back and bolt on salvage parts but even then i would only recommend that if there is no frame damage where the front of the fender bolts on. i would guess that you are bent in there, not so bad that you couldnt get a fender on, but probably so bad that it will be difficult to get (and keep) a fender 'in spec' so that it does not rub on the door a bit. If you have any fender rub you are always gonna worry about your friends ripping your door open too fast and tearing your aluminum fender to shreds. i know from experience, GEICO totaled my LS (05 with 70k mi) and i bought it back and repaired it. just passed the highway patrol inspection last week. I didnt have any frame damage up front, just needed a new fender and headlight up there. the bumper cover is scraped but ok. the hood is tweaked slightly but i just sealed it with weather stripping til i find another or it breaks completely. dont forget to factor in all of the bolts that were weakened or broke and you cant see them. they will fail in rapid succession in the coming months and you will constantly be fcking with the car.

I would say due to your mileage you dont want to rebuild your current car. you would be better off buying a decent gen1 ls with a clean title, lowmiles, possibly some drivers side damage that can easily be fixed with bolt ons from your current parts. then buy back your current car and repair the new car with your good parts.

If i were you and I really wanted an LS I would buy a gen2 LS without a salvage title, buy your car back, part it out here.

I hear you on that. Im temped to fix it, but if i can get a decent priced gen 2, i definately would.
This waiting game is killing me. Im tired of bumming rides to get around.
Still praying all goes well!

:( jaaaaam, oooohhh jaaaaam!

CAM00449.jpg

:mad:

:mad: sorry bro but for sure thats totally same thing happen to me on my last 02 ls same damage as yours and they told no way to fix it so fu***ng mad at the old guy.

Thanks mex

Aviation, no not york rd. Those people are jerks tho. It happened on route 40 in rosedale/golden ring

Members online

No members online now.
Back