non driving mofo + LS = ?

dNyce LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Within an hour before this, i was in a great mood. cleaned the car, bought my wife her valentines stuff, etc.

CAM00425.jpg

Then someone decides to make a hard right turn on a 50mph road from the far left lane (i was going about 40ish)

CAM00426.jpg

CAM00429.jpg

CAM00430.jpg

CAM00434.jpg

CAM00435.jpg

CAM00436.jpg

CAM00437.jpg

CAM00438.jpg

I dont know yet. Waiting on the adjuster. Quite sure its totalled though. 150k miles almost.
Of course this happens after i just put money into the car (suspension, brakes, roof spoiler)

Do you still have those receipts? If so give a copy of them to the adjuster along with an estimate on how long it took to install each to increase the payout amount. Hope you had full coverage, if so and you have a decent insurance company they should go ahead and let you take care of the car rather than waiting on the other insurance company to decide they've held the money long enough. And, if the other insurance company gives you grief tell them to bugger off, that you're going to fix the car yourself and sue the other driver for the damages including your medical issues since you've had a stiff neck ever since the accident.

Incidentally, a sideways impact at speed is far more damaging than a header. My wife's accident (that led us to buy the LS) was where she was going under 40MPH and a woman pulled out of a parking lot into the road hitting her in the rear side. The damage to her mail truck was almost unnoticable, they didn't have to fix it to put the mail truck back in action, but the wife was another story as it resulted in a destroyed disk, a spinal fusion and years of pain to date. Get checked out, and if you feel like you pulled anything get a neurosurgeon to evaluate you. You don't want to be in the same boat my wife's in.

Good luck, and I hope that the only damage in this accident was with the car.

happened to my 2002 before it was totalled about 2 months later :mad:...happened New years eve 2011...guy tried to beat the light and turned in front of me, was doing about 20-30 'ish before slamming on the breaks... long story short $5,700 in damage and i got to keep it :) at the time 105k on the clock, super clean

2012-01-03_16-37-42_768.jpg

2012-01-03_16-37-31_353.jpg

2012-01-03_16-37-52_252.jpg

2012-01-03_16-38-11_525.jpg

Thanks guys.
Im ok. Other driver said she was ok.
I recently took full coverage off the car, unfortunately.
Im praying the insurance companies use common sense and see what really happened.

Make sure you actually look under the car and measure the control arms and such. Since it looks like it hit the wheel you could be all tweaked under there. Also pull the hood up and measure the supports and everything and compare to the factory shop manual. Of course they will probably just total it with the year and mileage on it like you said. Still, the above would give YOU some idea if you want to keep it assuming they have something like that.

That really SUCKS! It's too bad that with the lack of "value" and high cost and availability of parts they will probably total it. That's a real shame as the car has many years and miles left!

I hate to say it, but it looks like car shopping time....

wow that sucks, but most likely they will total it the headlights alone are 600 and if they are HID OEM that's 1800 when my car got vandalized the two headlights where enough to total the car.

I am really upset that idiots still roam the streets en mass. I am even more upset to see a prime example of a great car destroyed by said idiot. Truthfully, I think it's time to start shopping. If you don't mind, what insurance do you have, just for reference?

Im with geico now. Wish i still had usaa.
I cant open the hood lol. Its jammed, and i dont want to fprce it open and break mpre of it befpre the adjuster sees it.
Ive neen looking online for another car. Id love another LS, but im on a budget, and just had my second son, so im going back and forth with an suv or another ls or similar

I really hate to see your car D. If you keep it, I have a front bumper cover, minus the tow hook cover you can get for the super low. Just pm me if you want it. Also has very good OEM fog lights with no haze on them.

@dNyce LS,

Damn, no more "Wesley Snipes Edition" LS
... sorry about your troubles man, hope it all works out for you and hope you still think of getting another LS.

Maybe buy this one back from the Insurance for parts.

Glad to hear you and your Valentine are ok.

~ chin up.

Sorry to hear and see this man.

Glad you both are ok. Unfortunately it is a sign of the times. Most drivers out there just don't pay attention aand they don't use much caution when driving. To them a car is just a machine they use to get from place to place. I was so pissed at my gf when she was driving my car just last night. It was just subtle things that to her didn't matter like slowing down on approach to steep driveways or tall speed bumps. That stuff means alot to me. She just doesn't care about protecting the car and trying to keep it in good shape. Such an uncaring attitude about it all and she is the one that bought me the damn thing! Oh but let me leave that dishwashing sponge in the sink and she will have a fricken fit!

Hate to see this happen to a fellow LS owner. What an asshole..

Well, at least you don't have to worry about selling it now. The downside is, our cars aren't worth much so there isn't much to use towards a new car.

Thanks guys
@Robot, lol
I might end up with another LS. Just praying insurance sees this accident how it really was, and not side with the other party because the were hit in the rear.

Members online

Back