New owner of the Lincoln LSx..........

I'm a newb. Is there a thread some where about the meet?

Figured it would be stickied in here.

Too many high school kids here! At least in attitude:D

It used to be that anyone who wanted to go fast realized that doing it right required effort. Hot Rod pioneers had to work at it in order to get results.

It's easy to simply go aftermarket. As I've suggested, you can spend three or four hundred bucks for a basic set-up and have over four hundred horsepower. But for real satisfaction, take what you have and develop it.

I've pulled from international road racing for such things as cams and a dry-sump system. Head development is on-going, using hand/air tools and a Superflow air-flow test bench. Custom pistons and connecting rods will do their part. And I'll end up with an original design combination that's daily-driveable and offers four digit horsepower and torque.

And without s h i t t i n g in the engine compartment.

KS

Last edited:
The Hot Rod Pioneers thing is dead and gone we have technology now-a-days and better platforms.

Still all the other engines I listed are so far above they get dizzy looking down.

Yeah, but unfortunately the LS engine isn't even close, so some aftermarket is better than none and I'm not talking about CAI :lol:

Yeah, but unfortunately the LS engine isn't even close, so some aftermarket is better than none and I'm not talking about CAI :lol:

I feel ya there ain't much for the mark, way more than the LS since some T-bird and cobra stuff works. Oh and when someone is talking about their modded whatever and the first thing they say is "Its got and cold air intake...." I usually tune the rest out. 8 times outta ten what I'm looking at is a hot air intake too.

Too many high school kids here! At least in attitude:D

I've pulled from international road racing for such things as cams and a dry-sump system. Head development is on-going, using hand/air tools and a Superflow air-flow test bench. Custom pistons and connecting rods will do their part. And I'll end up with an original design combination that's daily-driveable and offers four digit horsepower and torque.

And without s h i t t i n g in the engine compartment.

KS

Its cool that you have mad loot to blow on your daily. At least your not a dick about it.;) Other people want to go fast and don't have much cash. I can respect the time, money, effort that goes into any out the box hot rod. I think the OPs engine bay looks damn fine. Hot rodders have been swapping engines from other makes and models forever. I'm appalled that a hot rodder of your level of class would act so holier than thou toward other fellow hot rodders.

You guys have totally lost perspective. The LS was designed to be a sport sedan, not a drag car. The emphasis was on luxury, not speed. In 2003 the LS beat out the vaunted 540i in , IIRC, all but braking performance. At the time the LS was a top performer. There is no aftermarket nor will there ever be. Less than 300K total cars were built; what smart business is going to expend millions of dollars to develop performance parts for a car that was never meant for performance? This forum represents probably less than one tenth of one percent of total LS ownership. The LSes I've seen around here are mainly driven by "blue hairs". Even Lincoln dealers had no idea what the LS was. They marketed it as a baby Continental. Not only that, but the LS was dead from late 2003MY on. Why should Ford/Lincoln spend much needed cash to develop a car that was dead in a couple of years? There were big plans for the LS until Nasser went on a buying spree.

The LS isn't in "F" or Fox body. Never was designed to be.

Hot rodders have been swapping engines from other makes and models forever.

Until the advent of total electronic integration. Gone are the days of dropping any engine you want in any body. Computers are too invasive and control too much. If one doesn't mind creature features not working (i.e. gas gauge, climate control, air bags, ABS, etc.) then anything goes. Like I said earlier, this car can not be registered in CA for on-road use.

Its cool that you have mad loot to blow on your daily. At least your not a dick about it.;) Other people want to go fast and don't have much cash. I can respect the time, money, effort that goes into any out the box hot rod. I think the OPs engine bay looks damn fine. Hot rodders have been swapping engines from other makes and models forever. I'm appalled that a hot rodder of your level of class would act so holier than thou toward other fellow hot rodders.

Mad loot? The one-off part of the dry-sump (the pan) is fabricated for the cost of most of a day, a few fittings and some aluminium sheet stock.

It's Hot Rodding! Not the effort to shoe-horn in something that doesn't properly fit and, coming from government motors, is an insult to the lineage of the vehicle. At least the present owner didn't do it---he bought it.

Hot Rod parts such as rods and pistons cost very much the same no matter what engine you buy them for.

Going fast costs money---how fast do you want to go? (My own goal is 200+ in one mile from a standing start. With the same car I drive from Metro Detroit to northern Michigan!) And I'll have less cash in it than it would cost to buy the parts for your engine swap deal.

KS

Until the advent of total electronic integration. Gone are the days of dropping any engine you want in any body. Computers are too invasive and control too much. If one doesn't mind creature features not working (i.e. gas gauge, climate control, air bags, ABS, etc.) then anything goes. Like I said earlier, this car can not be registered in CA for on-road use.

Im sure some Pioneering hot rodder will find ways to fix these things. I also just read a three or four month old MM&FF with a 85 GT in California that had to swap over everything from his 03 Cobra to get it to pass emissions and such.

Mad loot? The one-off part of the dry-sump (the pan) is fabricated for the cost of most of a day, a few fittings and some aluminium sheet stock.

It's Hot Rodding! Not the effort to shoe-horn in something that doesn't properly fit and, coming from government motors, is an insult to the lineage of the vehicle. At least the present owner didn't do it---he bought it.

Hot Rod parts such as rods and pistons cost very much the same no matter what engine you buy them for.

Going fast costs money---how fast do you want to go? (My own goal is 200+ in one mile from a standing start. With the same car I drive from Metro Detroit to northern Michigan!) And I'll have less cash in it than it would cost to buy the parts for your engine swap deal.

KS
Well on the flip side not everyone has the skills or time to do one-off pieces. The LS1 seems to fit just fine in there. They make rods and pistons that are off the shelf pieces?

The LS is behind in its time motor wise. No matter what award it has won.

The Aluminator, 5.7 Hemi, SRT 6.1, GM has their LS* line, and hell even Toyota and Lexus had bad ass V8's out.

280hp at the crank was a undershot.

Most of those cars are cheaply made.

I will take my luxury, 280hp LS over any of those even if they came with 950hp at the rear wheels.

I'd bet any state that has emissions testing won't pass this swap.

Could be very true. Car will not run dirty, just not the stock engine. All states here around me just do the OBD11 plug in to check for compliance. No codes on then it passes.

Well on the flip side not everyone has the skills or time to do one-off pieces. The LS1 seems to fit just fine in there. They make rods and pistons that are off the shelf pieces?

So you go with an insult as an installation .

Because you can't do it yourself? The GRP rod blanks are forged to be used in Pro-Stock drag engines and finished to my requirements. The Ross pistons are done much the same way. The basic forgings are readily available. This level of quality will cost about the same no matter what engine they're for. And they're never finished 'shelf' items.

I don't seem to be getting across to some of you. The use of a chibrolet engine in a Lincoln is an insult. It's the equivalent of the village idiot wanting to screw your daughter. And some cretins say it should be alright because he has a big arm muscle. So the unwashed stand around and cheer while the rape takes place. :rolleyes:

KS

Because you can't do it yourself? The GRP rod blanks are forged to be used in Pro-Stock drag engines and finished to my requirements. The Ross pistons are done much the same way. The basic forgings are readily available. This level of quality will cost about the same no matter what engine they're for. And they're never finished 'shelf' items.

I don't seem to be getting across to some of you. The use of a chibrolet engine in a Lincoln is an insult. It's the equivalent of the village idiot wanting to screw your daughter. And some cretins say it should be alright because he has a big arm muscle. So the unwashed stand around and cheer while the rape takes place. :rolleyes:

KS

Is a chevy engine in a Ford an insult too? If so we might have a problem too. LOL

KS

Your smart yet retarded at the same time. You have a de-stroked jag motor and your talking about chevy engines being an insult. Do you actually believe your bullchit? I'm guessing your not sure til you finish typing. So because he has a chevy motor in a Lincoln that should have a Jag motor in your eyes he is the village idiot and the car is the daughter and we here at LVC are unwashed scum. I just wanna make sure that I got this right because if your were standing in front of me saying this, I would give you one these *holds up fist* right in your suck-hole.

Missouri will, and has twice already....lol

missouri, with the exception of st louis, is pretty chill on emissions and motor swaps really.

as long as it looks pretty stock, you'll be alright here.

KS

The point that you're getting across is that you're in denial... Open your eyes. There is no fitment issues; the motor mounts, oil pan, and trans mount are all top notch pieces on this car. Everything fit perfectly.
The truth here, is that you're doing it all wrong. There are hundreds of 1k HP lsx setups out there.....and you don't even have to custom order :q:q:q:q from England or whatever. More cubes just make more sense. Have fun with your gigabuck 4 power adder over-engineered Jaguar engine while I have fun with my Joe dirt backwoods knuckle dragger 12 second special that runs and drives right now....

Members online

No members online now.
Back