New owner of the Lincoln LSx..........

I have read a few post about your bad ass LS and why are there no pics of this car?

+1. I like time slips, and dyno sheets.

Just adjusted the throttle cable on my car. I'm actually getting wot now. Just ran 12.8 on some gps app on my phone. Spun like a mofo in 1st and 2nd. I guess being 30 degrees owns me right now.

Gotta do the homework

I have read a few post about your bad ass LS and why are there no pics of this car?

As I said up above there's an extended thread in the HP section titled, "Land Speed LS". Photos there.

For proof of performance you'll need to go to the ECTA website and look up the record in E/FCC. E Fuel Competition Coupe. You'll find that it's held by the Ben's Place Racing Team. Driver Ken Sheffer

KS

Engine Source

Yeah well we shouldint have jaguar engines in our cars Esther but it is what it is.

At the time, Ford owned Jaguar, Aston Martin, and Range Rover. It's therefore not unusual to find the same engine designs used in all four marques.

Who is Esther? :)

If you don't know history, the facts will sometimes bite you in the a s s.:D

KS

At the time, Ford owned Jaguar, Aston Martin, and Range Rover. It's therefore not unusual to find the same engine designs used in all four marques.

KS

Sure they did own them, but that still doesn't mean that it was a good idea.

I flipped through your build thread. I look forward to seeing the end product. Although, that is WAYYY more time, and money than I would want to put into this car lol. To each their own though... What are you going to do with the rear end?

Looking at the your record on that website...you did 140mph in 1 mile basically? Was that just all motor?

KS

I know history. That's irrelevant here anyways.

Doesn't mean it was right to use anything from premier auto group. So should we use Volvo engines too??

And I'm posting from my phone this website isn't mobile friendly.

If I knew someone that could stuff and lsx motor in my LS, I would do it also. That's all that the LS lacks, 350-400 in an LS would be awesome.

If I knew someone that could stuff and lsx motor in my LS, I would do it also. That's all that the LS lacks, 350-400 in an LS would be awesome.

With the mods since the dyno, my car should be between 380-390rwhp probably... I took it on some test passes last night in 30* weather. It was a SERIOUS surprise to me. It was spinning in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear lol. I reccomend the swap to anyone!!!1!!! LOL. I did run 12.8 on some GPS app on my phone. It has been consisten within a couple tenths on my other cars.

Muddled Thinking

I know history. That's irrelevant here anyways.

Doesn't mean it was right to use anything from premier auto group. So should we use Volvo engines too??

And I'm posting from my phone this website isn't mobile friendly.

Let's see---

We got this huge international manufacturing concern that owns the design and capacity to produce a small V-8 that's been designated one of the 'Best New...' engines of the year. Designed, from scratch as the powerplant for several upscale vehicles with price tags ranging up as high as $150K. Why is it, again, that it shouldn't be used? Is it too good for the LS in your view?

Let's see---

We got this huge international manufacturing concern that owns the design and capacity to produce a small V-8 that's been designated one of the 'Best New...' engines of the year. Designed, from scratch as the powerplant for several upscale vehicles with price tags ranging up as high as $150K. Why is it, again, that it shouldn't be used? Is it too good for the LS in your view?

It may be a great engine, but doesn't even make NEAR enough HP to satisfy my needs/wants.

The LS is behind in its time motor wise. No matter what award it has won.

The Aluminator, 5.7 Hemi, SRT 6.1, GM has their LS* line, and hell even Toyota and Lexus had bad ass V8's out.

280hp at the crank was a undershot.

Let's see---

My point is that the aftermarket for this series of engine is nowhere near that of the mod motors. We cant just go drop $7k and get a full whipple or kenne bell setup and hit the streets.

It makes decent power but im tired of having just that. I want more.

A lot of work and money needs to be spent to get it just a bit stronger. If everything from the stype-r swapped over and i found one wrecked local to me then id go with cash and buy it all right now and shut up.

It may be a great engine, but doesn't even make NEAR enough HP to satisfy my needs/wants.

I love my LS and just wish i could do more to it engine wise without having to spend a fortune.

The Aluminator, 5.7 Hemi, SRT 6.1, GM has their LS* line, and hell even Toyota and Lexus had bad ass V8's out.

I keep saying it should have came with the same engine the mustang gt of the corresponding year had.

I bet that thing got you in major trouble.

Must have had some major traction issues too. Id be afraid of fishtailing it all the time.

I bet that thing got you in major trouble.

Must have had some major traction issues too. Id be afraid of fishtailing it all the time.

It was fun... On the street tires, I could punch it at 50mph and it would go sideways as soon as it downshifted....good times. On the slicks it would hook, but it was sway back and forth at high speeds; it's just something you have to get used to when you run ET Drags lol. I honestly like the Lincoln better than the RX7...it's actually more fun to drive since it's a 6-speed. I really hope I can come up with the money for a set of heads for this thing. Another 40rwhp sounds like fun to me.;)

My girlfriend has an 06 GTO with the LS2 in it, and I accidentally spin the tires on that thing all the time. I am used to the LS which not only has hesitation in the throttle, but also has a b!tch engine. lol

I always tell her, her ride has the balls, and I have the looks.

One More Time

Not at the time the car was built. It was never intended for 'boy-racers'.

I find myself amused by those who buy a $40K car for $5K and then complain that it isn't all they want it to be. In the spirit of spending as little as possible, a $300-$400 spray set-up and a couple of hours of work and you have over 400 horsepower available. Or more if you're feelin' frisky. And for an additional $100 for a spare bottle you have an entire Saturday night of cruising at your disposal.

And you don't have to s h i t in the engine compartment. :D

KS

+1 Is there even really any aftermarket for the 3.9? And I am talking heads/cams and such. If someone says CAI I might loose it.

I find myself amused by those who buy a $40K car for $5K and then complain that it isn't all they want it to be. In the spirit of spending as little as possible, a $300-$400 spray set-up and a couple of hours of work and you have over 400 horsepower available. Or more if you're feelin' frisky. And for an additional $100 for a spare bottle you have an entire Saturday night of cruising at your disposal.

KS

I would rather s h i t in the engine compartment and have 400rwhp on tap at all times than have to dick with $5lb nitrous refills. Just saying... Plus, how long is it going to last on a 150 shot......?
At $300-$400 for a kit, how are you heating your bottles? Knuckle dragging torch style?

+1 Is there even really any aftermarket for the 3.9? And I am talking heads/cams and such. If someone says CAI I might loose it.

I dont know of any heads and these are some custom cams:

Lincoln LS Custom Cams - YouTube

KS

I wish my car cost 5K but it cost 3 times that.

I wouldint mind dropping 10K into the vehicle if it had the potential of a mod motor.

KS

You kinda sound like those douche canoes with there Hondas and NOS. You can spray anything and make it go fast. Big focking deal. The 3.9 is bastardized Jag motor and is the weak link here. You can make way more power for less money with a 4.6 mod or an LSx or a 5.7 HEMI. But hate on with your all Lincoln, Ford, Jaguar LS. Obviously the OP is doing something right, but he only has one hater and needs to figure out how to get to 15 before summer.

I respect him for what he has done to his LS but on the other end he is in denial about the weakness of the LS.

The LS V8 is like having a big dick and cant hold a load.

I like the look of the LS and thats where it stops. If my V8 blows LS1 or 2jz is taking its place.

I respect him for what he has done to his LS but on the other end he is in denial about the weakness of the LS.

The LS V8 is like having a big dick and cant hold a load.

I like the look of the LS and thats where it stops. If my V8 blows LS1 or 2jz is taking its place.

Some peeps can be extremely smart and idiots at the same time. I once had an argument with a law student about how if a jury finds you not guilty of a crime they cannot re-charge you for the same crime. He swore up and down that they could. Guess they hadn't covered double jeopardy yet.

CAI :shifty:

Apparently there might be someone working on heads for the ls, as well as other aftermarket parts to be able to push the engine further.

My girlfriend has an 06 GTO with the LS2 in it, and I accidentally spin the tires on that thing all the time. I am used to the LS which not only has hesitation in the throttle, but also has a b!tch engine. lol

I always tell her, her ride has the balls, and I have the looks.

:eek: Nice catch! Does she have a sister with a G8, mustang, str8 or of the sorts :rolleyes:

Apparently there might be someone working on heads for the ls, as well as other aftermarket parts to be able to push the engine further

Still all the other engines I listed are so far above they get dizzy looking down.

Peeps that get all out of shape about chebby engines in a ford or whatever are stupid as hell. All car makers buy other brand cars and rob ideas off them. Been doing so for many moons.

Members online

No members online now.
Back