New Member- Just bought a 2006 Lincoln LS V8 Sport

Rick1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey, what's up? I finally bought my LS-I've wanted one for awhle and got the one I want. The only thing I didn't get was the sunroof and heated seats, but I can live with that. I have all the owners manuals, CD. DVD and the original window sticker . It also has Bassini exhaust and I think someone put a chip in it or had a tune done. Here she is

photo.jpg Love this car

photo.jpg

Welcome to LVC.

Just so you know...all 06's were V8 sports. There are no 'chips' for the LS, only an SCT programmer can be used for a tune. What makes you think it has tune?

Its a beautiful looking car and I bet it sounds nice with the Bassani mufflers. Is it just the mufflers or did the previous owner do a CAT back exhaust?

Hi thanks, The reason I think it's been tuned or altered is because I've driven a few of these and the shift points seem to be different. Very 'touchy' and sensitive. I know that all of the 8,000 or so 2006's were 'sports'. I wish I could make a video with sound so you guys could hear the exhaust-it's awesome.

I have the original Maroney sticker with all the options and dealer add-ons. It's got advance trac, traction control, side curtain airbags as options. I don't know where the spoiler came from, but it's nice and the finish is perfect.

Yeah, I know-it's missing a lot of stuff-Navi, heated-a/c seats, THX, sunroof but I don't care!

Yeah, I know-it's missing ...... heated-a/c seats........

Are you sure? I thought all the '06's had heated/cooled seats....... Although, been wrong before; just ask my wife!!!!! :)

Are you sure? I thought all the '06's had heated/cooled seats....... Although, been wrong before; just ask my wife!!!!! :)

I could swear that I saw some that didn't back when I got my 06.

Beautiful car....and perfect color! When I was searching out mine, it had to be black.

McClaren Grille 2.jpg

McClaren Grille 2.jpg

Here's a shot of the inside-is the trim supposed to be woodgrain? I don't know if someone put in a kit or if this is standard in 06 or with black leather interior. There is 'carbon' tape on the shifter console that doesn't show up very well in this picphoto (4).JPGphoto 1.jpgphoto 3.jpg

photo (4).JPG

photo 1.jpg

photo 3.jpg

No wood grain. It was an option that yours is missing. But the carbon tape is an add on someone did.

looks real nice! I just picked up an'06 myself, ill be posting pictures soon!

I guess they made a few "stripper" '06's. The non-perforated seats are a giveaway for not having heat/cooling.

Nice car, I was under the impression that all LS's had sunroofs. Guess I learn something every day. Welcome to LVC, and if you want a sunroof, I'll trade you my '03 lol

Nice car, I was under the impression that all LS's had sunroofs. Guess I learn something every day. Welcome to LVC, and if you want a sunroof, I'll trade you my '03 lol
Thanks anyways-but I don't need it anyways-I'm in Fl and sunroofs roast your skull at lights

I guess they made a few "stripper" '06's. The non-perforated seats are a giveaway for not having heat/cooling.

I manage a used car dealership in Orlando and we've sold probably 6-7 LS's over the last year and most LS's I see at the auctions have holes/tears in the perforations under 2004. It's a problem down here with the heat. When I saw this 'stripped' model with the performance mods, I just had to buy it for myself

Welcome to LVC.

Just so you know...all 06's were V8 sports. There are no 'chips' for the LS, only an SCT programmer can be used for a tune. What makes you think it has tune?

Its a beautiful looking car and I bet it sounds nice with the Bassani mufflers. Is it just the mufflers or did the previous owner do a CAT back exhaust?
Catback-the sound is subdued but throaty. It gets louder when you whomp it. I need to find a cold-air kit for it-it's confusing after reading the forum if this is a possibility

Search for the K&N intake kit for the 03-05 Ford Thunderbird. It fits the 03-06 LS. I think Kurtz Kustoms also makes one for the 03-06 LS but its not the whole intake tube and heatshield like the K&N kit.

Thanks! It's kinda confusing as I just got started looking for stuff. There doesn't seem to be a lot of aftermarket c/a intakes available. I still think this car has been flashed or had some sort of tune put on. I haven't run a diag on it ( and prob won't) to find out for sure. It runs like a scaleded dog. By far the fastest LS I've ever driven and I've driven probably 10-12 as we like the cars for retail at my dealership

Members online

No members online now.
Back