New Member- Just bought a 2006 Lincoln LS V8 Sport

My '06 is a stripper LS. It's missing the sunroof, heated/cooled seats, NAV/THX, HID, wood-grain inserts, and advancetrak. On the more interesting side it also does not have any folding mirrors which I am told is somewhat of an oddity for a Gen2.

The '06 seems to have a slightly different exhaust note compared to other Gen2's from the few I've driven. No real comment on shift points as I never drove any that hard. Mine shifts pretty good but always early. It will be in 5th gear at 40mph unless I have my foot in it. SST shifts firm with about a 2-second delay.

I need to get a spoiler.

Just as an FYI - the intake isn't worth the cost IMO - well maybe it is for the lifetime filter, but you get no HP or MPG gain just a lot louder noise.

damn kumba i never knew a 06 could lack all that , what spoiler are you thinkin of getting
I spent 90 on my custom intake and love the sound

Just as an FYI - the intake isn't worth the cost IMO - well maybe it is for the lifetime filter, but you get no HP or MPG gain just a lot louder noise.

They advertise 15hp at 6K-rpm if you get the 57-series typhoon one. It won't be much other then noise at normal driving speeds (less then 3K-rpm).

damn kumba i never knew a 06 could lack all that , what spoiler are you thinkin of getting
I spent 90 on my custom intake and love the sound

Yeah, it's somewhat of an oddity but is exactly what I wanted. About the only thing I would have liked is HID and the THX audio. I was thinking of the wings west spoiler or the Gen1 spoiler.

I manage a used car dealership in Orlando and we've sold probably 6-7 LS's over the last year and most LS's I see at the auctions have holes/tears in the perforations under 2004. It's a problem down here with the heat. When I saw this 'stripped' model with the performance mods, I just had to buy it for myself

A "stripper" LS is still a much better buy than just about anything else in it's price range.

Thanks! It's kinda confusing as I just got started looking for stuff. There doesn't seem to be a lot of aftermarket c/a intakes available. I still think this car has been flashed or had some sort of tune put on. I haven't run a diag on it ( and prob won't) to find out for sure. It runs like a scaleded dog. By far the fastest LS I've ever driven and I've driven probably 10-12 as we like the cars for retail at my dealership

Man, don't get them started! I was just like you when I got my 2006 that was very well taken care of. I am still afraid to put the hammer down on city streets. Things just happen too quickly. Just enjoy your very nicely running LS and remember not having that extra stuff on it means less weight. At this level 100 lbs = roughly 10 hp.

What size are your tires? Nice ride!

We're getting enough Florida LS members that we need to have a meet while those northerners still got snow on the ground.

We're getting enough Florida LS members that we need to have a meet while those northerners still got snow on the ground.

Man, I hear that! We should gather out stripper LSes and grab some strippers from the clubs and tnvkfokx,,,x,fhfknr ..oh never mind man, I was just told I couldn't do that.

My '06 is a stripper LS. It's missing the sunroof, heated/cooled seats, NAV/THX, HID, wood-grain inserts, and advancetrak. On the more interesting side it also does not have any folding mirrors which I am told is somewhat of an oddity for a Gen2.

The '06 seems to have a slightly different exhaust note compared to other Gen2's from the few I've driven. No real comment on shift points as I never drove any that hard. Mine shifts pretty good but always early. It will be in 5th gear at 40mph unless I have my foot in it. SST shifts firm with about a 2-second delay.

I need to get a spoiler.

I have noticed a different exhaust note when I got mine as well. It was almost like a wild animal trying to get out. Another thing I noticed was if I floored it gently, the performance didn't seem to be there but, if I slammed my foot to the floor, is like a total animal and sounds like a Rousch built engine. Strange.

I have noticed a different exhaust note when I got mine as well. It was almost like a wild animal trying to get out. Another thing I noticed was if I floored it gently, the performance didn't seem to be there but, if I slammed my foot to the floor, is like a total animal and sounds like a Rousch built engine. Strange.

Mine growls under load. It only really goes quiet at cruise. When you floor it it does have a nice performance tone to it.

lincoln parts guy at dealership (after talking to many, i could tell he is a guy who would know) said all 05s and 06s were a-la-cart... he said they would make them with whatever options the buyer wanted.

the non-perf gen 2 seats look good, but i bet in florida i would never ever have to use the heat with heated seats. and cooled seats are not perfect but they help some...

the shift points can be changed without a tuner quite quickly, it is just a detailed process. it involves clearing the keep alive memory (kam) and following certain procedures to reset it (and shift points) to your liking. i would not recommend doing it unless your shifts are so bad that they are hurting your transmission or you otherwise have to do it to complete a repair. most people are not quite detailed enough to follow the directions, which are a bit extensive and require creativity and likely the breaking of traffic laws unless youre on a good 4 lane road with minimal traffic and traffic signs/ control devices. you can get it to shift any way you want when its in its adaptive learning mode. mine is configured to 3 different strategies which i use on a regular basis: 1. as hard as it can go, 2. easy bc theres a woman or customer in the car, 3. normal for me (a step below as hard as it can go)

i have read that the select shift trans (sst) can be used to change shift strategy too, but that source was a member here and not the shop manual. i dont have sst to verify

I guess they made a few "stripper" '06's. The non-perforated seats are a giveaway for not having heat/cooling.

Hey, that's a topic that needs revisiting. It made me think about something.

With the closing of the Wixom plant, how many orphaned parts were left in the bin with nowhere to go? My car has perforated seats in front as I have heated/cooled in front. I don't in the back but the seats in the back are perforated. Are perforated seats normal in the back when you have them in the front? View attachment 828465841View attachment 828465842

There are a few more things. I have the optional paint Cashmere CC Tri-Coat. I tell everyone its Cashmere Tri-Coat Metallic on here so I bet some people think I'm full of crap. I have seen Cashmere CC Tri-Coat on other LSes and it looks different. What I have looks like what they put on that limited edition T-Bird that changes with different light. There is an LS driven by an old lady near me that has the same color and she is too quick for me to catch her.

Look on my sticker and you can clearly see it says Perforated Leather Front Seats at No Charge. It doesn't say anything about rear seats.View attachment 828465843

Hey Robot-I thought the 5 spoke chrome wheels were a Gen i thing?---. I read that on here. I saw two LS's at an auction today. One was an 05 with 6 spoke chrome and one was an 02 with 5 spoke chrome. I was told that there was 11 different patterns to choose from at one point with the car. The 05 had Navi ( wanted it!) and the 02 had heated and a/c seats. The 05 was your color~

lincoln parts guy at dealership (after talking to many, i could tell he is a guy who would know) said all 05s and 06s were a-la-cart... he said they would make them with whatever options the buyer wanted.

the non-perf gen 2 seats look good, but i bet in florida i would never ever have to use the heat with heated seats. and cooled seats are not perfect but they help some..

the shift points can be changed without a tuner quite quickly, it is just a detailed process. it involves clearing the keep alive memory (kam) and following certain procedures to reset it (and shift points) to your liking. i would not recommend doing it unless your shifts are so bad that they are hurting your transmission or you otherwise have to do it to complete a repair. most people are not quite detailed enough to follow the directions, which are a bit extensive and require creativity and likely the breaking of traffic laws unless youre on a good 4 lane road with minimal traffic and traffic signs/ control devices. you can get it to shift any way you want when its in its adaptive learning mode. mine is configured to 3 different strategies which i use on a regular basis: 1. as hard as it can go, 2. easy bc theres a woman or customer in the car, 3. normal for me (a step below as hard as it can go)

i have read that the select shift trans (sst) can be used to change shift strategy too, but that source was a member here and not the shop manual. i dont have sst to verify
. Hey Jrand- HOW do you 'teach' you trans to adapt to your style?. I read that if you unhook the battery that the car has to 'relearn' it's idle pattern, the a/c has to be 'taught' also.I'm almost sure someone has messed with the cpu or flashed it or something because I can 'shift with my foot' or let it go thru it's pattern. The 1-2-3 shifts occur quickly if I don't feather my foot and when I go WOT the shift points are at about 6,000 rpm

On a side note-now that I've had a week or so to drive it ( only at nights-I get a different car every day to take home) this LS is MUCH faster and louder than any I've driven. Since I've wanted one for about a year since I drove my first one, I've kinda taken mental note of each of them that I drove. Beyond the huge difference in power and acceleration from gen1-gen2 , my car is an absolute beast at WOT and unless I'm a moron, there is definitely something 'different' about this car at wot. I turn off the trac/adv trac and stomp it at around 25-30mph and this car lights the tires up. I did it last night and it pitched to the left because of wheel spin. With the Bassini exhaust it sounds magnificent.

Hey Robot-I thought the 5 spoke chrome wheels were a Gen i thing?---. I read that on here. I saw two LS's at an auction today. One was an 05 with 6 spoke chrome and one was an 02 with 5 spoke chrome. I was told that there was 11 different patterns to choose from at one point with the car. The 05 had Navi ( wanted it!) and the 02 had heated and a/c seats. The 05 was your color~

SOOOOOOO much misinformation out there. There were 3 "styles" of 5-spoke wheels for the first gens, V6 & V8; the second gens had a chrome (8-spoke) and a non-chrome (7/14-spoke) for, IIRC, '03-'05, a 7-spoke chrome for the '04 & '05 LSE (also used on the T'Bird), the second gen V6 had chrome or painted 11-spoke and the 5-spoke chrome and painted wheel for the '06. There was never a 6-spoke LS wheel.As all the wheels are interchangeable and quite a few Jag wheels fit, one can't really use wheels to determine year.

The only thing the trans "learns" is shift pressures. Drive it hard all the time and you'll get firmer shifts. Drive it like Grandma and you'll get easier shifts. I know a certain, nameless, individual will disagree with me (I won't know as I don't see his posts), but this info comes DIRECTLY from the person responsibly for the LSes transmission calibration. The A/C learns nothing.

Nice LS and welcome.

Good to see some new members coming aboard with plans to mod.

Cooled seats basically do enough to keep your crack from sweating. Heated option is amazing, but yes FL has rough life when it comes to weather do you probably wouldn't use those.

Nice LS and welcome.

Good to see some new members coming aboard with plans to mod.

Cooled seats basically do enough to keep your crack from sweating. Heated option is amazing, but yes FL has rough life when it comes to weather do you probably wouldn't use those.

Mine do more than that. Maybe your seat filters are clogged????

Yea, I think they are definitely in need of replacement. Also whenever a heavier person sits in my passenger seat, the heating element fails. (most likely damaged connection)

Yea, I think they are definitely in need of replacement. Also whenever a heavier person sits in my passenger seat, the heating element fails. (most likely damaged connection)

I don't think your connection is damaged, I think that's normal. Whenever my sister gets in the car (even tho shes a stick - she sits awkwardly with her knees up against the dash and her butt on the edge of the seat) and this causes the heated seat to stop working. I think it has a weight/distribution limit.

if you suspect there is some tuner on it i would (personally) not mess with it until you know for sure and know how to fix that if this process resets it as well but here goes:

before you do anything, you probably want to make sure that everything on the car is clean/well maintained/within spec bc the kam can mask things that should probably be maintained or replaced... so without the old kam data any unmaintained parts may start acting up significantly worse than before.

step 1 is to disconnect the battery and hold the + and - together for like 5 mins to wipe the kam.
step 2 is to follow the battery reconnect procedure found in the owners manual.
step 3 is to follow the drive cycle procedure found in the shop manual

the shop manual does not come with the car, but the relevant pages for a drive cycle procedure are posted on this forum somewhere. i know i have commented on them and referred to them multiple times so a quick perusal thru my old posts will help you find it with relative ease.

you want to follow the steps of the drive cycle and the battery reconnect procedure to a 't'. if you really want to see how adaptive the thing is, do the whole procedure while driving like grandma and then drive it for a week. then do the whole procedure again but instead of driving like grandma drive like a bat out of hell and you will see just how adaptive it is right after you disconnect a battery.

I don't think your connection is damaged, I think that's normal. Whenever my sister gets in the car (even tho shes a stick - she sits awkwardly with her knees up against the dash and her butt on the edge of the seat) and this causes the heated seat to stop working. I think it has a weight/distribution limit.

That happened to me once when my F-I-L got in. I think the duct gets slightly crushed. I just reached under the seat and manipulated the duct-work a little and it's worked fine ever since; about 5 years.

... Also whenever a heavier person sits in my passenger seat, the heating element fails. (most likely damaged connection)

There is no heating element in the gen II front seats. They use a Peltier module that is really a little solid-state heat pump. A small fan blows air over both sides of the modules (one for the seat bottom and one for the seat back). The air from one side blows through the cushion, and the air from the other side is exhausted under the seat. To switch from cooling to heating, the current to the module is reversed. This little heat pump is more efficient than the electric element used on the gen I, so it takes less power from the alternator. (This is supposed to be one of the reasons that the gen II could have an electric fan.)

Anyway, your problem is that the air duct in the seat bottom is being crushed, cutting off airflow and causing the module to overheat and shutdown. There is a TSB that describes how to modify the seat ducts to be more like the later design. I know that the 03 and 04 were subject to this problem, and that the 06s are a newer design that doesn't seem to have the problem. I'm not sure about the 05s.

Gotcha, I will have to get under there and mess with it then.

Thanks joe.

Members online

Back