New Member- Just bought a 2006 Lincoln LS V8 Sport

I turn off the trac/adv trac and stomp it at around 25-30mph and this car lights the tires up. I did it last night and it pitched to the left because of wheel spin. With the Bassini exhaust it sounds magnificent.

So, driving in a straight line at 25-30 MPH, in whatever gear you select, on dry pavement, you are saying the car lit up the tires enough to spin the car to the left? Also, what tires do you have on it? I'm trying to remember when my car had the stock crappy Michelins on it if it did that. I know they were pretty craptacular.

So, driving in a straight line at 25-30 MPH, in whatever gear you select, on dry pavement, you are saying the car lit up the tires enough to spin the car to the left? Also, what tires do you have on it? I'm trying to remember when my car had the stock crappy Michelins on it if it did that. I know they were pretty craptacular.
Yeah, they are crappy Falkens but if it goes into a 2/3 gear kickdown around 20-25 instead of 30, the tires break loose

Mine can do this in a straight line on dry coarse asphalt.
View attachment 828465912

I haven't been able to light up the tires on mine since I got rid of the stock Michelins. They were absolutely horrible. With the continentals I have on it now I can roll out maybe 10-feet at the most before it just hooks and goes. If I sling it hard around a turn or the pavement is wet that's a different story.

I haven't been able to light up the tires on mine since I got rid of the stock Michelins. They were absolutely horrible. With the continentals I have on it now I can roll out maybe 10-feet at the most before it just hooks and goes. If I sling it hard around a turn or the pavement is wet that's a different story.

Well, mine hooked up as well eventually. I had AdvanceTrac and Traction Control off. With everything left on, the throttle cuts out a whole bunch and its not worth getting on it hard at all until I get rolling.

Well, mine hooked up as well eventually. I had AdvanceTrac and Traction Control off. With everything left on, the throttle cuts out a whole bunch and its not worth getting on it hard at all until I get rolling.

Pssssstttttt. You have one or the other.......

On a side note-now that I've had a week or so to drive it ( only at nights-I get a different car every day to take home) this LS is MUCH faster and louder than any I've driven. Since I've wanted one for about a year since I drove my first one, I've kinda taken mental note of each of them that I drove. Beyond the huge difference in power and acceleration from gen1-gen2 , my car is an absolute beast at WOT and unless I'm a moron, there is definitely something 'different' about this car at wot. I turn off the trac/adv trac and stomp it at around 25-30mph and this car lights the tires up. I did it last night and it pitched to the left because of wheel spin. With the Bassini exhaust it sounds magnificent.

Nice!

dayum.jpg

dayum.jpg

You have one or both. You can't have advancetrac without traction control.

They are separate systems. AdvanceTrac can't be added to basic Traction Control by adding the sensors. The computer logic is different for each. They may use the same systems, but they use them differently; the way I understand it.

The stability assist system defaults to ON when the engine is started. The system does not activate when the vehicle is traveling in reverse. In reverse, ABS and traction control will continue to function as usual. The system uses ABS and traction control (including control of the engine) as well as its more advanced controls to enhance vehicle stability. The stability assist/traction control switch (ATS) allows the driver to control use of the stability assist system. This is independent of the ABS function, which cannot be switched off by the driver. The stability assist system status is indicated by a stability assist warning light in the stability assist/traction control switch. The illuminated stability assist/traction control switch indicates stability assist system is switched off. In vehicles with a message center, the message "ADVANCETRAC OFF" is displayed.

During a stability assist event you may experience any of the following behaviors, which are normal:

· a rumble or grinding sound much like ABS or traction control

· a small deceleration or a reduction in the acceleration of the vehicle

· the stability assist indicator will flash

The stability assist system continually monitors and checks all of the sensors and actuators used to improve the stability of the vehicle.
Some drivers may notice a slight movement of the brake pedal when the system checks itself.

^ Stability assist, aka: "ADVANCETRAC" adds to the already existing ABS and traction control.

They are separate systems. AdvanceTrac can't be added to basic Traction Control by adding the sensors. The computer logic is different for each. They may use the same systems, but they use them differently; the way I understand it.

That is true but the traction control component of the AdvanceTrac system is called traction enhancement and still works the same as traction control albeit somewhat better. When the AdvanceTrac system is integrated with this, it uses the differential braking on all fours, engine power reduction, and brake assist to maintain stability on slippery road surfaces and during emergency maneuvers. The AdvanceTrac portion can be disabled and after that, the traction enhancement can be disabled too. We had a discussion on the topic quite a while back on how to do this. IIRC, there were some people that had some difficulty getting it to work because the button would just stop responding.

The stability assist manages the interactions between the anti-lock, traction control, and engine control systems to optimize the vehicle traction during deceleration and acceleration. In addition, stability assist function modulates brake pressure during braking and nonbraking conditions as required to counteract excessive vehicle rotation while cornering.

......We had a discussion on the topic quite a while back on how to do this. IIRC, there were some people that had some difficulty getting it to work because the button would just stop responding.

Trust me; when I push the button on either of my '06's there is no traction/stability control at all. I can get sideways anytime I want!

Trust me; when I push the button on either of my '06's there is no traction/stability control at all. I can get sideways anytime I want!

I guess that's possible. It could be programmed out. With mine, I have a two step process. I push the button once and I still have traction control and then I push and hold for 5 seconds to disable everything.

I guess that's possible. It could be programmed out. With mine, I have a two step process. I push the button once and I still have traction control and then I push and hold for 5 seconds to disable everything.

Very strange as I have an earlyish and a late build '06.......

edit
What does the message center say when you do this? I push the button once and am told AdvanceTrac off......

On mine I just hit the fun button and suddenly I can go impersonate Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious.

Very strange as I have an earlyish and a late build '06.......

Well, the manual says its supposed to work that way. Either way I'm glad the system is there and working when I need it. It can be both fun and a life saver the way people drive around here.

On mine I just hit the fun button and suddenly I can go impersonate Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious.

Yeah, mine is one press only too, even though the manual says otherwise.

Ha ha, I turned mine off one time in the wet. I was on the on ramp of I-275 N Florida X16. I layed into it from a stop. I won't do that again! Scared the crap out of me. I might have to start carrying clean underwear in the glovebox again.

Well, I don't know what to tell you guys. I just did mine again with just one push and she went all out. Now, I'm confused. I am gonna check the brakes back there because I only got one wheel spinning where as before I got both. I know she is due. Another thing I was wondering is if it could have something to do with the climate conditions. Maybe it works differently depending on the temperature. Also, in the manual, it doesn't say push the button and hold it AFTER you push it the first time. So, maybe we are supposed to push and hold it the first time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back