New Mark VIII LSC owner

kaha

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Heya all!

Through a sheer fluke, I picked up a one-owner '96 LSC (black on black) for a good price. And I have to say that out of all the cars I've owned, this is the first one I've fallen in love with.

Been browsing these forums since; found out quickly about the low-beam HID issue (both shot, old couple that had the car just used their high-beams all the time), and thanks again to DLR for sending me those delrin adapters. Just got my HID set in today from VME. :D

So the world has gained yet another Mark VIII fan, and I'm glad to meet you all. :)

-Karl

Thanks, I'll try to get some pics tomorrow if the weather's decent.
Clearcoat was shot, but it didn't have a ding in it. Took it to my trusted mechanics, they gave it a thorough going over, and said it was in great shape. Even the rear airbags.
Sadly, I woke up one morning to find that one of the teenagers that live at the Animal House across the street had backed into it, and caved in the driver's door. Can't prove who did it, cops didn't even go over and talk to them (typical Butte), so I get to eat that one.
Located a door in Helena, in great shape. Will pick it up as soon as I have money in the bank again (seasonal lay-off sucks).
Then to make matters even better, I closed the moonroof to use the carwash, and it bound and the glass popped. Found out it was because the middle mounting screw on the driver side had worked its way out, and the unit came down crookedly. :(

Trial by fire, lemme tell ya. :D

Hopefully will be back at work soon, then I can pick up the door and go on the prowl for a replacement moonroof. Right now it's got heavy sheet vinyl taped over it and looks like ass.

But I will put up some pictures; just for the sake of an eventual Before and After, heh.

Welcome to LVC! Get your luck turned around on that car quick!!

Welcome to teh site. I think your car is cursed. Should just give it to me. :D

Well sometimes, like yesterday, I feel like Laser's black cloud drifted over to me here in NY. I'm hoping it passes today with the rain. It always gets around.

hehehe, okay you guys rock!

Took my baby into the hills near here and snapped a couple pics. NO, I did *not* get any shots of the caved in driver's door, it's just too damn depressing. :D

Lessee if I can do this right...

LSC-1.jpg

And one from the side. The, um... better side. :D

LSC-2.jpg

It's a sweet ride and I love it. Needs some paint and TLC.
And a door (damn kids)
And a moonroof.

No it ain't cursed, it's testing my devotion. :D

Wow, those wheels suck. I hope they are just winter tires.

Whats all that white stuff on the ground?

Wow, those wheels suck. I hope they are just winter tires.

Whats all that white stuff on the ground?

Yeah they do. They're not even alloy, they're plastic hubcaps. :eek: I have no idea what's up with that, but I do know they ain't staying on it.

Not sure about that white stuff either. :confused: It's cold and it falls outta the sky here every year, and it makes it really hard to keep a car looking decent. Serves no useful purpose that I can determine, and it's really slippery. Slipped and almost busted my azz twice while taking those pics.

Yeah they do. They're not even alloy, they're plastic hubcaps. :eek: I have no idea what's up with that, but I do know they ain't staying on it.

Not sure about that white stuff either. :confused: It's cold and it falls outta the sky here every year, and it makes it really hard to keep a car looking decent. Serves no useful purpose that I can determine, and it's really slippery. Slipped and almost busted my azz twice while taking those pics.
:lol: I didnt even notice the 6 lugs. :lol:

Huh, I dont think I ever saw a Mark with hubcaps. Too bad you dont live closer. Id throw ya a set of snoflakes to put on it. Im sure someone on here lives close and has a set they were about to throw away.

Sorry to hear about the door. Roof sux too. :(

:lol: I didnt even notice the 6 lugs. :lol:

Huh, I dont think I ever saw a Mark with hubcaps. Too bad you dont live closer. Id throw ya a set of snoflakes to put on it. Im sure someone on here lives close and has a set they were about to throw away.

Sorry to hear about the door. Roof sux too. :(

That'd be awesome! Never know, maybe somebody has a set of non-stupid-looking wheels just takin up space in the garage.

Moonroof was my fault. Door had me almost ready to head across the street with a bat and commit a horrendous crime. Got her parked off-street now (I know, barn door, horses)... :D

Members online

Back