New Lights & Rings + Full 6000K Front

If they're 6000k they should be a crystal white with a slight tint of blue to them. That looks like 4300k to me.
even my 5000k osram's are a pure white
And yeah the umnitza rings do look purple, that's why I'm not installing them on this car. If they came in 5000k I would.

From my research in HID bulbs the only way to come across legitimate 6000k Philips or Sylvania bulbs is to order them from an Asian market on Amazon or eBay which sounds too extreme to be true. Like you mentioned there is a lot of "rebased" bulbs and fakes online and it's mildly disappointing. I wasn't going to spend the time or money in going that route so I had to settle although I'm happy with the bulbs I've purchased.

If it were me I'd think I bought fakes; 4300k and 6000k is a noticeable difference out of the box. Take a look at the wall pic below, that was the difference between OEM 4300k and an a/m 6000k bulb when I swapped mine. The only other reason they might be a close match is that the older bulb burned into more of a 5000k+. I remember reading that over time the bulb burns whiter.

DSCN0650.jpg

I have some 6000k HID bulbs from ddmtuning and they were really blue. Way too blue for me so I went back to stock. Something is wrong with the ones you got.

My rings do look purple. Expecially in pictures.

I have had similar problems with my HID's and rings.

Ordered cheap fleabay bulbs (6K) and was satisfied with them and their color and with my old style VLED fogs match. Fast forward over a year and one headlight went out, so I ordered some more expensive bulbs of Amazon and the color is pure white, almost yellowish, without a blue tinge. Same thing happened with my 6k VLED Hid's in my fogs (Had replaced LED fogs twice and went HID for longevity). They were never a very good match for my rings. I eventually went back to 6k LED fog bulbs (Newer VLED style) and those are not a good angel eye 6k match either.

Overall I think the rings do have a slight purple tint to them and are not a true 6K like Lightwurkz claims, especially in photos (you need to adjust the white balance in a photo editor).

Members online

No members online now.
Back