New Gen 1 Headlight Solution !!!!!

newviiiowner

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all you GEN 1 owners with brown, crusty, burned up, fogged up, yellowed over headlights, I have found a person that will take your old lights as cores and replace them with totally restored (INSIDE AND OUT) and BEAUTIFUL original GEN 1 housings at a totally reasonable cost. Please check out his latest E-Bay add and e-mail him for all the details. I DID!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200058631578&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

That is the guy who does the $600 HID conversion for factory HID cars...

He doesn't say anything about the burned up reflectors inside the housing.

I think that that's the real problem. Anyone can refinish the outside of the lens.

Would you post his emails to you, so we can read them. According to his auction, they just polish the lenses and then spray a clear sealer on them. Says nothing about removing the lenses and recoating the inside.

MORE INFO - From the horses mouth - so to speak

Well here is the answer to the e-mail I sent him. He DOES seperate the lense and relflector AND re-work the ENTIRE housing back to DAY ONE factory. So.....Not too shabby huh?????

Actual e-mail...
Mr. crawford,
Our headlight restoration process is 2 part. First, the exterior is wetsanded, usually removing about 2-3 mil's from the face of the headlight.
Then the light is machine polished and coated with teflon sealant to prevent future fading. The 2nd part, usually required on about 50% of the gen. one marks, is to seperate the lense from the housing. Once the headlight is seperated, the inside reflector is refinished, and the rust stains are removed. If needed, the reflective material is re-done. After that the light is sealed together with clear permanent sealant, which gauruntees any future condensation inside. I hope this answers your question.
thanks for the interest

Let me hear ya......

David Crawford

Even more.....

The deal is guys, you buy 2 rebuilt ones from him and then when you get them, you send him yours as a core. That gives him 2 to rebuild for the next fellow.

So what do ya'll think?????

DWC

Not a bad idea, however I'd like to know how long the new reflective material is supposed to last..

Oh and for $100+ a side I'll do it myself.

that light in his auction picture still doesn't look as good as my new ones. I would much rather spend $400 on two brand new lights directly from ford!

I feel the same way. $400 for two new ones would be better than two used ones that will never be as good as new. However, I were to sell my Mark and IF it had bad lights, it may be worth the $200 to get the car to sell better.

Dont be a woman and do it yourself. The satisfaction is priceless.

Nope, I don't do anything mark VIII related anymore. Living by myself and going through a divorce takes up enough of my time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back