My new LSE

wow can't believe i didn't see your exhaust set up before.

Any pics of how the cats look under there?

also does it matter where the x-pipe is? my guy welded mine further down (closer to the mufflers).

Great work! Your car has come a LONG way.

Thanks. Its been a long road and it keeps getting longer!

wow can't believe i didn't see your exhaust set up before.

Any pics of how the cats look under there?

also does it matter where the x-pipe is? my guy welded mine further down (closer to the mufflers).

I dont have any pics of the CATS but next time I'm underneath the car I will take a few.

I dont think the location matters on the X-pipe but I'm no expert. If I decide to re-do my exhaust (which I am considering...with stainless steel pipe) I will do a custom X-pipe that goes straight into X the coming out of the bends that turn in towards the middle after the transmission. If that makes any sense. That will eliminate 2 bends in the piping. I will also go with the Bassani mufflers. The Magnaflows sound ok but I like the Bassani's better. I will also lose the resonators.

oh ok cool...def go without resonators. You should try removing them now, you might like the magnaflows better, before you go to bassanis although i recommend them lol

I'm car is in the process of getting the thunderbolts put in...thanks for the help with that by the way.

But I decided to take it to my regular mechanic to save some $$$, since hes my friend, instead of my exhaust guy, and im regretting it hardcore LOL

I guess hes having trouble with it, its been over a week and I still don't have my car back :/

I've been dreaming about her

Looks great!!!

oh ok cool...def go without resonators. You should try removing them now, you might like the magnaflows better, before you go to bassanis although i recommend them lol

I'm car is in the process of getting the thunderbolts put in...thanks for the help with that by the way.

But I decided to take it to my regular mechanic to save some $$$, since hes my friend, instead of my exhaust guy, and im regretting it hardcore LOL

I guess hes having trouble with it, its been over a week and I still don't have my car back :/

I've been dreaming about her

Painful isn't it :p

Hite, great choices at every turn. Your car is on point in my book every day of the week. Just spent some time going back from when this thread began. Very cool to see you give the car a 2nd life.

Damn....it just looks good.

thats a good lookin car Hite!
im not really a fan of two tone caliper/brackets, but they look great in the pic of it rolling down the road

You have a good point. I may do that first to see how I like it.

No problem

I can see how he'd have trouble. I had to trim the thunderbolts quite a bit to get them to fit in the factory location. It was very tricky because there isnt very much room to work with before the pipe turns horizontal. I welded some bracket to my shop table holding the factory CATs and pipe steady and then I cut out the factory CATs. Then I had to piece in the thunderbolts to fit the two ends of the factory pipe. This is what I had to do because I dont have a lift or a welder at home. It worked out pretty well.

very nice bro looks really good

Looks great!!!

Thanks guys.

Hite, great choices at every turn. Your car is on point in my book every day of the week. Just spent some time going back from when this thread began. Very cool to see you give the car a 2nd life.

Damn....it just looks good.

My favorite part of this thread is the before and after pics of the engine bay.

thats a good lookin car Hite!
im not really a fan of two tone caliper/brackets, but they look great in the pic of it rolling down the road

I thought that looked pretty cool myself. RollinLS took that pic in STL.

It would have been cool to have have the remaining LS'es somewhat staggered in the mirror. Hell of a shot regardless.

Sweet ride Lee ... has come a long way.

Hope you don't mind but I'm taking notes and getting schooled here.

Hey man, just checked out this entire thread. I hadn't seen it before but holy **** am I impressed with the amount of work you put into your car, I wish I could do the same. I envy you sir. Great ride.

Hey man, just checked out this entire thread. I hadn't seen it before but holy **** am I impressed with the amount of work you put into your car, I wish I could do the same. I envy you sir. Great ride.

Thanks! Its been a long road and I have alot more left to do. My favorite part of this thread is the before and after engine bay pics. Very dramatic difference.

Thanks! Its been a long road and I have alot more left to do. My favorite part of this thread is the before and after engine bay pics. Very dramatic difference.

Yeah thats for sure, very impressive. Id eventually like to do it i just did a little bit myself tried to get some of the plastics cleaned up under the hood, and knock off some of the haze on the headlights. I found out that i actually have to go through the whole sanding process with it but its gonna have to wait. Not really in any position to do any work on the car being on this base. Bottom line, you've inspired me to get myself in gear with cleaning the interior of the car.

Glad to be an inspiration. Take your time with that LS. I haven't seen many that color and it would look sweet with some tint, wheels and a drop!

Never got to look through this entire thread before, but I am very impressed Hite! Great work my friend.

How did you black out the window trim?

How are those Mevotech rear links doing? I need to replace my rear links.

I blacked the window trim with half inch black pinstripe. I got some cheap crap that's peeling off. I will redo it with some 3M stuff soon.

The Mevotech links are doing very good so far

I blacked the window trim with half inch black pinstripe. I got some cheap crap that's peeling off. I will redo it with some 3M stuff soon.

Use Plastic dip on the window trim, You can peel off if you don't like it. Easy to apply and durable, even for the car wash. See the plasti dip section in this forum.

Use Plastic dip on the window trim, You can peel off if you don't like it. Easy to apply and durable, even for the car wash. See the plasti dip section in this forum.

I have tried that and I didnt like the results. The finish was not durable at all. It would leave black stuff on my hand and you could see my finger prints in it. Not the look I am going for. I will be doing some body work this winter/spring and I will have the chrome painted black when the car is being painted. I will use a 3m product for now. And I dont use a car wash, I wash my car by hand only.

Glad to be an inspiration. Take your time with that LS. I haven't seen many that color and it would look sweet with some tint, wheels and a drop!

Yeah thats definitely the first thing on my list is probably going to be the first to get the tint maybe 5% id like it dark and i dont think 15 is quite dark enough. Then the Sentas and then lower it when i can afford those.

Is there a reason why you chose the Mevotechs instead of like Moog or Motorcraft? I bought the Motorcrafts for the front last year.

Thanks for those coil cover screws btw. I thanked you in my thread, but just wanted to make sure you got the thanks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back