My new LSE

I dare one of you to wear a red 2 piece leather suit to the Nationals. Oh yeah, a gold chain and gold watch. I will refrain from asking either of you to pull off a Jheri Curl and do the Mr. t joke. LOL.

One of my favs: Aunt Bunny is a Bigfoot. She can't climb a flight of stairs. I bet she climbs the f@#k out of a tree.

One of my favs: Aunt Bunny is a Bigfoot. She can't climb a flight of stairs. I bet she climbs the f@#k out of a tree.

LMFAO....."GUS, GUS, GUS...Every year your burn down the backyard, every Fin year, why does the fire have to be so big... we aint cooking M.F.in brontosaurus burgers "

Well bad news today, I took my 19" Mille Miglia EV-R's to a wheel guy today and one of them is bent beyond repair. Its bent at the hub and he tried everything he could to strighten it but no luck. Mille Miglia went out of business almost a decade ago and the EV-R's virtually do not exist in this lug pattern/size/width. I will do a little searching to see if I can find one or even a set but I feel it will be like the proverbial needle in a haystack. So I guess I am going to stay with the Kyowa 18's I currently have for now.

On to better news... I got the 2.5" CATs and back exhaust done the other day. It now consists of 2.25" Thunderbolt high flow CATs, 2.25" to 2.5" reducers, Magnaflow knockoff 2.5" X-pipe into Jones 2.5" x 20" long resonators, custom bent 2.5" pipes into the Magnaflow mufflers with Flow master dual 3.5" chrome tips. It sounds good and definately frees up a few horsepower. I am not 100% happy with the mufflers, I am going to change them eventually but I had them laying around so I used them for now.

I pulled my valve covers to change the gaskets again and decided I didnt like the aluminum color paint so I did them in gloss black. I also painted my strut covers, fuse box lid, and the engine cover gloss black. I must say it looks very nice but it makes me notice everything else in the engine bay that needs cleaned or some fresh paint.

I also removed my message center/vent and used some LB Weld on the message center button screw mounts (thanks Rollin and Mr. Howie). They were cracked but not yet broken. I also removed the parking brake handle boot and did some JB Weld magic there too. The tab that snaps into the center console was broken so it didnt stay down.

Next I am going to get a set of factory front coil springs and experiment with cutting them to lower the front of the car about an inch. I do not want to lower the back of the car because I am going to get a wider tire for the rear wheels and I want a slightly aggresive stance overall. I want to see how that looks before I spend $250 on Eibachs just to use the fronts.

I will be posting some pics and a video of the exhaust later tonight hopefully.

I just got back for KC. I should PM you next time I am there. We can meet up.:)

I just thought I would show some then and now pics of the engine bay of my 02 LSE.

Beforeafter1.JPG

beforeafter2.JPG

beforeafter3.JPG

beforeafter4.JPG

This is my 2.5" custom CATs and back system. Thunderbolt high-flow CATs, Magnaflow 'knockoff' X-pipe, Jones resonators, Magnaflow mufflers, and Flowmaster dual 3.5" chrome tips. I fit and welded everything myself except the pipe from the resonators to the mufflers. I had a local shop bend those pipes for me. I havent made a video yet but it sounds decent.
ThunderboltCATsando2sensors.jpg

exhaustparts.jpg

xpipeandres.jpg

Exhausttips3.jpg

Exhausttips2.jpg

Exhausttips1.jpg

Update

I ordered my Eibach springs Friday

Also I got lucky and had a new member here PM me because he saw I was looking for a set of Mille Miglia EV-R's. He has a set that I am going to buy tomorrow after he gets a quote on shipping. I cant wait to get these wheels on. Hopefully I can get some tires put on them and have it all done before the national meet in STL!

Got the Mille EV-R's paid for today, they will be shipping out tomorrow. I also ordered new tires for them. Eibachs should be here Wednesday. I can't wait to get this LSE sitting right! I am going to keep the wheels the silver alloy color for now but I may try 'Dipping them black and see what that looks like.

I have the aluminum degas bottle finished! Its at my girlfriends house because I am in the process of moving in with her so I dont have any pics yet. I wont be putting it in until after the STL meet just incase there are issues with it. I dont want any overheating problems when I am on a 4 hour drive there and back. I will bring it with me to show everyone.

After these mods are done I will be done modding my LS for awhile (maybe some body work and a WW spoiler this winter while it's parked tho). Instead, I will be putting my money in the bank and saving for some acreage outside of town. I'm wanting to build a house in the next few years and I hate being in the city. To busy and noisy for me. I guess I'm getting old.

Its been awhile since I updated this thread. I have put the Mille Miglia EVR-s on and they look great. I have the Eibach springs installed in the front. I love the look, a little raked but not too much. It has a very aggresive stance. I have also installed the stainless brake lines in the front. The brakes are now super sensitive, even my girlfriend has noticed that they grab harder than they used to.

Today I ordered a brand new 8.8" LSD and new axle shafts. I plan on installing them within the next month. I think I will also order the timing chain/tensioner rebuild kit from Christophers very soon. I have a small whine at WOT and Mr. Howie says its probly the primary tensioners so I will do some preventative maintenance to be safe. The timing overhaul will most likely happen over the week of July 4th since I should have 5 days off. I will also order new idler pulleys and tensioner pulleys since they have to come off anyway. This will also give me a chance to paint my crank pulley/dampener. It is completely covered in rust and looks like $hit in all the pics of my engine.

looking to buy$$$ lowering springs for a LS

Hi im new here i wanted to know if anyone has lowering spring for sale

Welcome to LVC!!!

Check, as well as post in the Forum area for Auto Parts for Sale. Just create a thread and put WTB Lincoln LS Springs in the title line and then describe what you are looking to have in the body of the post.

Have any pics of your car as it sits currently? If so, post in the Sticky Thread for pics owners have of their LS'es.

Springs for sale? wow...this isnt exactly the right thread for that question but welcome to LVC anyway.

Members online

Back