My Marks new shoes! I Loves em'

Chromebrow

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I got these on Sunday and I cleaned them in the rian on Monday and today I got em' put on.
I only paid $250.00 for them and they are in great shape, with real good tread. I just need to get metal valve cores and some nicer lugnuts now.

Here they are.......
th_Marksrim1.jpg

and the finished product.....

th_Marksrims.jpg

I just love the look of these on my Mark, Its like a totally new car to me, the look changes everything...for the better. Even my wife likes it now, before she said it looked ghetto lowered with stock rims and fat tires.

Last edited:
Thanks, I tried to fix it so it wouldn't take up the whole page, but I suck at this crap.

Mespock maybe we can swap sometime....wheels that is... but after I get over these.

Wow what a difference! Now tint that fishbowl and get some armor all on the tires and take lots more pics. Im timing you. Go!

Wheels look great! Now you just need to paint all the chrome on your car the same color as your car.

Thanks guys, and yes I need to tint it I know! You better have one hell of a stopwatch because its going to be awhile.
I plan on painting the chrome in due time. I still like it right now, I've only had the car for a few months.

Great find on those wheels and they look great!!

I'm not sure why nobody makes the 17-inch silver painted cobra r's in our bolt pattern, they're still my favorite wheel for this car.

Ken

Thanks, I'm usually a chrome guy and I love the speedstars, but these may just change my mine.
Also I'm selling my painted 10 spokes if any body is interested, with or without great tires, PM me.

Looks great mang! Now change your sig pic! :lol:

Your signature sears my eyes. :lol:

I didnt know we could have them that large. I edited the hell out of mine to make it that small. :(

Got get that ride tinted man.

Our cars look bad ass with some tints on them. Me myself I like limo tint on all windows of course not on front windshield. However, in the boring state of new jersey they are illegal to have the front driver and passenger windows tinted, but cops always have their personal rides tinted all the way around. Just venting. Great rims though. Enjoy them man.

Your rims are VERY unique. I saw when you posted the link to the AD on craigslist. Those are original FORD wheels that came on a VERY limited Thunderbird. GOD knows the route they have been through now to finally come to a home where they are appreciated for what they really are. DO NOT get rid of those wheels.
Definitely get some nicer pics with some ultra shine on those tires & do what I did with my chrome trimmings & grill, lot's of tape & newspaper, sand paper, 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint, 5 coats of clear. All done on a Saturday morning. Looks like it was done professionally. I did it 6 days after I bought the car. I knew it would change the look drastically. You think the wheels changed it? Wait until you do the chrome. Your car looks awesome. SWEET!!!

Our cars look bad ass with some tints on them. Me myself I like limo tint on all windows of course not on front windshield. However, in the boring state of new jersey they are illegal to have the front driver and passenger windows tinted, but cops always have their personal rides tinted all the way around. Just venting. Great rims though. Enjoy them man.

I would love to do my door windows as dark as my rear windows but all the inspection places check now and there are a couple cops that really inforce this law in my town. :(

Your rims are VERY unique. I saw when you posted the link to the AD on craigslist. Those are original FORD wheels that came on a VERY limited Thunderbird. GOD knows the route they have been through now to finally come to a home where they are appreciated for what they really are. DO NOT get rid of those wheels.
Definitely get some nicer pics with some ultra shine on those tires & do what I did with my chrome trimmings & grill, lot's of tape & newspaper, sand paper, 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint, 5 coats of clear. All done on a Saturday morning. Looks like it was done professionally. I did it 6 days after I bought the car. I knew it would change the look drastically. You think the wheels changed it? Wait until you do the chrome. Your car looks awesome. SWEET!!!

Really? Thats very interesting. I learn all kinds of neat obscure stuff on this site. :lol:

I scrubbed these tires before I put them on the car and they looked real nice, I put em on and drove around the block to make sure everything was okay with them and when I got back they where white?????? The whole side wall was about the same color of the wheel. My first thought was "oh crap they are rubbing and thats the paint dust on my tires", I checked for rub marks and ..none. So I scrubbed the tires with car wash and a stiff tire brush and they still were white, I could rub it off with my fingers but couldnt get it all off. So i used some watered down engine degreaser and the brush again and it was a bit better, until they dried. So I blacked the crap out of them and this was as black as I could get them.
Im going to do a good wash and try it again this week sometime.

Tint is coming in due time, money is aways an issue here, and I am going to paint the chrome but I like it right now. I'm going to wait a year or so until the car doesn't have that new feel to it anymore and I'm going to paint everything so it looks like a new to me car again.
Thanks for the comments, I dig em too.

I was wondering if red would look funny because its is not the same color red. I painted my blue chavy calipers blue and it bugs me a lttile sometime that they are not the same.
Any body else paited theres red with my color?

Members online

No members online now.
Back