My 2005 Lincoln LS 3.0 thread

WTF are "party plates" ???
Something I could add to my bucket list perhaps?

You don't want them... just means police would pull you over twice as often... for no reason!!! I taught him how to tweak his own driving skills. However... the alcohol,,, is an "adaptive strategy"... based on the individual. We don;t have cars THAT smart yet!!! Next will be "smart cars" that call the police... if we try to drive, (mark my words on that). Get a ticket by e-mail,,, before you leave the parking lot... and the car shuts down on you!!!! "Big Brother" is watching more than we all know!!!

Maybe not such a bad thing,,, but wait until it goes onto the ice!!! Imagine your Polaris or Ski-Doo doing the same thing.

05 to 06 front end conversion getting there. It was a bitch to remove the last bolt so I ended up using the disc grinder on the rusty bolt, lubricant did not help so it was last resort.I did chip a little piece of paint off the pass fender but I a have a gallon of the LS ebony paint and a pretty decent SATA cup gun and a nice compressor my uncle hooked me up for a late birthday gift.

GOPR1633.JPG

I want more pokey from my back wheels. Im not a fan of spacers but maybe some 0.5 - 1 inchers would be nice just to see how my rears stick out.

18952812_10158778304115402_3047231205509031947_n.jpg

I happen to have the grille your looking for Bud !!! ... in black. Have two of them as a matter of fact.

Let me know .... shipping from west of Ottawa or I can bring it to Winnipeg.

Yeah, hold on, I'll take pic now.

20170620_181417.jpg

From wife's parting out 03 V8 LS

20170620_181448.jpg

From my 04 LSE V8

Also have a silver McLaren but it needs rework and I'm not ready to part with it just yet.

Also have two complete sets of all red tails for 2nd GEN, one set has darkened tint tape over them, I might be transferring those to my 04.

A black rear plate surround also. Was not painted but black vinyl'ed.

I'm just about to head out to work for the week.
Let you think about what you think it's worth ... need to factor in shipping from Ontario to BC.

Give you a bit of a Canadian deal.

What CT paint did you use Mac?

I used just a generic dupli color for the bumper if thats what you mean?

I see that automotive touch up website has the ford paint code for my car in aresol form and by the gallon or quart. Once I save up a bit of money Im going to hopefully grab that grill from you and look out for some gen 1 LSE sides. Then I will buy the paint matched paint and re do my bumper. and touch up any spots on my car that has chips.

^ Oh oh :eek:

I've got Air Brake Ontario MTO test sheets w/ answers.
Might not do you any good as BC testing probably not same as ON.

Just remember,

- You are driving a YELLOW tractor with a RED trailer.
(this will assist you with the in-cab air valves to remember which operates which while you are learning)
(push in to active brakes and pull out to apply brakes)

Pulling them out, releases all the air thus not able to hold the spring back which operates the cam shaft that moves the brake shoes. It needs air, to release the brakes as in shoes away from drum. (consider it the parking brake)

Once air (valves pushed in) is into the system and brakes are released, the vehicle can begin to roll, it will then use the service line (foot pedal) to apply air in increments to adjust braking power. Use too much and you loose brakes if air pump can't keep up.

Never get out of the tractor without pulling the Yellow valve out !!!
You Pull the YELLOW to dump all the air and the Parking brakes on the tractor slam on.

You only ever need to dump the RED valve when your getting off the trailer,
it should not be used as a parking brake. Only pull the RED when you plan to disconnect from the trailer, other then that, it's always YELLOW only, even when parking overnight.

Push IN to charge = GO
Pull OUT to release = PARK

~ all else fails, open drivers door and jump out :)

Ask your instructor if he'll teach you how to slip shift a manual 10 or 13 speed before teaching you how to double clutch, makes life so much easier when you understand rev matching. Ministry testing will have you demonstrate double clutching techniques cuz they are idiots. You'll go on to slip shift and only use clutch to come to complete stop and get going again. Once going you'll not need no clutch. Takes a bit of getting it perfect but if you can't find it just grind it, make a new gear! LOL no!

Let me know when you get into it, I can help ya out a bit.
Oh and they'll start you out bob-tailing (no trailer) around traffic in the beginning, it'll be a bitch for sure. Once the trailer goes on it will feel and co-operate 10 times better. it needs the weight on the fifth wheel to ride nicely. Despite air bags, with no trailer on, it will drive like a Fn tank banging and slapping all the rears into every single bump and pot hole.

Backing a trailer into tight spots is something you need to do and learn by means of repetition. It'll feel and look all messed up and then one day it just comes. Practice makes perfect. Some get it right away, some completely can't muster this concept and usually end up getting their asses beat in a USA truck stop for taking another guys front end off.

Pay attention to Hours of Service regulations as well as weight distribution, max allowances and bridge requirements.

Then go night time Moose hunting in the back woods on the Trans Canada Hwy.
^ this is where shit gets real up head, trust me!

oh the fun of it all .... ;) ... good luck!

Wait till you try going downhill during icy conditions with a heavy load. Always a good time for sure!

^ Oh oh :eek:

I've got Air Brake Ontario MTO test sheets w/ answers.
Might not do you any good as BC testing probably not same as ON.

Just remember,

- You are driving a YELLOW tractor with a RED trailer.
(this will assist you with the in-cab air valves to remember which operates which while you are learning)
(push in to active brakes and pull out to apply brakes)

Pulling them out, releases all the air thus not able to hold the spring back which operates the cam shaft that moves the brake shoes. It needs air, to release the brakes as in shoes away from drum. (consider it the parking brake)

Once air (valves pushed in) is into the system and brakes are released, the vehicle can begin to roll, it will then use the service line (foot pedal) to apply air in increments to adjust braking power. Use too much and you loose brakes if air pump can't keep up.

Never get out of the tractor without pulling the Yellow valve out !!!
You Pull the YELLOW to dump all the air and the Parking brakes on the tractor slam on.

You only ever need to dump the RED valve when your getting off the trailer,
it should not be used as a parking brake. Only pull the RED when you plan to disconnect from the trailer, other then that, it's always YELLOW only, even when parking overnight.

Push IN to charge = GO
Pull OUT to release = PARK

~ all else fails, open drivers door and jump out :)

Ask your instructor if he'll teach you how to slip shift a manual 10 or 13 speed before teaching you how to double clutch, makes life so much easier when you understand rev matching. Ministry testing will have you demonstrate double clutching techniques cuz they are idiots. You'll go on to slip shift and only use clutch to come to complete stop and get going again. Once going you'll not need no clutch. Takes a bit of getting it perfect but if you can't find it just grind it, make a new gear! LOL no!

Let me know when you get into it, I can help ya out a bit.
Oh and they'll start you out bob-tailing (no trailer) around traffic in the beginning, it'll be a bitch for sure. Once the trailer goes on it will feel and co-operate 10 times better. it needs the weight on the fifth wheel to ride nicely. Despite air bags, with no trailer on, it will drive like a Fn tank banging and slapping all the rears into every single bump and pot hole.

Backing a trailer into tight spots is something you need to do and learn by means of repetition. It'll feel and look all messed up and then one day it just comes. Practice makes perfect. Some get it right away, some completely can't muster this concept and usually end up getting their asses beat in a USA truck stop for taking another guys front end off.

Pay attention to Hours of Service regulations as well as weight distribution, max allowances and bridge requirements.

Then go night time Moose hunting in the back woods on the Trans Canada Hwy.
^ this is where shit gets real up head, trust me!

oh the fun of it all .... ;) ... good luck!

Wait till you try going downhill during icy conditions with a heavy load. Always a good time for sure!

thanks for all of that!

Man rigs those grills are sweet. I bought mine off a guy here a few years ago, makes the car look SO much better. That's the only chrome this thing should have IMO.

I would KILL for an 06 lower front bumper. They're sooo sexy. Really give the car a fresh look.

Members online

No members online now.
Back