My 2005 Lincoln LS 3.0 thread

To "quantify"what I originally said... I said the OEM HID parts were No Longer Available. Doesn't seem as though I was wrong about that statement.

I was correcting your claim that the bulb couldn't be replaced. You seemed to be saying that the entire headlight assembly had to be replaced, which is simply not true. The bulbs are available.
Not from Ford... and my original comment in another thread had to do with OEM parts. Maybe I didn't qualify my statement back then,,, but when you got "harsh" with me... eventually I went back and checked the Ford parts website. No HID light assemblies or bulb/ballast assemblies available from Ford. Yes... bulb/ballast assemblies available from e-bay. Maybe bulbs also separately... but still not OEM.

Pass the ketchup. Anyone man enought to join me???

Alright, you're getting close to ignore list.
I didn't read all of that rant. Amazon has both the actual Ford bulbs from a Ford dealer, and aftermarket bulbs that fit. This all started because someone posted that they needed a new bulb and you made the crazy claim that the bulb couldn't be changed, instead that the entire assembly had to be changed. Nobody said anything about needing a ballast.

To "quantify"what I originally said... I said the OEM HID parts were No Longer Available. Doesn't seem as though I was wrong about that statement.
Not true. Dealers still have stock of the bulbs and are still selling them.

I bought legit motorcraft part's from ebay. People will get tons of parts from different brands and sell them on their own store. Its called being a merchant. Lol... My motorcraft plugs and coils were purchased from a ebay seller and being curious I took them to Ford and got them checked out. Yes they were authentic. So your incorrect when you say you cannot get oem parts of amazon or ebay lol... go to ford and give them all your money.

I bought legit motorcraft part's from ebay. People will get tons of parts from different brands and sell them on their own store. Its called being a merchant. Lol... My motorcraft plugs and coils were purchased from a ebay seller and being curious I took them to Ford and got them checked out. Yes they were authentic. So your incorrect when you say you cannot get oem parts of amazon or ebay lol... go to ford and give them all your money.
These persons on here who are very rigid and refuse to look for alternate solutions like you were will to try

Not true. Dealers still have stock of the bulbs and are still selling them.
That's news to me. Maybe I was searching in the wrong place,,, but I couldn't find an HID bulb only replacement part listed on the Ford Parts website. Headlight assemblies and bulb/ballast assemblies ARE listed... but due to low demand... are no longer produced. That based on the Ford Parts website info.

Years ago,,, I searched for replacement HID assemblies and Bulb/ballast assemblies... and parts were NLA on the Ford Parts website. IIRC... my local dealer said they were NLA.

Maybe since then,,, the aftermarket has opened up to offer options. That is good to know. But my original search and inquiry to dealerships led to a dead end on HID parts. Maybe I was talking to the wrong people,,, but I am only standing on what I am saying here,,, by what I was told a few years back.

Even then... try to buy a new OEM full HID headlight assembly, (for purpose of replacement of front end collision), for insurance claim. To the best of my knowlege... they have been NLA for a few years now.

I just checked your 2C5Z-13N021-BA and it crosses to 13N021A on Ford Parts... available for $192. Good to know factory part #. Now give me valid Ford part #'s for the ballast and full HID headlight assemblies. I couldn't find them.

These persons on here who are very rigid and refuse to look for alternate solutions like you were will to try
Im in the process of finding reviews on cheap ebay china coils for back ups it. It's hard to find non Motorcraft coils for a gen 2 v6 that wont fail after 3 months if that. If anyone can prove me wrong Ill buy them.

Can't recommend anything Chinese... but your local O'reilly's will have USA made coils with a lifetime warranty. I have a spare in my trunk just in case, (and haven't needed it for 100k miles.)

And DESPITE what accusations may come my way,,, the ONLY spare LS part I have in MY trunk... is a spare coil, (and tools to change it). Better than dumping raw fuel into the oil while trying to find the LPS!!!

Can't recommend anything Chinese... but your local O'reilly's will have USA made coils with a lifetime warranty. I have a spare in my trunk just in case, (and haven't needed it for 100k miles.)

And DESPITE what accusations may come my way,,, the ONLY spare LS part I have in MY trunk... is a spare coil, (and tools to change it). Better than dumping raw fuel into the oil while trying to find the LPS!!!

what coils did you get? im going to o reilys next weekend

Borg Warner. When I bought my BWD's a few years ago the were made in the USA. The are a rebadged version of Standard Motor Products. Some will disagree with me,,, but save yourself the heat buildup... and leave the coil covers off. It may not look as pretty when you pop the hood... but you will be money ahead. All the coil covers do is trap heat,,, shortening the life of the coils.

FYI... I also installed Bosch Iridium plugs at the same time. Got the best deal on those through Rock Auto. If you buy the Bosch Iridium plugs... DON'T gap them!!! Just install out of the box with a bit of "never seize" on the threads.

Im in the process of finding reviews on cheap ebay china coils for back ups it. It's hard to find non Motorcraft coils for a gen 2 v6 that wont fail after 3 months if that. If anyone can prove me wrong Ill buy them.

Steer very clear of ECCP coils.
Very China and very useless right out of the box as reported by several members in the past.

... If you buy the Bosch Iridium plugs... DON'T gap them!!! Just install out of the box with ...

Worse advise ever !!!

No matter the brand, they all at the very least require the gap to be verified, one can never assume it to be correct.
They are to be verfied for a 1.0mm gap, if not so, some adjustment to the spacing is required.

Please don't start advocating not to gap newly purchased plugs. Indeed they may not need it but it at the very least needs to be verified and adjusted if needed.

Only a blind man installs plugs out of the box directly.

Don't become a Don-O...

Worse advise ever !!!

No matter the brand, they all at the very least require the gap to be verified, one can never assume it to be correct.
They are to be verfied for a 1.0mm gap, if not so, some adjustment to the spacing is required.

Please don't start advocating not to gap newly purchased plugs. Indeed they may not need it but it at the very least needs to be verified and adjusted if needed.

Only a blind man installs plugs out of the box directly.

Don't become a Don-O...
This, but becareful that you dont ruin the platinum tips if using plugs with platinum tips.. I double checked my motorcraft plats and they were pretty spot on however, Im still worried lol

If you do it correctly, you won't damage them. If you just try to pry a gauge in there to spread the gap, then you'll do damage. There are videos on the web on how to do it right.

You know how porcupines do it? ... Very carefully!

Worse advise ever !!!

They are to be verfied for a 1.0mm gap, if not so, some adjustment to the spacing is required

I dropped mine in without checking gap over 100K miles ago without any problems. Didn't feel like taking a chance on "tweaking" that fine wire electrode by accident. None were dropped,,, all plugs had the protective collar on the threads... and no boxes were damaged. They come pre gapped at the factory.

This is what happens when we hang out with guys like Joe, we get called on it. Ketchup or Mustard, we all learn.

... and you should always check plugs no matter what. Ever heard of things being build on a Friday or in China. Quality control is often lost when shipping deadline need to be met. Hired truck is waiting to be loaded with month end rush. Quality assurance out the window. Very possible. Not always the case but as consumers we should at least verify and demand quality workmanship. Brand name means nothing these days.

... Didn't feel like taking a chance on "tweaking" that fine wire electrode by accident ...

Seriously ... it's not all that brittle on the NGK iridiums. Just gently slid some stacked feeler gauges in between. Pretty simple really. It's when you have to adjust the gap if need be that one has to be careful.

So far, I think that out of every set of eight plugs that I have bought, all but one set had one, two, or three gaps out of spec. These were all "pre-gapped" and all had the protective cardboard sleeve. Clearly, your experience may be different.

Insert Dos XX beer guy meme here:

"I don't often change the lawnmower sparkplug BUT when I do, I always check the pre-gap".

Meanwhile somewhere in a China factory giggles can be heard.

Last edited:
Well,,, maybe I got lucky. I DID eyeball and compare all plugs before installing.

Looking at the fine "dot" on the negative/ground,,, and the "dot" on the fine wire electrode... I didn't want to take a chance on making something "FUBAR".

I'm really not in the mood to argue tonight. Son flipped, (end for end), and barrel rolled his Escape tonight. Walked away!!! Slick roads,,, cell phone... and BAC double the legal limit!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't call this lucky,,, but rather PROVIDENCE.

Rigs... you know what I mean by PM's to you. Not gonna go there like I did a year ago. Still something to think about.

When I got the call and went to the scene,,, as soon as he saw me... he came up and hugged me and started crying. I was pissed... but didn't give him a hard time.

Told him that if he lived in Canada... he'd be on a long vacation at this point... and that other European countries are worse.

I blame part of this on the company he works for,,, and the type of people they hire, (hard to get fired from this company because they need strong bodies). He's actually a good kid,,, with a good heart... and would help anybody he could.

Problem is... this is his "second strike"... so he's gonna get "party plates" if he is still able to retain his work driving priviledges. Not gonna get in to the rest of it on here. He's dug a deep hole. I was soooo stressed tonight,,, that my right arm was hurting and my fingers were tingling. So I'm nursing a 12 pack at this time.

Nuff said... I'm done.

Glad he's alright Bud, if you think his driving skills need tweaking, send him my way ... no charge!

WTF are "party plates" ???
Something I could add to my bucket list perhaps?

Members online

No members online now.
Back