Mr. Hyde

Warden

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've got the 96 back and it's changed its attitude a bit.
Here are some scaled down pics.
The first pic is taken when it first got home after Carlisle.
The second pic I washed the rims in the small amount of shade I have in the driveway, then moved onto the grass in the shade to wash the car. Once cleaned I lowered the car out of 4x4 mode and dried it off before moving into the garage to finish drying and hand wax.
Big thanks to Jeremi.

DSCN1344.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

DSCN1588_063.jpg

DSCN1589_064.jpg

DSCN1590_065.jpg

DSCN1591_066.jpg

DSCN1592_067.jpg

DSCN1593_068.jpg

DSCN1594_069.jpg

DSCN1595_070.jpg

DSCN1596_071.jpg

DSCN1597_072.jpg

DSCN1598_073.jpg

DSCN1599_074.jpg

DSCN1600_075.jpg

DSCN1601_076.jpg

DSCN1602_077.jpg

DSCN1603_078.jpg

DSCN1604_079.jpg

DSCN1605_080.jpg

DSCN1606_081.jpg

DSCN1608_083.jpg

DSCN1609_084.jpg

DSCN1610_085.jpg

DSCN1611_086.jpg

DSCN1612_087.jpg

DSCN1613_088.jpg

DSCN1614_089.jpg

DSCN1615_090.jpg

DSCN1616_091.jpg

DSCN1617_092.jpg

DSCN1618_093.jpg

DSCN1619_094.jpg

DSCN1620_095.jpg

DSCN1621_096.jpg

DSCN1622_097.jpg

DSCN1623_098.jpg

DSCN1624_099.jpg

DSCN1625_100.jpg

DSCN1626_101.jpg

DSCN1627_102.jpg

DSCN1628_103.jpg

DSCN1629_104.jpg

DSCN1630_105.jpg

DSCN1631_106.jpg

DSCN1632_107.jpg

DSCN1633_108.jpg

DSCN1634_109.jpg

DSCN1635_110.jpg

DSCN1636_111.jpg

DSCN1637_112.jpg

DSCN1638_113.jpg

DSCN1639_114.jpg

DSCN1640_115.jpg

DSCN1641_116.jpg

DSCN1642_117.jpg

DSCN1644_119.jpg

DSCN1645_120.jpg

DSCN1646_121.jpg

DSCN1647_122.jpg

DSCN1648_123.jpg

DSCN1649_124.jpg

DSCN1650_125.jpg

DSCN1651_126.jpg

DSCN1652_127.jpg

DSCN1653_128.jpg

DSCN1654_129.jpg

DSCN1657_132.jpg

DSCN1658_133.jpg

DSCN1659_134.jpg

DSCN1660_135.jpg

DSCN1661_136.jpg

DSCN1662_137.jpg

DSCN1663_138.jpg

DSCN1664_139.jpg

DSCN1690_165.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

For sale? I think that maybe one of my favorite Gen 1's on here. Looks amazing. I hope everything is settled in life now. Hate to see it get neglected like last time when it got pushed out of the house and into the snow drift lol. A black interior swap would really set that car off but what you have appears to be clean inside, so the color isn't bad. When that color isn't taken care of with some Lexol cleaner and Lexol conditioner before hand, the seat cracks start to appear and then that color seat really sucks. Yours look good though. Everything does. I would pay the price on that one and spend the $200 each on new corner lenses. tasca.com still has them I believe.

I like and very nice. I noticed you have tips like mine but they are rolled and more noticable. Have you ever ran it down the 1/4 mile or had it dynoed. If so what were the results. I'm just starting to work on mine for looks. I hope mine looks that good some day..

I was privileged to go for a rip in that beast with Jeremi. Let me tell you, if anything impresses more than the power in that car, it's the brakes. Even with the Nitto 555s warmed up, it will engage ABS with every firm stab of the pedal. The suspension is so tight even with the air ride, there is no dive.

beautiful car man...you have my dream setup in yours
is that a termi swap with 05+ tr3650?

From Jeremi's Build Thread - The longblock is typically found in 03-04 Mach1, the trans was taken out of a S197 style GT, the intercooled blower top end is from an 03-04 Cobra".

For sale? I think that maybe one of my favorite Gen 1's on here. Looks amazing. I hope everything is settled in life now. Hate to see it get neglected like last time when it got pushed out of the house and into the snow drift lol. A black interior swap would really set that car off but what you have appears to be clean inside, so the color isn't bad. When that color isn't taken care of with some Lexol cleaner and Lexol conditioner before hand, the seat cracks start to appear and then that color seat really sucks. Yours look good though. Everything does. I would pay the price on that one and spend the $200 each on new corner lenses. tasca.com still has them I believe.

The car is definately not for sale - EVER. The interior has not been cleaned or treated in years. I put some leather treatment on the seats back in 08 then did nothing else:eek: and other than the door panel swap and steering wheel center swap Jeremi did nothing inside either (other than the clutch in shifter). I mean, we never detailed the interior. It's on ths list to do but luckily it is so perfectly clean. I still have the Brand new LSC Floor Mats in LT Graphite too. I love the interior but am not going to lie - BLACK would be insane. Maybe years down the line when the interior parts are MORE readily available:rolleyes:

how does the blower pulley fit under a stock gen 1 hood?

With work.

"Shaved motor mounts, some spacers, some experience from prior builds, and it fits."

Amazing work done by Jeremi. I don't know what magix he used but when you look at the pics I posted you wouldn't think the hood would close. But it does.

I like and very nice. I noticed you have tips like mine but they are rolled and more noticable. Have you ever ran it down the 1/4 mile or had it dynoed. If so what were the results. I'm just starting to work on mine for looks. I hope mine looks that good some day..

I am still learning to drive the manual transmision. Getting there. Have never taken it to the track but I will someday. THere is a bit of wheel hop. Need to invest in the Delrin Bushings from Doug. Soon Doug, soon:shifty:. I know that was on Jeremi's list to do.

I thought everyone was following this thread LOL. I am probably 11,500+ of the 23,000+ views on that thread though.

I was privileged to go for a rip in that beast with Jeremi. Let me tell you, if anything impresses more than the power in that car, it's the brakes. Even with the Nitto 555s warmed up, it will engage ABS with every firm stab of the pedal. The suspension is so tight even with the air ride, there is no dive.

Jeremi took me for the same kind of ride too. Holy Sneakers. It is completely different sitting in the passanger seat with no control.

no, unfortunately not :(

I didn't know anything about Jeremi either untill I sold him the car and he mentioned a few threads to read to see what the car was in store for. My jaw dropped. In a way not knowing who Jeremi was is actually what made this car the way it is. Had I known of Jeremi I might have sent him the car for the underside restoration only since the original engine and transmission were perfect (smoothest running Mark VIII I ever had - and I had 3). However, selling the car to Jeremi he made it his own. He never had any intention of keeping the car but I also don't think he realized how much of his soul he put into this car. Pics do not do this car justice - and neither does my driving.
The Engine, Blower, Transmission, Brakes, Hub swap, Trac Lok, Door panel swap, etc ..... How could I not buy this car back. I am so in love.
In the month I have had the car back I have already put more miles on the car than in the previous 4 freakin years. Scratch that, the owner before me only put maybe 1,000 miles on it on the three years he had the car. I think the car is happy to be driving again.
And everyone loves this car. Heads turn everywhere. I don't really like the attention but then again they are not looking at me. It's like dating a really hot chick but surprisingly no jealosy when everyone stares - kinda wierd not being jealous but proud.
There are many other nice marks out there, I think we know which ones they are and I am proud that this one is in that category now. THis car definately deserved it.
Thanks Jeremi.

does it get a lot of attention on the street? i assume it does.

Yes, you assume correctly. Most are at a loss of words initially after I pop the hood. Takes them a minute to realize what they are looking at.
Driving through Boston a few weeks back I had multiple shout outs as driving down Atlantic ave and through the North End.

Yes, you assume correctly. Most are at a loss of words initially after I pop the hood. Takes them a minute to realize what they are looking at.
Driving through Boston a few weeks back I had multiple shout outs as driving down Atlantic ave and through the North End.
Yes but hearing shouting in the North End is like seeing Red Sox apparel at Kenmore Square. :D

I will be using this car to perfect my paint detailing skills. Although the paint looks good and shines it is in need of a complete repaint.
I plan on ordering a bunch of detailing products from Detailed Image soon; including a power polisher.
I already use a three bucket cleaning technique when washing the car (have for years) but scratches still appear. Work on clay baring, power polishing, compounding, etc. Then when I save up for the right kind of paint job (and prep work) I should be more than decent at it and able to keep the paint fresh for years.

As for mileage/age of the combo this is what I have come up with....
Age of the car = 16 years old.
Paint on the car = 16 years old, 83,000 miles.
Interior of the car = 16 years old, 83,000 miles.
Engine Block = ~8 years old, ~ 3000 miles now.
Blower = ~8 Years Old, ~12,000 miles now.
Transmision = ~ 8 years old, 3000 miles now.
Hub Swap and Brakes - not sure, they weren't new when jeremi put them on but darn close. I'd say~ 5000 miles give or take.
New Air Suspension and front end components ~ 4 years old and 4000 miles.

Man, the sun is out, I should be driving this or cleaning it. The bike is so jealous, I washed it the same day as the photos were taken but that's all so far this year. Still havent changed the oil (that's what I was going to do yesterday, but maybe today i'll take the car to get the oil for the bike) nor have I had a chance to get the bike an inspection sticker yet this year. Too much time being spent in the car. Even neglecting my yard work. It is more important to take the back roads to my buddies place in NH to jump in his pool, then drive back 2 hours (all backroads) home. Zoom, zoom.

Yes but hearing shouting in the North End is like seeing Red Sox apparel at Kenmore Square. :D

Lots of shouting this weekend with the Yanks in town. Doubleheader yesterday. So glad I moved out of the city a few years ago. As a matter of fact it was this exact car and my desire for a garage that got me out of the city. I only slightly miss living there. I still work in the city and have job sites all over the city so I spend a great deal of time there but the only time I miss it is when we go out for drinks and I have to drive 40 minutes home. Sometimes I crash on couches, and sometimes I drive like a tool:shifty:
EDIT: and sometimes my tool helps me find a place to crash... Love city girls.

I've followed that view from the beginning. It's a very impressive build. That car should not leave your hands ever again.

amazing work, even if is a gen 1, i aint been around too much so it took me a minute to realize this is the same car. sure it was clean when you bought it off of jim but now it just blows me away. Jeremi does awesome work we have known this for years, enjoy your toy

Members online

Back