Moving to Colorado Springs

WTF Ford Nut... thats the kid that want's to drive the blue on blue??

Tell him to keep the interior clean :D

I'd post the pic but I deleted it... sorry!

Yep...he drove the car for a hour and a half yesterday....and we are going driving today.
I think I pushed my foot thu the passenger floor board yesterday lookin for the brake.
He almost pulled out in front of a pt crusier, I had to beller out a loud STOP!!!!!
This is kid two I have one more to teach. :eek:
I will have more gray hair when we have our next meet.

Yep...he drove the car for a hour and a half yesterday....and we are going driving today.
I think I pushed my foot thu the passenger floor board yesterday lookin for the brake.
He almost pulled out in front of a pt crusier, I had to beller out a loud STOP!!!!!
This is kid two I have one more to teach. :eek:
I will have more gray hair when we have our next meet.

Ah you know that you like GRAY Hair. :D

so my move started today, I am living in a hotel until next Friday, I leave for Colorado Tuesday morning, My Navigation has me taking 70 all the way. I plan on driving from DC to St. Louis the first day, and from St. Louis to Colorado Springs the second, can you guys offer any advice on police hot spots, or good cheap hotels going through that area? I am going through Ohio, Indiana, Mussouri*, Kansas, and then Colorado.

96HotRodLincoln live in St. Louis... crash at his house!

I'd just drive it straight through... I am crazy though :D

so my move started today, I am living in a hotel until next Friday, I leave for Colorado Tuesday morning, My Navigation has me taking 70 all the way. I plan on driving from DC to St. Louis the first day, and from St. Louis to Colorado Springs the second, can you guys offer any advice on police hot spots, or good cheap hotels going through that area? I am going through Ohio, Indiana, Mussouri*, Kansas, and then Colorado.

Get me your e-mail addy and I'll shoot you the pictures of the house you wanted me to look at.

Police hotspots on I 70?

Illinois is a 65 MPH on controlled access roads, Dont do much more than 70 if your looking to avoid Barney. Misery is a little better on thier speed rules......(I run 80 MPH).....set the cruise at 72-73 all through Kansas and you will be fine.

To save an hour or so on your trip, take US 40 at Oakley Kansas, and that will run you to SH94 in Colorado. From that intersection it's a 95 mile straight shot into the Springs.

Let me know if you want the actual turn by turn directions, But I promise you, after 30-40 trips between Illinois, I know the quickest route.

Mike

Colorado Springs is very nice. You will like it. I lived there for about 7 years back in the 90's. The drive across Kansas blows, literally. It's nothing but flat and windy.

It is the best place - I have lived in Colorado all my life -

The song 'America the Beautiful' was written about Colorado - the woman who wrote it had just taken a trip to the top of Pikes Peak, and was so inspired by the beautiful view, she wrote the song.

Spacious skies, amber waves of grain, purple mountain majesties, it is all here.

And if you love the outdoors - you are coming to the right place. Hunting, fishing, camping, skiing, boating, kayaking, biking, 4-wheeling, lots and lots more!

I live between Denver and Boulder... This is what I see every morning and evening on the way to work...
5725064.Flatironsatsunrise07.jpg

Old Foxy .... your magnificent trio may argue with who wrote the song as a Man didn't do it LOL..

Mike after your pics I'm moving tomorrow ...

truck towing.jpgI am pulling out Saturday morning around 4am, tthis is sthe pic of my truck pulling the trailer my car is about to go on. I will keep everyone updated with pics of my long journey across part of the U.S. I will include of the whole rig later.

truck towing.jpg

Thanks! I am stopping to see my outkast uncle in Kansas, that should be fun, he got kicked out the Army for smoking the reefa, LOL

mmmppfff... oook..

There goes the neighborhood... :D

Another East coast transplant moving to redneck country.

WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!, I am born and raised in Detroit! I am going to turn Colorado Liberal or die trying. LOL

White Castle

I almost wrecked when I saw the White Castle sign in Columbus Ohio, I am in Richmond Ohio, 50 feet from the Indiana state line, Literally, still on I-70, havent seen any cops at all.
IMG00096-20090502-1929.jpg

IMG00096-20090502-1929.jpg

Ah Lincolnx2 - we are far more liberal than you might think... the state went for Obama, both of our senators are Democats, 5 out of 7 of our US Representatives are Democrats, the state Senate and House are run by the Democrats, our governor is a Democrat.

Members online

No members online now.
Back